How does one get chairbacks to baseball games?

bluegoose27

Feb 21, 2023
Sadly, our great university doesn't make baseball chairbacks very accessible from what I can find.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Sadly, our great university doesn't make baseball chairbacks very accessible from what I can find.
Make good friends with an older couple whose kids have moved off and/or don’t care about baseball. Maybe they’ll put you in Will.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
You buy season tickets.
You pay for the seats and you buy season tickets every year-like I’ve done since the 1980’s. People were given the opportunity to pony up for a 10-year commitment when the stadium was expanded, twice. If you didn’t commit, you didn’t get the seats. It shouldn’t be that difficult to understand. You simply had to make the commitment. It’s not that hard. If you didn’t want to make the commitment to buy the seats and to buy the tickets for 10 years, you shouldn’t be surprised. This is simply a case of supply and demand.

Reactions: jdbulldog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Buy a GA ticket for $10. Walk around and enjoy the view. Then after a few innings, go find you a seat.

I have a few tricks to avoid the event staff. I’ll give them to you for a nominal fee.

If want to buy a reserved chairback ticket ahead of time, you’ll have to get on StubHub/etc. like everybody else. The seats are sold out. It’s not hard to understand. You can’t buy them from the ticket office whenever you feel like it. Sack up and pay up.

Or - do what I said above and have a good time.

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Buticket for $10. Walk around and enjoy the view. Then after a few innings, go find you a seat.

I have a few tricks to avoid the event staff. I’ll give them to you for a nominal fee.

If want to buy a reserved chairback ticket ahead of time, you’ll have to get on StubHub/etc. like everybody else. The seats are sold out. It’s not hard to understand. You can’t buy them from the ticket office whenever you feel like it. Sack up and pay up.

Or - do what I said above and have a good time.
Additionally, you can just just bring your own chair(s) and set in the right field berm, your own chair will be more comfortable than a chair back.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

Gotta take care of the kid.

cleveland cavaliers love GIF by NBPA

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
You pay for the seats and you buy season tickets every year-like I’ve done since the 1980’s. People were given the opportunity to pony up for a 10-year commitment when the stadium was expanded, twice. If you didn’t commit, you didn’t get the seats. It shouldn’t be that difficult to understand. You simply had to make the commitment. It’s not that hard. If you didn’t want to make the commitment to buy the seats and to buy the tickets for 10 years, you shouldn’t be surprised. This is simply a case of supply and demand.
The stadium is going to be 20 years old and we will still have people saying this. Apparently if you weren’t in a position to make a 10 year commitment several years ago, you’re screwed. And this is not a knock at the guys who did make the commitment. You guys deserve to have your seats. It was just a short sighted to have no ability to expand on season tickets holders (chairbacks anyway)

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They out priced a lot of the fan base when they built the new stadium. They forgot about the family of 4 that lives in Jackson that comes 3-4 series a season when they removed bleacher seating. They told them to go 17 themselves unless they wanted to dump thousands of dollars for a 10 year commitment. Will need that money for a new baseball coach soon I guess.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The stadium is going to be 20 years old and we will still have people saying this. Apparently if you weren’t in a position to make a 10 year commitment several years ago, you’re screwed. And this is not a knock at the guys who did make the commitment. You guys deserve to have your seats. It was just a short sighted to have no ability to expand on season tickets holders (chairbacks anyway)
There’s a lot of this exclusivity mindset in our baseball fanbase.(that wasn’t me coming up with a word like exclusivity, that was predictive text).

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
They out priced a lot of the fan base when they built the new stadium. They forgot about the family of 4 that lives in Jackson that comes 3-4 series a season when they removed bleacher seating. They told them to go 17 themselves unless they wanted to dump thousands of dollars for a 10 year commitment. Will need that money for a new baseball coach soon I guess.
Cohen didn’t forget about those fans he just didn’t care about them. The average fan experience wasn’t on his priority list.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
There’s a lot of this exclusivity mindset in our baseball fanbase.(that wasn’t me coming up with a word like exclusivity, that was predictive text).
They think it's big time but we have only one baseball championship and that came two years ago but feels like a decade ago now with the drop off lemonis has had now that canns guys are gone

kired

Aug 22, 2008
What I don’t understand is why so few people list them on StubHub. If they’re not being used, why not even attempt to sell them? Just like lower level basketball tickets. Empty seats and nothing available to buy

patdog

May 28, 2007
What I don’t understand is why so few people list them on StubHub. If they’re not being used, why not even attempt to sell them? Just like lower level basketball tickets. Empty seats and nothing available to buy
It’s a pain in the *** for not much money. When I’ve had tickets I wasn’t using I just gave them away to friends or just ate them.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Been the same for basketball for years. I stopped going to basketball games because I got removed by event staff for sitting in empty seats that I watched all half. I wanted to buy lower bowl seats but none for resale. I don't live within an hour of Starkville so I'll never buy season tickets for any sport but football. Just doesn't make sense. 4.5 hours drive cuts out any games not on Saturday and Sunday for me other than an occasional Friday. Not a smart investment for me in today's economy to pour thousands in to seats I know I can't use. Not to mention there are s bunch of other things that take up my weekends also so that cuts me down to about 3-4 weekends now. When I lived closer I would go every weekend when there was still bleachers. Now I'm not paying 75 a seat per game just to get a chair back and I'm not driving 4.5 hours to sit in the grass or stand the whole game. My *** will just watch on tv. If they keep up the piss poor effort though I'll find other **** to do than even do that. Where I live there is always plenty to do.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Y’all keep talking about this ‘average fan’ and have been the last 15 years. The true average fan buys season tickets.

You clowns that want to come to 3-4 series want to have your cake and eat it too. That crap doesn’t fly for Alabama football because those tickets are in demand, just like our baseball tickets.

If you want to pick and choose games, become a fan of another team with less fan following.

And just FYI, I didn’t buy season tickets either. But I also don’t b1tch. I buy GA tickets and do what I have to do when I want to come.

Y’all seriously need to get over this. Y’all aren’t the average fan. Y’all are acting like the real spoiled brats. The mindset that you should ‘enjoy MSU baseball’ for the same price as a season ticket holder is just unfathomable to me.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Y’all keep talking about this ‘average fan’ and have been the last 15 years. The true average fan buys season tickets.

You clowns that want to come to 3-4 series want to have your cake and eat it too. That crap doesn’t fly for Alabama football because those tickets are in demand, just like our baseball tickets.

If you want to pick and choose games, become a fan of another team with less fan following.

And just FYI, I didn’t buy season tickets either. But I also don’t b1tch. I buy GA tickets and do what I have to do when I want to come.

Y’all seriously need to get over this.
Lose the fan base if you want. This **** matters. I know lots of families in Jackson that don't go any more because they aren't going to pay that kind of money or not taking their family to sit in grass or walk the whole time. The **** don't stink exclusive baseball fans at msu are as delusional as the ole miss fans.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lose the fan base if you want. This **** matters. I know lots of families in Jackson that don't go any more because they aren't going to pay that kind of money or not taking their family to sit in grass or walk the whole time. The **** don't stink exclusive baseball fans at msu are as delusional as the ole miss fans.
We won’t lose anything as long as we continue to win. Which is in jeopardy at the moment.

Further, there is no solution that will make you happy. This isn’t Hoover. We can’t just make it all GA.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
This has always been a problem. When they built the first set of suites Rafael bought one and Polk setup a deal where we ex players as a group could buy into the one next door. Then both would be available if Rafael wasn't going to use it that game. It was a yearly commitment. I joined. I did not even try to go to a game that first year. The next year I tried to go to a game and the rules were first come first serve and I didn't want to chance driving 3 hours and not getting a seat. I proposed that there be something like 4 reserved tickets a year so we could all be guaranteed a spot by planning instead of all of us funding the guys who stayed local or close to Starkville. They got to use it all the time and when I wanted to go they still got to use it. I bowed out after year two. It supposedly was too much of a hassle to track who used the suites and setup an equitable sharing system for all putting money in.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We won’t lose anything as long as we continue to win. Which is in jeopardy at the moment.

Further, there is no solution that will make you happy. This isn’t Hoover. We can’t just make it all GA.
Again hyperbole with you. Nobody expects it to be all GA. They went from having chair back season tickets and bleacher seating to having chair backs with an even crazier commitment and the. SRO or sit in the grass if you get there earlier enough. They took out seats for the average fan and replaced it with grass to make themselves feel better about themselves. there is always an in between but the ******** in our fan base like their exclusion and look down upon bleachers even though it is in tons of major league parks. Because they think their **** don't stink. It's always the exaggerated hyperboles for arguments too and this or that but don't ever consider the in between.

you can keep saying won't lose fans. But generations don't grow up going to the park because now their parents won't take them to go stand for 3 hours or sit in the dirt for 3 hours. They will grow up doing something else. Hell it's easier for me to go to Houston and catch astros games and have better seats for better prices than I get for going to state games now. So maybe I'll just do that instead with my available weekends. Hell I could go to red stick or Tulane every weekend cheaper than I can go Starkville. Seems like their programs are doing better than ours right because they have kicked our asses a lot lately. Seems like they care less about how fancy their stadium is and just play fuckinng baseball

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
As usual, he was shortsighted and small minded when the stadium was built. It was built for today, not for 10 years from now.

To be fair, the entire New Dude project was announced and initially bankrolled under Stricklin. I’m sure Cohen had input but it was already well in the downhill phase by the time he took over as AD.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
When a third of the chairbacks aren't being used and are being shown empty on the broadcast, meanwhile the berms are packed to the gills and families with small kids are standing in the concourse area trying to watch the game, I call that a problem. There needs to be some way for the blue hairs that have season tix that want to skip a game or a series to EASILY sell or donate them . I've done the GA thing, and I loathe it. Sitting in your own chair in the berm ain't bad, but only if you're lined up hours early to land rush a spot. My wife and kid aren't doing that, and I'm not about to ditch them elsewhere on campus while I do it. Whatever face value is for a chairback, I'll pay it for the 3-4 series we can make it to each year...if only I could find a way to contact the 1500 people that have them that aren't freaking using them.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It’s a pain in the *** for not much money. When I’ve had tickets I wasn’t using I just gave them away to friends or just ate them.
But it’s really not anymore if you have a stubhub account (assuming it’s like football). Just go into hailstate app, select my tickets at the bottom, select sell on stubhub and within a minute you can have them listed.

I have the money sent to my PayPal where I’ll use it eventually. I don’t think they could make it any easier

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
But it’s really not anymore if you have a stubhub account (assuming it’s like football). Just go into hailstate app, select my tickets at the bottom, select sell on stubhub and within a minute you can have them listed.

I have the money sent to my PayPal where I’ll use it eventually. I don’t think they could make it any easier
The issue with StubHub - due to IRS guidance last year - once the sales from your account shows you’ve sold over 600$, you get a 1099 for taxes -

Just a hassle for trying to go that route

We made one series last year- I have two that play that were chasing playing school, travel ball and summer ball

every year until this year, I received a phone call to renew and renewed over the phone. This year no call about renewal. I guess they could have emailed about it.
Anyway, we chose not to renew and use that 2k on our boys’ baseball expenses.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I've never had a problem getting a chairback seat when I really wanted one. I had to search stubhub, Facebook and so on. I had to pay for those seats. But I got a ticket.

Really try to find them, be willing to pay. You'll get a chairback.

edit to add; right now on stubhub you can get a chairback to any of the 3 game series. There are some reasonably priced tickets too.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdbulldog

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Two years ago during the super, the wife (no pics) and I mistakenly sat in chair backs in the wrong section, when we figured it out and started to move, those around us told us not to move as vet (the smart kind, not the dumb kind like me) from South MS and her husband own those seats and they never come to a game, give tics away or sell the seats.

There's need to be a process through dogtag where tickets can be exchanged, doing it via stubhub adds unnecessary steps and expenses.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
There's need to be a process through dogtag where tickets can be exchanged, doing it via stubhub adds unnecessary steps and expenses.
There is a process. Now I did connect with the ticket owners in a Facebook msu ticket exchange. But he sent me the tickets via dog tag.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
I've never had a problem getting a chairback seat when I really wanted one. I had to search stubhub, Facebook and so on. I had to pay for those seats. But I got a ticket.

Really try to find them, be willing to pay. You'll get a chairback.

edit to add; right now on stubhub you can get a chairback to any of the 3 game series. There are some reasonably priced tickets too.
There are some games that will be difficult to find a chairback, but most of the time one can find them if he looks hard enough. Be willing to pay. Keep in mind the folks who have chairback seats paid more than a few thousand dollars per seat before buying season tickets. Paying a premium for a chairback still will save money for the fan who attends a few games each year.

Reactions: Maroon13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The issue with StubHub - due to IRS guidance last year - once the sales from your account shows you’ve sold over 600$, you get a 1099 for taxes -

Just a hassle for trying to go that route

We made one series last year- I have two that play that were chasing playing school, travel ball and summer ball

every year until this year, I received a phone call to renew and renewed over the phone. This year no call about renewal. I guess they could have emailed about it.
Anyway, we chose not to renew and use that 2k on our boys’ baseball expenses.
So…..you don’t want to sell your tickets because you may have to pay taxes on your income. Alright.

• Haha
Reactions: TrueMaroonGrind

pcdog2017

Aug 18, 2019
If there were more of a berm available or some sub set of GA seating, most would likely not be upset. The berms are tiny and fill up as soon as the gates open. Outside of designated seats there may be room for 1000 people to sit on the berms. Say what you want but this is the reason we’ve gone from 14,000+ attendance to 11,000 on a good day.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Two years ago during the super, the wife (no pics) and I mistakenly sat in chair backs in the wrong section, when we figured it out and started to move, those around us told us not to move as vet (the smart kind, not the dumb kind like me) from South MS and her husband own those seats and they never come to a game, give tics away or sell the seats.

There is! Are you dumb?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login