How does one get chairbacks to baseball games?

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
When a third of the chairbacks aren't being used and are being shown empty on the broadcast, meanwhile the berms are packed to the gills and families with small kids are standing in the concourse area trying to watch the game, I call that a problem. There needs to be some way for the blue hairs that have season tix that want to skip a game or a series to EASILY sell or donate them . I've done the GA thing, and I loathe it. Sitting in your own chair in the berm ain't bad, but only if you're lined up hours early to land rush a spot. My wife and kid aren't doing that, and I'm not about to ditch them elsewhere on campus while I do it. Whatever face value is for a chairback, I'll pay it for the 3-4 series we can make it to each year...if only I could find a way to contact the 1500 people that have them that aren't freaking using them.
We have all this technology in the palms of our hands, yet often do things based on flip phone technology.

I know there is a ticket exchange system where ticket holder places tickets on the website, but again the ticket holder has to announce the availability of tickets. It’s got to be an easier way.

Here’s my idea: When the QR code is scanned on a ticket it puts a rating system on that tickets holders account.

After a season’s worth of data is created then the attendance percentage can be calculated. Percentages below 50% get put on QR code list where an interested person can contact that ticket holder directly and ask about buying/ using tickets for that particular game. This could be done with all tickets for all sports. Could even make it only accessible to Bulldog Club members to keep other teams fans out if that was a problem.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Again hyperbole with you. Nobody expects it to be all GA. They went from having chair back season tickets and bleacher seating to having chair backs with an even crazier commitment and the. SRO or sit in the grass if you get there earlier enough. They took out seats for the average fan and replaced it with grass to make themselves feel better about themselves. there is always an in between but the ******** in our fan base like their exclusion and look down upon bleachers even though it is in tons of major league parks. Because they think their **** don't stink. It's always the exaggerated hyperboles for arguments too and this or that but don't ever consider the in between.

you can keep saying won't lose fans. But generations don't grow up going to the park because now their parents won't take them to go stand for 3 hours or sit in the dirt for 3 hours. They will grow up doing something else. Hell it's easier for me to go to Houston and catch astros games and have better seats for better prices than I get for going to state games now. So maybe I'll just do that instead with my available weekends. Hell I could go to red stick or Tulane every weekend cheaper than I can go Starkville. Seems like their programs are doing better than ours right because they have kicked our asses a lot lately. Seems like they care less about how fancy their stadium is and just play fuckinng baseball
It's because there is high demand. It is what it is. If we expanded the stadium, it would be for season ticket holders.

The commitment for "average fan seating" matches the commitment from the average fan. You said it yourself, you don't even want to come anymore. Why would the university care about accommodating you? You (and all the others who think like you) are so blind to this it's just funny at this point.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
We have all this technology in the palms of our hands, yet often do things based on flip phone technology.

I know there is a ticket exchange system where ticket holder places tickets on the website, but again the ticket holder has to announce the availability of tickets. It’s got to be an easier way.

Here’s my idea: When the QR code is scanned on a ticket it puts a rating system on that tickets holders account.

After a season’s worth of data is created then the attendance percentage can be calculated. Percentages below 50% get put on QR code list where an interested person can contact that ticket holder directly and ask about buying/ using tickets for that particular game. This could be done with all tickets for all sports. Could even make it only accessible to Bulldog Club members to keep other teams fans out if that was a problem.
You'd do better to reward ticket holders whose tickets get used. Give them extra BC points if above a certain percentage, then increase it for every percent above that.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
So…..you don’t want to sell your tickets because you may have to pay taxes on your income. Alright.
I don’t mind paying taxes - it’s what is the incremental time, hassle, & costs vs the benefit - if the benefit is less than how I value those things, I may choose to pass on doing it - last year that was the case so instead, I just gave them to folks that asked about them at no cost. Some ended up paying me anyway

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t mind paying taxes - it’s what is the incremental time, hassle, & costs vs the benefit - if the benefit is less than how I value those things, I may choose to pass on doing it - last year that was the case so instead, I just gave them to folks that asked about them at no cost. Some ended up paying me anyway
That's certainly fine.

But StubHub is basically one of the main ticket exchanges out there. It's just how things are done. If it's a pain in the ***, then the whole thing is just a pain in the ***.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
There is a process. Now I did connect with the ticket owners in a Facebook msu ticket exchange. But he sent me the tickets via dog tag.
I do the same, but some process where season ticket holds receive an email the morning before game day (or maybe the game day morning), that gives the season ticket holder the option to return the tickets (if not attending the game) and get some type of credit (be in monetary, bulldog club points or some combination therein). Then those wanting to buy tickets on short notice could login to their dogtag account and check for availability or tix could be sold at box office.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It's because there is high demand. It is what it is. If we expanded the stadium, it would be for season ticket holders.

The commitment for "average fan seating" matches the commitment from the average fan. You said it yourself, you don't even want to come anymore. Why would the university care about accommodating you? You (and all the others who think like you) are so blind to this it's just funny at this point.
You are the dumb one that can't understand why people are saying they don't want to come anymore. I can't help you you understand it at this point. You are just being a troll. You are usually on the wrong side of most arguments on here and then change your tune once it becomes more clear to you.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You are the dumb one that can't understand why people are saying they don't want to come anymore. I can't help you you understand it at this point. You are just being a troll. You are usually on the wrong side of most arguments on here and then change your tune once it becomes more clear to you.
You can't just "want to come" when you have a product this in-demand. Life doesn't work that way. You may can go and get a seat anytime at Louisiana Tech, but you can't do it at MSU. It's even hard to do it at Ole Miss out in the berms, you still have to get there early unless it's a weekday game. It was hard in the old stadium with the bleachers, our fans b1tch to high heaven about those. Now, you can literally stand anywhere, and ya'll b1tch about that too.

I know you're starting to go off the ledge because you've gone to the name-calling and "wrong side of most arguments" bullcrap.

At the end of the day, and I mean this as nicely as possible, it just ain't about you and the other 'lesser than average' fans.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

Get on the waiting list if you're not already on it.........If you are, tickets are easily obtained on stub hub.........That's the secondary market for season ticket holders who want to sell their tix.......Mid week tix are usually dirt cheap and if things keep going like they are, they'll all be cheap........Also, if you get a GA ticket, you can sit in any open chairback after the 3rd inning........If the owner shows up you of course have to move but I'd say those chances are unlikely that far into a game.........

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
There is! Are you dumb?
I don't have baseball season tickets, but as far as football season tickers are concerned, no there is not, not within the dogtag system. The tix have to be marketed outside of dogtag, via FB, word or mouth or message boards, then payment arranged, the complete the swap in dogtag. If could be much simpler if the whole process was in dogtag. Of course there is stubhub, but again extra steps and added fees.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't have baseball season tickets, but as far as football season tickers are concerned, no there is not, not within the dogtag system. The tix have to be marketed outside of dogtag, via FB, word or mouth or message boards, then payment arranged, the complete the swap in dogtag. If could be much simpler if the whole process was in dogtag. Of course there is stubhub, but again extra steps and added fees.
There is a reason there are extra steps and added fees in StubHub....it's because THEY DO THE WHOLE PROCESS FOR YOU! Do you expect the athletic department to do that for free? They'd have to get the software, manage it, etc. They would then have to pass that cost to us.

I can't believe how ignorant you guys are being about this, whether intentional or not.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
There is a reason there are extra steps and added fees in StubHub....it's because THEY DO THE WHOLE PROCESS FOR YOU! Do you expect the athletic department to do that for free? They'd have to get the software, manage it, etc. They would then have to pass that cost to us.

I can't believe how ignorant you guys are being about this, whether intentional or not.
Brainiac, the stubhub process is obviously not working to a great extent - as there are tons of empty chair backs still, so certainly improvements need to be made. Are you retarded by the way?

It has to be made easy for the bluehairs, a simple email from the AD and the bluehair clicks yes or no to attending the game that day. Bluehairs are going to be less likely to fool with all the other steps,

Last edited:
Reactions: NukeDogg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Brainiac, the stubhub process is obviously not working to a great extent - as there are tons of empty chair backs still, so certainly improvements need to be made. Or you retarded by the way?
You cannot tell season ticket holders what to do with their own tickets. But there is literally no other way to do this, unless someone somewhere provides a free service, and that ain't happening, at least where it's commonplace.

MSU baseball is stuck in an area where it's not expensive enough to incentivize sellers to use a service, and not cheap enough to incentivize buyers to use a service. It is what it is. StubHub works, it's just whether or not you want to pay for it.

A season ticket holder is completely within their right to show up whenever they want. And people will say, bUtS wE uSeD tIcKeT eXcHaNgE iN oMaHaZzz!!11 Well, those tickets are a lot more expensive and in demand and you don't notice the fees as much.

It's pretty cut and dried here. Lesser than average fan doesn't have much of an argument.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You cannot tell season ticket holders what to do with their own tickets. But there is literally no other way to do this, unless someone somewhere provides a free service, and that ain't happening, at least where it's commonplace.

MSU baseball is stuck in an area where it's not expensive enough to incentivize sellers to use a service, and not cheap enough to incentivize buyers to use a service. It is what it is. StubHub works, it's just whether or not you want to pay for it.

A season ticket holder is completely within their right to show up whenever they want. And people will say, bUtS wE uSeD tIcKeT eXcHaNgE iN oMaHaZzz!!11 Well, those tickets are a lot more expensive and in demand and you don't notice the fees as much.

It's pretty cut and dried here. Lesser than average fan doesn't have much of an argument.
Not telling them, giving the option of responding (with a link) that they will not attend that event and some type of credit going to their dogtag account.

Obviously not everyone would participate, but some would and it would get more butts in chair backs. There's is no "one size fits all" solution for anything, but an email from the AD (the day before the event) giving a season ticket an opportunity to return his/her tickets (with some type of incentive), would be something we could pull off without much cost.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
THE PROBLEM WITH STUBHUB TICKETS COMES DOWN TO “WILLING TO PAY.” I have a GA and sit on the Berm, but State does a disservice to its on fans by taking the easy route of going exclusively with a ‘rip off’ service like STUBHUB.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You cannot tell season ticket holders what to do with their own tickets.
These people that say "make them give up their seats" are the same people that get annoyed when the blue hairs tell them to sit down at football games and their reply is "I paid for my tickets and will stand the whole game if I want to!"

Reactions: MSUDOG24

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
You pay for the seats and you buy season tickets every year-like I’ve done since the 1980’s. People were given the opportunity to pony up for a 10-year commitment when the stadium was expanded, twice. If you didn’t commit, you didn’t get the seats. It shouldn’t be that difficult to understand. You simply had to make the commitment. It’s not that hard. If you didn’t want to make the commitment to buy the seats and to buy the tickets for 10 years, you shouldn’t be surprised. This is simply a case of supply and demand.
I think you can answer his question without lecturing him about why he doesn't have access to the seats or humbebragging about how much better of a fan you are than everyone else. Just a thought.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Not telling them, giving the option of responding (with a link) that they will not attend that event and some type of credit going to their dogtag account.

Obviously not everyone would participate, but some would and it would get more butts in chair backs. There's is no "one size fits all" solution for anything, but an email from the AD (the day before the event) giving a season ticket an opportunity to return his/her tickets (with some type of incentive), would be something we could pull off without much cost.
THE PROBLEM WITH STUBHUB TICKETS COMES DOWN TO “WILLING TO PAY.” I have a GA and sit on the Berm, but State does a disservice to its on fans by taking the easy route of going exclusively with a ‘rip off’ service like STUBHUB.
These are fair points. I'd love to see something like this, but I'm not going to dog the athletic administration (or our season ticket holding fans) for not doing it. That's the difference.

College baseball is just in a weird spot. It's the same at Arkansas, Ole Miss and LSU too. Finding GA seating, and a free ticket exchange, poses a big problem. I mean think about it, theoretically we DO have GA seating, it just fills up. Same as the old stadium with the bleachers. So that is unfixable. A free ticket exchange is more likely, but still incredibly difficult. If it was easy, it would have been done by Cohen - because he understood the problem.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Tickets for chairback seats run from $36 to $112 per ticket on STUBHUB for this weekend.’ That is insane for the fan who wants to take his kids to the game.

It bothers me that the students at State can bring their chair or stand in the outer ring of the stadium in that area reserved for them, a ‘Nico shot’ from home plate. This is a Cigar Boys f**k up of the highest order.

Reactions: msdawg90

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
There’s a lot of this exclusivity mindset in our baseball fanbase.(that wasn’t me coming up with a word like exclusivity, that was predictive text).
This is really the case with a large majority of fans with spots in the outfield. They think because their mamaw was a janitor in Lee Hall back in 1980 and got an outfield spot for $5 a year they are better than all of the peasants without a spot. This mindset of course excludes visiting fanbases. They will run over 20 of our fans to invite an opposing fan onto their rig.

This is not all outfield fans but a large majority. I have access to a few spots in the outfield, and I’ve seen this play out time over time with our fan base.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
These are fair points. I'd love to see something like this, but I'm not going to dog the athletic administration (or our season ticket holding fans) for not doing it. That's the difference.

College baseball is just in a weird spot. It's the same at Arkansas, Ole Miss and LSU too. Finding GA seating, and a free ticket exchange, poses a big problem. I mean think about it, theoretically we DO have GA seating, it just fills up. Same as the old stadium with the bleachers. So that is unfixable. A free ticket exchange is more likely, but still incredibly difficult. If it was easy, it would have been done by Cohen - because he understood the problem.
Maybe the AD will implement some new ideas/processes. Cohen's strong suits were not "Game Day Experience" or Marketing. We have to make it easy for the blue hairs to turn their tickets, most aren't worried about the money, so a simple one step process for them to return a ticket (if they want to) is needed.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Tickets for chairback seats run from $36 to $112 per ticket on STUBHUB for this weekend.’ That is insane for the fan who wants to take his kids to the game.

It bothers me that the students at State can bring their chair or stand in the outer ring of the stadium in that area reserved for them, a ‘Nico shot’ from home plate. This is a Cigar Boys f**k up of the highest order.
State lost its grass roots feel a long time ago. It became worse with the new park. It's now a social elites club or they think it is anyway. A lot has changed about what made Dudy Noble cool and fun and packed crowds on weekends. They forgot what started the lounge. They forgot what grew the fan base to having records for crowds. Now unless you got a **** ton of money to throw at baseball you can go elsewhere or if you come with your family you will be sitting in the grass or walking around the whole time. No thanks can go to mlb games easier and cheaper. I could easily go to watch lsu every weekend cheaper easier and have a seat. It's not just supply and demand they decreased seating capacity at the new dude and took away the cheaper seating for asthetics because they don't give a flying **** about the part of the fan base that sat there for games even though that's how a majority of state fans grew up watching. The ones that spent their vacation money and time driving to Omaha to watch them play. There are many more out there than the 8k chair back seats that are sold every year. There are thousands that showed up to Omaha and thousands that showed up to sit in those bleachers. But now they don't come because they aren't gonna drive for 2-3 hours to sit in the grass or walk around the whole time. I'm a lot more selective now about the weekends I choose to come because if I'm paying 70 a seat like a football game then I'm only gonna come about 4 - 5 games like football. If I was only paying 15 a seat like I used to I would be more willing to come almost every series and get a hotel. Hotels gas groceries everything is expensive as hell. I foresee demand going away from state baseball. Not because they aren't good but because it's a pain in the *** the go for people who don't buy season tickets snd those that do barely show. People will spend their money else where. College sports is getting to a breaking point of people saying no thanks. Nil, money for seats, money to go to games like travel and hotel. It's just dumb. It's become pro sports but the product is worse. If I'm paying that kind of money I want to watch a better product.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007

Don’t forget the wonderful Stubhub fees though, if you go all the way to the final purchase screen, those $36 seats are actually $48. And Saturday has zero seats available if a family of four wants seats together.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
State lost its grass roots feel a long time ago. It became worse with the new park. It's now a social elites club or they think it is anyway. A lot has changed about what made Dudy Noble cool and fun and packed crowds on weekends. They forgot what started the lounge. They forgot what grew the fan base to having records for crowds. Now unless you got a **** ton of money to throw at baseball you can go elsewhere or if you come with your family you will be sitting in the grass or walking around the whole time. No thanks can go to mlb games easier and cheaper.
That's the way of the world, when you're a winning program. Ask Alabama football fans.

I could easily go to watch lsu every weekend cheaper easier and have a seat. It's not just supply and demand they decreased seating capacity at the new dude and took away the cheaper seating for asthetics because they don't give a flying **** about the part of the fan base that sat there for games even though that's how a majority of state fans grew up watching. The ones that spent their vacation money and time driving to Omaha to watch them play. There are many more out there than the 8k chair back seats that are sold every year. There are thousands that showed up to Omaha and thousands that showed up to sit in those bleachers. But now they don't come because they aren't gonna drive for 2-3 hours to sit in the grass or walk around the whole time.
You can go sit in their crappy bleachers? Be my guest. You can also sit on our berms, or stand. No matter what, GA seating is crappy and crowded, everywhere.

I'm a lot more selective now about the weekends I choose to come because if I'm paying 70 a seat like a football game then I'm only gonna come about 4 - 5 games like football. If I was only paying 15 a seat like I used to I would be more willing to come almost every series and get a hotel. Hotels gas groceries everything is expensive as hell. I foresee demand going away from state baseball. Not because they aren't good but because it's a pain in the *** the go for people who don't buy season tickets snd those that do barely show. People will spend their money else where. College sports is getting to a breaking point of people saying no thanks. Nil, money for seats, money to go to games like travel and hotel. It's just dumb. It's become pro sports but the product is worse. If I'm paying that kind of money I want to watch a better product.
That's a college sports problem, not an MSU baseball problem.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021

Good point about the face value of BB tickets and you can say the same about BKB. Just not worth fooling with.

Obviously this has been a never ending argument with no real solution other than a bunch of people should do a bunch of stuff they have no incentive to do. I will say BB is unique because all seating is truly sold out and even has a waiting list but we don't need to add a single additional seat. I've been to nearly every game for the past 5 years and there are seats galore for 50%+ of them and "numerous" for all but SBW and super regionals. Just designate "opening seating" games and tell the ushers after a couple of innings to stop checking tickets. If you don't want to lose "season GA" sales (BTW, what is the incentive for buying those?) put a mark on the season GA tickets as a perk that allows that access during those games. All preseason, mid week and most Sunday games and looking at the schedule this year, certainly USC and might even say all other games except SBW. Certainly might be flaws in all of that but to add more seating while half the stadium is empty 80% of the time and someone just wants to go sit down is a ridiculous waste of money and/or use of what we already have.

As a BKB aside, first time I've ever heard "come find a seat in the lower bowl" at an SEC game during the last WBB AL game so maybe the ADept is loosening some of that stuff up.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Good point about the face value of BB tickets and you can say the same about BKB. Just not worth fooling with.

Obviously this has been a never ending argument with no real solution other than a bunch of people should do a bunch of stuff they have no incentive to do. I will say BB is unique because all seating is truly sold out and even has a waiting list but we don't need to add a single additional seat. I've been to nearly every game for the past 5 years and there are seats galore for 50%+ of them and "numerous" for all but SBW and super regionals. Just designate "opening seating" games and tell the ushers after a couple of innings to stop checking tickets. If you don't want to lose "season GA" sales (BTW, what is the incentive for buying those?) put a mark on the season GA tickets as a perk that allows that access during those games. All preseason, mid week and most Sunday games and looking at the schedule this year, certainly USC and might even say all other games except SBW. Certainly might be flaws in all of that but to add more seating while half the stadium is empty 80% of the time and someone just wants to go sit down is a ridiculous waste of money and/or use of what we already have.

As a BKB aside, first time I've ever heard "come find a seat in the lower bowl" at an SEC game during the last WBB AL game so maybe the ADept is loosening some of that stuff up.
Surely we aren't the only school that has this issue? I think the main part for us is that the LFL takes up the whole outfield, where Ole Miss, Arkansas and LSU can all or a portion of their outfield as GA. At Arkansas, they have a few bleachers and a big hill. Ole Miss has the terracing. LSU has a 2 sets of bleachers. Looking at Google Earth, I doubt Texas has any GA. Who knows what say a Southern Miss does.

I know a lot of schools that have a smaller fanbase, like Louisville, used to simply have nothing but free GA seating. That has changed recently, as demand has gone up.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

"If you don't want to lose "season GA" sales (BTW, what is the incentive for buying those?"

The reason for those in my case is to get me in the stadium in addition to the $2,000 it costs me for the LFL box.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Y’all keep talking about this ‘average fan’ and have been the last 15 years. The true average fan buys season tickets.

You clowns that want to come to 3-4 series want to have your cake and eat it too. That crap doesn’t fly for Alabama football because those tickets are in demand, just like our baseball tickets.

If you want to pick and choose games, become a fan of another team with less fan following.

And just FYI, I didn’t buy season tickets either. But I also don’t b1tch. I buy GA tickets and do what I have to do when I want to come.

Y’all seriously need to get over this. Y’all aren’t the average fan. Y’all are acting like the real spoiled brats. The mindset that you should ‘enjoy MSU baseball’ for the same price as a season ticket holder is just unfathomable to me.
This has to be the dumbest, most short sighted response I've ever heard. Sure, the University should always make it a complete priority to cater to the season tickets holders who pony up the money for a 10 year commitment. That's a no brainer. But there HAS to be some type of commitment to growing the baseball fan base without forcing people to stand the entire game or get there early enough to luck into a spot on one of the berms (with limited space). You have to please both sides here and it was possible. I have season tickets so I'm fine, but unlike you I use my brain when thinking about the best things for our fan base and school.

Cohen was short sighted when he built the stadium, and there's no logical way to argue that. He is alienating an entire segment of our fan base by the exclusivity of our new baseball stadium. Sure, its great and all but you HAVE to find a way to please both sides of our fanbase. Why can't we go ahead and announce that we are adding seats to each side of the stadium? We know there's room and asses to fill seats so let's do it.

Aug 23, 2012
So…..you don’t want to sell your tickets because you may have to pay taxes on your income. Alright.
Where is the income? The Tickets cost the seller; $805 for two season tickets plus the license fee over 10 years. The IRS taxes you from $1 not from the cost of the seller

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Y’all seriously need to get over this. Y’all aren’t the average fan. Y’all are acting like the real spoiled brats. The mindset that you should ‘enjoy MSU baseball’ for the same price as a season ticket holder is just unfathomable to me.

The average fan of msu baseball looks like an empty seat, game after game after game.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Where is the income? The Tickets cost the seller; $805 for two season tickets plus the license fee over 10 years. The IRS taxes you from $1 not from the cost of the seller
I received one for my Saints tickets. They only report the ‘sale’ cost to IRS, so even though I had zero profit when you factor in the purchase cost, its an extra form now to fill out, and I have to go back and find invoices to calculate it myself. It’s basically one more pointless hurdle that was meant for ticket brokers, but will keep old folks from listing their tickets because they won’t want to bother with it.

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
What I don’t understand is why so few people list them on StubHub. If they’re not being used, why not even attempt to sell them? Just like lower level basketball tickets. Empty seats and nothing available to buy

I assume the majority of the ticket holders don't believe in the internet.

That, and it's comfortable to have the option of giving the tickets away a series at a time.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
You pay for the seats and you buy season tickets every year-like I’ve done since the 1980’s. People were given the opportunity to pony up for a 10-year commitment when the stadium was expanded, twice. If you didn’t commit, you didn’t get the seats. It shouldn’t be that difficult to understand. You simply had to make the commitment. It’s not that hard. If you didn’t want to make the commitment to buy the seats and to buy the tickets for 10 years, you shouldn’t be surprised. This is simply a case of supply and demand.
There is a little truth to this statement. The problem is people that have had season tickets since the 80’s that now don’t go to games and either don’t know how or choose not to sell their tickets away. Most of the fan base that would like to go to baseball games can’t afford to get high enough in the BC to get access to chairback season tickets. It is virtually impossible for new fans to get tickets. Nobody over the age of 35 wants to go to 4+ series and have to stand all game or get there 3 hours early and fight for a berm spot. There needs to be a system in place to get empty “legacy fan” chair backs to people that will actually go to games.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Brainiac, the stubhub process is obviously not working to a great extent - as there are tons of empty chair backs still, so certainly improvements need to be made. Or you retarded by the way?

It has to be made easy for the bluehairs, a simple email from the AD and the bluehair clicks yes or no to attending the game that day. Bluehairs are going to be less likely to fool with all the other steps,
At least we blue hairs thought far enough ahead to pay the reservation fees for chairbacks so at least we’ve got that much going for us. 😉

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Same energy:

1677354213100.gif

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
At least we blue hairs thought far enough ahead to pay the reservation fees for chairbacks so at least we’ve got that much going for us. 😉
I appreciate the bluehairs and the commitment they made. I just want to make it easier for them to get tickets into the hands of other fans for the games they (bluehairs) don't want to attend. We need a very simple process, like an email to the season ticketholder that reads, "Dear Bluehair, if you will not use your tickets for tomorrow's game, please click here." The tickets go back to the AD and other dogtag account holders can buy them. This would take minimum effort of the Bluehair, plus keep them off StubHub where opposing fans can buy them. I'm sure we have a contract with StubHub, so we can work on this process while waiting don't the contract to expire.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
There is a little truth to this statement. The problem is people that have had season tickets since the 80’s that now don’t go to games and either don’t know how or choose not to sell their tickets away. Most of the fan base that would like to go to baseball games can’t afford to get high enough in the BC to get access to chairback season tickets. It is virtually impossible for new fans to get tickets. Nobody over the age of 35 wants to go to 4+ series and have to stand all game or get there 3 hours early and fight for a berm spot. There needs to be a system in place to get empty “legacy fan” chair backs to people that will actually go to games.
This isn’t 2006. There weren’t many open chair backs this weekend.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login