How does somebody get that open with...

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
.5 seconds left? wow....at least he missed the shot....22-9...3 game sweep of the Tide.

ArrowDawg

Oct 10, 2006
Better question is how does he even get the shot off before the buzzer? I call ******** on that, even though the point is moot now.

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
...I imagine they'd see it wouldn't have counted. He clearly released it after the buzzer (from my view on my living room sofa).

Badon

Jun 12, 2006
in bounds. That was a long shot from the wing.

Of course, I thought it was drained.

TheCosmoKramer

Feb 25, 2008
It was close, but I don't think he quite got the shot off anyway. And, he was quite close to stepping out of bounds,

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
In the play that led up to that, when the Bama player drove baseline before Varnado blocked his shot, I could have sworn half his foot was out of bounds at one point before going up for the shot. Anybody else see the same?

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
They missed numerous calls on both sides. Rhodes travelling after the delay. Not calling the Barry foul at the end of regulation. Not calling Bama out of bounds. Calling cheap handcheck fouls in crunch time. Calling Rhodes for travelling in a loose ball situation. How do you travel without possession of the ball? Terrible officiating both ways.</p>

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
I'm convinced the referee blew his whistle with the intent to call a foul on Rhodes. But then he thought better of it, so made up a travel instead.

Then later in the game, a Bama player fell to the ground and actually travelled (like Rhodes supposedly did) but nothing was called.

They were terrible.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
The ref replayed what he just saw and decided he'd get lynched if he called a foul on Rhodes but instantly realized Rhodes being on his butt would bail him out with a travel call. 3 of us said the same thing immediately when it happened.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login