How hip is the Pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Can you define the word Cishet?

I was reading an Athletic article on the SDSU/Bill's punter rape allegations and in the comments section I saw the line ... "as a cishet woman" and honestly thought it was a religion/group/ cult I'd never heard of that must have some "unique view" on rape/gang rape. Quick use of the Google machine let me know she was simply letting us all know that 1) she was a person with female parts and was cool with it 2) if she were to have sex it would be with person containing male parts. While gay or straight used to suffice it makes sense that you now must first clarify what direction you're coming from (no pun intended) and thus we now have Cishet. I have to admit it is an efficient way to describe all of that and you do indeed learn something new everyday.

Merry football season to us all, we're off and running with a little Peay and Western KY!

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Most of us are so old we don’t like thinking about our hips.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Oh, so Cisgender and Hetero combined?

Interesting. Haven't heard it and can't say I will say it anytime soon. I struggle to say the whole 'my pronouns are he, him, his' on Teams calls without sounding goofy.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
There’s got to be a point where the 99% of us who aren’t psychopaths just start interrupting folks using this made up language and say “that’s cool and all, but nobody gives a 17 about your pronouns or who you 17, just make your point”

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Can you define the word Cishet?

I saw the line ... "as a cishet woman" and honestly thought it was a religion/group/ cult I'd never heard of that must have some "unique view" on rape/gang rape."

Correct

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
There’s got to be a point where the 99% of us who aren’t psychopaths just start interrupting folks using this made up language and say “that’s cool and all, but nobody gives a 17 about your pronouns or who you 17, just make your point”

I hit the "17 your pronouns" button a good while back...

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Seriously? You have to say that? You desperately need to get another job.

Do you really say that on a Teams call?

To lead off with that, even though no one else on the meeting has ever brought it up.

I say it rarely, but yes I do have to sometimes say it. I've said it probably 5 times in the last 8 months. 3 times in person during interviews where I was on the panel and a couple times on teams calls.

I've never initiated it because I don't really care to. I have followed the lead of my director each time they initiated it during introductions because they are trans. It's a simple level set for all involved.
I have managed to not put it on my email signature and intend to keep that going.

I left a fortune 200 account management job that I had for nearly 18 years and this new job is comparatively awesome. Me saying 'he, him, his' every now and then in order to allow someone else to feel properly recognized isn't tough, even if I feel goofy saying it.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I say it rarely, but yes I do have to sometimes say it. I've said it probably 5 times in the last 8 months. 3 times in person during interviews where I was on the panel and a couple times on teams calls.

I've never initiated it because I don't really care to. I have followed the lead of my director each time they initiated it during introductions because they are trans. It's a simple level set for all involved.
I have managed to not put it on my email signature and intend to keep that going.

I left a fortune 200 account management job that I had for nearly 18 years and this new job is comparatively awesome. Me saying 'he, him, his' every now and then in order to allow someone else to feel properly recognized isn't tough, even if I feel goofy saying it.

It’s not a big deal to go along but it’s just so stupid and tiresome. Pronouns are a function of the English language and nobody ‘has pronouns’. If you have a penis the proper way for someone to use a pronoun in reference to you is he/him/his. Doesn’t change whatever gender you want to be anymore than ‘el’ or ‘la’ makes an object have a penis or ****** when speaking Spanish. It’s just a spoiled and entitled view to think a language has to be restructured for you.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'm old enough to remember when in a meeting what somebody identifies as had no relevancy to that meeting, nobody gave a damn and it was nobody's business

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
It’s just a spoiled and entitled view to think a language has to be restructured for you.
You've hit the reasoning right here. That, and the chance to get something for free by playing the card.

The useful idiots like glfr are just that....idiots. It makes them feel good and they get to strike back at the 'man' who bullied them most likely.

I wouldn't even know what to say. How about, "Good morning, my name is Bob"? Makes me think that glfr's job definitely wasn't considered essential in March 2020.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Me saying 'he, him, his' every now and then in order to allow someone else to feel properly recognized isn't tough, even if I feel goofy saying it.
There's your issue right there. I bet you don't even begin to comprehend the issue either.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It’s not a big deal to go along but it’s just so stupid and tiresome. Pronouns are a function of the English language and nobody ‘has pronouns’. If you have a penis the proper way for someone to use a pronoun in reference to you is he/him/his. Doesn’t change whatever gender you want to be anymore than ‘el’ or ‘la’ makes an object have a penis or ****** when speaking Spanish. It’s just a spoiled and entitled view to think a language has to be restructured for you.

You are correct, it isnt a big deal to participate in this when introductions are made in a meeting.
Since it isn't a big deal, as you said, I do it.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
You've hit the reasoning right here. That, and the chance to get something for free by playing the card.

The useful idiots like glfr are just that....idiots. It makes them feel good and they get to strike back at the 'man' who bullied them most likely.

I wouldn't even know what to say. How about, "Good morning, my name is Bob"? Makes me think that glfr's job definitely wasn't considered essential in March 2020.

I have decided that if I ever meet a transgender I will refer to them how they present themselves. I am a southerner. To do otherwise would be rude. And God forbid my Granna up in heaven would ever look down and see me be deliberately rude.

However I draw the line at including "my" pronouns in my email signature. If I get an email from somebody about a job opening and they do that, they are not getting hired. I want normal people working with me. Not pissy liberals. And if somehow I am ever pushed to name my pronouns I will reply you may refer to me has His Emminance or His Grace. My close friends also address me as Muadib.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
But will you say it if required or to distinguish yourself from the unwashed, immoral rabble unfamiliar with the linguistic innovations from Gender Theory (or ***** Theory, or social justice theory--it's really just a bunch of lefty theories that draw off of each other). "You struggle to say" means you do say them, without really wanting to, but you do. Feel some pressure to do so? Not attacking you, we all have jobs and families. I get it. I know liberals who think the social justice left has some crazy people but admit that only privately.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
There's your issue right there. I bet you don't even begin to comprehend the issue either.

I just don't care enough to complain and declare its an issue that someone feels better knowing others know how they identify.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Wait, who am I striking back against? Why is not caring and being comfortable with respecting that someone wants to make sure everyone knows their identity mean I was bullied as a kid?

I would laugh at anyone who walked into a client meeting and called someone on the other side of the table out for saying their pronouns. Cut that nose off to spite your face.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I'm old enough to remember when in a meeting what somebody identifies as had no relevancy to that meeting, nobody gave a damn and it was nobody's business

I too am old enough.
This is how it is 97% of the time for me. I had 3 meetings on Friday and nobody said **** about their gender or identity and that is the norm still.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
This is how you “identify” as an enabler…

I just don't care enough to complain and declare its an issue that someone feels better knowing others know how they identify.

….without indentifying as an enabler.

You’re one consistent son of a *****, I’ll give you that.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
"Me saying 'he, him, his' every now and then in order to allow someone else to feel properly recognized isn't tough, even if I feel goofy saying it."

Luckily, I don't have to succumb to social pressure. People do what they have to in the corporate world and right now the corporate world has embraced some social justice slogans. I don't know if it will become mandatory or not. I'll call a transperson by their preferred pronouns, well the normal pronouns and not the bizarre **** such as zir some genderqueer (whatever that really is) peeps like. Doesn't mean I think a transwoman is actually a woman, I don't, but they might think they are so I don't really care (kinda like your view but not quite the same). Let them live as women even though I don't think they should count as women for things such as sports and prisons. (BTW, I don't give damn about women's sports so maybe transwomen might make some women's sports actually watchable.) It's interesting how some are required to accept what an incredibly small segment of society says and how doing so is the morally right thing to do ("in order to allow someone else to feel properly recognized"). "Properly" and "recognized" are doing some work here. Again, not criticizing you, do what you want or what you need to for your job. Just noticing. Nothing wrong with keeping the peace at work and as I said, I play along to some extent. I'm just wondering if one day we'll all be forced to accept this and make sure everyone, no matter how they identify, feels properly recognized.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
As a left-handed, gender ***** asexual with a lisp who sports a pair of genderless harry bollocks, I find this disgusting cis-het ignorance of non-binary identities to be traumatizing. You need to take a women's studies or sociology course to educate yourself in all the new, universal truths that have been discovered. Heteronormativity is bigotry and oppression. Dismantle the gender binary. Go Dawgs. I'm ready for football. 8-4

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
BTW, how many people are really misgendered? I know several progressive white women who dress like white women and look like white women and yet have "she/her" in the email sigs. I'm like, no ****, did you think you looked like a man with all that cleavage and the lululemon mound and we might all be confused or uncertain without those pronouns? And transwomen who go by "she/her" wear the most stereotypical and traditional women's clothes. I guess the old notion that women can dress and do whatever they want no longer applies. Transwomen all dress like women and act stereotypically female. They reinforce stereotypes to some degree.

Last edited:

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Zero.

BTW, how many people are really misgendered? I know several progressive white women who dress like white women and look like white women and yet have "she/her" in the email sigs. I'm like, no ****, did you think you looked like a man and we might be confused or uncertain?

You’re born a male, a female, or BOTH in rare cases. You’re never born with the wrong genitalia. Period.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
This could be a teachable moment. Maybe a thread of pics on Cis-het Redhead Gals of the Big Ten would give everyone a better idea of what a cis-het woman looks like.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
If we can't define what a woman is, how can these gender morons state they are a woman? You hit the nail on the head in that they associate behavior, especially stereotypical behavior with gender. I thought a person with a penis can act however they want and a person with a ****** can act however they want. A ****** can like sports and penises. A penis can like to sew and knit and like vaginas. It is insane to think I act in this way that I think how women should act, so I am a woman. But as I said if you ask these folks to define a woman they refuse. They must have a definition in there somewhere.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Tell me you’re trolling without telling me you’re trolling. You knew when you said it, it would get a rise out of people.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Tell me you’re trolling without telling me you’re trolling. You knew when you said it, it would get a rise out of people.

I didn't realize it was so controversial to say or hear someone say pronouns.
As I said in my first post, I haven't heard the original term mentioned in the thread and quite jonestly it took me a minute to even sound out the 'word'.

Really wasn't trying to trigger people here. I was saying I feel goofy saying pronouns so I definitely won't say 'cishet' soon. I first read it as 'cy-shet'.

This place is just so sensitive that even me posting that I don't know about the latest trend in personal identity ends up with people claiming that I am a bullied son of a ***** who enables and is a useful idiot. All because I was willing to say my pronouns in a handful of Teams and in-person meetings in the last 8 months.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
"You struggle to say" means you do say them, without really wanting to, but you do. Feel some pressure to do so? Not attacking you, we all have jobs and families. I get it. I know liberals who think the social justice left has some crazy people but admit that only privately.

Luckily, I don't have to succumb to social pressure.

No, I don't feel social pressure. I also don't feel professional pressure. Not everyone in my department says their pronouns. And as stated, I have done it only a handful of times in 8 months. The reason why I said I feel goofy saying it is because I so rarely say it. It doesn't roll off my tongue like it would if I said it frequently.
I also don't put anything on my signature about pronouns and feel no pressure to change.

Again, I have done it a handful of times because it's supportive in that specific meeting and is simply not a big deal to me.

In my prior career I had to change my signature every month or so. Sometimes it was a link that people could click to vote for my company in some stupid industry award recognition contest. Sometimes it was a recognition for us winning a meaningless industry polling contest.
Now THAT is something I felt pressured to do, since my manager GM and VP would point out if I hadn't complied with the latest dumb signature change.
This job though? Nope, I don't feel pressure to identify.

ETA- of course the social justice left has some crazies in it. I say that all the time in life. Most recently was last week while my wife was writing some legal policy and complaining that she can't use the word 'homeless' even though the legal bill she was interpreting has the word 'homeless' in the title. Apparently that term is no longer acceptable as it elicits stereotypes. We both were laughing at the absurdity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login