How in the hell has our women's basketball team won a game with

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Four of the starters only standing 5 foot six? I finally got a chance to watch them today and I can't believe that they have a winning record overall and a 500 record in the SEC with all the changes I've been through and the fact they only have seven players?

We got a couple of really good players on this team if we could get some players to go with them next year and a coach we could have another winning women's team. I'm not talking about national championship team right away but at least be back up in the top half of the SEC.

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007
The program should get a nice lift next season by just getting back the players sitting at the end of the bench every game: the two Carter's, the 3rd Hayes sister, Mia Moore and the Michigan State transfer. I believe Thompson and Farley are the only ones exhausting their eligibility this season.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That sounds great! This is first time I got to watch them play but they definitely could use a couple of forwards or a good center.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Four of the starters only standing 5 foot six? I finally got a chance to watch them today and I can't believe that they have a winning record overall and a 500 record in the SEC with all the changes I've been through and the fact they only have seven players?

We got a couple of really good players on this team if we could get some players to go with them next year and a coach we could have another winning women's team. I'm not talking about national championship team right away but at least be back up in the top half of the SEC.

Already got a coach. We need to keep him permanently.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
They may not win this game just because of depth but they play incredibly hard. Lots of hustle plays.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They may not win this game just because of depth but they play incredibly hard. Lots of hustle plays.

I'm proud of the way they have dealt with the adversity and defections from the players and losing their coach due to health reasons right at the beginning of the season. They are playing so hard the men's disaster should take notes on how to play team ball and trust and rely on your teammates

They aren't going to get any post season awards just for playing hard and sticking together with only 7 players but they should.

Feb 23, 2008
We have a coach now. Unfortunately it makes too much sense to keep him.

Rosie claims there’s concern over Novak not having recruiting connections. Obviously that’s the most water toting quote you’ll ever hear but regardless, if true then Cohen needs to be relieved of his duties immediately.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Rosie claims there’s concern over Novak not having recruiting connections. Obviously that’s the most water toting quote you’ll ever hear but regardless, if true then Cohen needs to be relieved of his duties immediately.

He doesn’t. And he’s not a women’s coach. Giving him the job is the equivalent of the MSU way of fans wanting to give every coach a lifetime job.

Commend him for a job well done and make a real hire.

Feb 23, 2008
Ok fair enough. Now provide some names that will do better. Real names detailing specific strengths. And you might want to consider we're not UCONN. No sitting coach will make a lateral move to come here.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Ok fair enough. Now provide some names that will do better. Real names detailing specific strengths. And you might want to consider we're not UCONN. No sitting coach will make a lateral move to come here.

Not my job hoss. Just like it’s not your job to hand the job to someone.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
He doesn’t. And he’s not a women’s coach. Giving him the job is the equivalent of the MSU way of fans wanting to give every coach a lifetime job.

Commend him for a job well done - and give him a 3-year contract. Who said anything about giving him, or anybody, a lifetime contract? That's what Aubies do. And who said the man is not a women's coach? He sure has convinced me otherwise, hoss.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

He is a women's coach right now and doing a darn good job. Pretty obvious if you just give him some basketball players he can coach them. Quite a contrast to what is going on with our men's team.

Last edited:

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
I’ll admit when I’m wrong. And I was.
Cohen is the reason Vic Shaffer isn’t the women’s basketball coach at Mississippi State right now!
I’ll leave it at that at this point.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004

He’s playing 6 players and winning because he’s damn good with Xs and Os. Does he really need immediate recruiting connections?

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
We haven't beaten Bama in football in 15 years and y'all wanna spend north of $3 mill a year on women's shotty hoops and when we don't you blame Cohen. All while we currently are baseball national champs. Wth

patdog

May 28, 2007
If the rumors are true (and I think they probably are), Cohen did the right thing. He had no choice.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
We haven't beaten Bama in football in 15 years and y'all wanna spend north of $3 mill a year on women's shotty hoops and when we don't you blame Cohen. All while we currently are baseball national champs. Wth

I'm personally fine to spend conservatively on WBB to put more towards football. Its one of the reasons I am good with keeping Novak since he has proved he can coach and would not require a big salary. However, we could totally scrap the WBB program and it still wouldn't make a dent in beating Bama as long as Saban is there. Not a lot of correlation there.

Last edited:

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Everyone that says this never backs up what they’re saying.
I’m paraphrasing but ..Cohen told Vic he needed to take care of certain perceived issue within the team.
Vic told Cohen he needed to take care of his own issues.
Pissed Vic off so he bolted rather quickly.
Even tho there are a few on here who know the story, I won’t go into any further detail.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Coach has done a good job with cards given. That I admire. If he can recruit or hire someone to recruit they should be in good hands.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login