How is NIL monies paid out?

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
I’m thinking we need a staff to budget and really plan our comp program out. RaRa aside, do we continue paying players even when they’re seniors/aren’t potentially impact players? Before I ever donated a cent I would like to see some transparency on how we are allocating these funds.

I think it would be a good idea to set it up similar to an executive compensation strategy. Example: the biggest lump sum or deal should be given to sign, with cliff payments paying out in year one and year two.

$750k total budget for a blue chip kid
$300k to sign a LOI
$100k payable during spring
$150k payable after the season and portal closes
$100k paying during second spring
Last payment to be made at the end of the season based on performance and other market options (player availability, etc)

Anyone know how it is currently set up or how it works? For example, all juniors that are not projected to go to the NFL should receive very little (if at all) cash so we could use it to incent unsigned prospects or players from the portal. Anyway, just between meetings at work but I’m sure Bracky has a strategy laid out.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I’m thinking we need a staff to budget and really plan our comp program out. RaRa aside, do we continue paying players even when they’re seniors/aren’t potentially impact players? Before I ever donated a cent I would like to see some transparency on how we are allocating these funds.

I think it would be a good idea to set it up similar to an executive compensation strategy. Example: the biggest lump sum or deal should be given to sign, with cliff payments paying out in year one and year two.

$300k to sign a LOI
Last payment to be made at the end of the season based on performance and other market options (player availability, etc)

Anyone know how it is currently set up or how it works? For example, all juniors that are not projected to go to the NFL should receive very little (if at all) cash so we could use it to incent unsigned prospects or players from the portal. Anyway, just between meetings at work but I’m sure Bracky has a strategy laid out.
The Bullldog Initiative is being handled really really well. I trust them immensely to do what they see fit.
If you want transparency though you can hang that up. The last thing we need to be doing is broadcasting payments or even account balance. That would be one way to handle this very poorly- like tweeting that you have $10 million raised.

If you give enough Im sure the BI would treat you to coffee and answer some specifics

FluorideDawg

Sep 29, 2022

patdog

May 28, 2007
Actually, no they can't. Instead of thinking maybe do a little research before you argue about something.

I know what the rules say. I also know they're not worth the paper they're written on (or the bytes of a computer file they're stored on).

Sep 15, 2009

$300k to sign a LOI

You will need at least a milly for a blue chip QB

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
The comp details above were an example as my post clearly stated. Sorry I don’t know the NIL market rate for some 17 year old kid from bum17 Louisiana.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
The Bullldog Initiative is being handled really really well. I trust them immensely to do what they see fit.
If you want transparency though you can hang that up. The last thing we need to be doing is broadcasting payments or even account balance. That would be one way to handle this very poorly- like tweeting that you have $10 million raised.

If you give enough Im sure the BI would treat you to coffee and answer some specifics
What if part of your $10 million is a line of credit?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login