How is this recruiting class holding up?

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
I know we got the DB from Miami in the portal, but have we lost any commits?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
No. Just added Evans, a real nice corner from Hollywood Florida. No defections so far and we are still looking good for Smith at safety. They have really added a lot to our defensive backfield both thru the portal and from high school. Need a few more additions to make this an outstanding class

Reactions: Chesusdog

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
No. Just added Evans, a real nice corner from Hollywood Florida. No defections so far and we are still looking good for Smith at safety. They have really added a lot to our defensive backfield both thru the portal and from high school. Need a few more additions to make this an outstanding class
Thanks for the update. I’ll hand it to you, you stay on top of recruiting pretty good. I appreciate it….I also just purchased a coffee mug with the same pic as your avatar on it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Doing pretty damn good in my opinion, especially now with Khamauri and Raydar. And a top-level QB who wants to lead.

Would be nice to add Dante Dowdell and Isaac Smith. We might have to get them out of the portal though, in a year or two.

It's now more important than ever to stay on the MS kids, now that we can still get them back.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I feel like we will get Smith. He is on campus almost every weekend. Dowdell would be awesome but I'm hearing nothing. They are working on a 4 star DL from Scooba Tech too

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
Doing pretty damn good in my opinion, especially now with Khamauri and Raydar. And a top-level QB who wants to lead.

Would be nice to add Dante Dowdell and Isaac Smith. We might have to get them out of the portal though, in a year or two.

It's now more important than ever to stay on the MS kids, now that we can still get them back.
The juco guys have always been important for MSU, but now I think more so. The first time transfer may be the most important part of any class from now on simply because they may be less likely to transfer again. Don’t know if the numbers back that up but it is how it would seem. (Not counting JTDaniels.)
I used to think that too many juco guys (players with just a couple years left) was not a good thing because of team chemistry and maybe not being as “bought in” as your high school guys, but things have changed with free agency.

Reactions: Joe Schmedlap

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I know we got the DB from Miami in the portal, but have we lost any commits?
24/7 has an article on this where they talked with every commit and they are all fine with Arnett taking over and the staff staying intact. Of course, we won't know anything until all the LOIs are signed and delivered just like every year.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
24/7 has an article on this where they talked with every commit and they are all fine with Arnett taking over and the staff staying intact. Of course, we won't know anything until all the LOIs are signed and delivered just like every year.
I could see us maybe losing an out-of-state WR or something, who might be coming here strictly for the Air Raid. Like that Creed Whittemore guy. But yeah in general I think 90% are good to go.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
Any info on the OMiss OL commit that visited last weekend??

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
All things considered it’s hard to complain. You worry about a mass exodus with a coaching change but I think we’ve gained several commits and not lost anybody to this point since last weekend.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Did you not see the speech Creed gave regarding Leach a couple days ago ? It was almost as good as Parson's speech. He isn't going anywhere

Reactions: mo7888

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm hoping we get Elijah Davis and Taderius Collins. A 91 and a 89 DL. Plus Smith and Dowdell....lol.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
Dowdell would make this class go from good to great IMO. We have a some real players, but a few typical projects sprinkled in there.

77Dog

Nov 27, 2022
Where’s the beef?? Are any big interior DL’s committed or close to being Dogs?

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
Coach Miller was in Nashville on Wednesday night having dinner with Joe Crocker and his fam. Say at the table next to me

yjnkdawg

Sep 6, 2013
Hopefully after the OC hire outside of current staff is made, after our bowl game, we can get a few WR's in the portal, like CML was recruting, prior to his death. There is too much uncertainty concerning our offense currently to be in the mix for any big time outside receivers right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
I feel like we will get Smith. He is on campus almost every weekend. Dowdell would be awesome but I'm hearing nothing. They are working on a 4 star DL from Scooba Tech too
I think it's us and LSU on Smith. I know he's here a lot but if it comes to NIL they'll get him.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Smith will be LSU’s fourth four star safety. We need him worse and it would be good fit here for him and a good path to NFL but $$$ talks and LSU gas plenty of NIL. Stay on him, who knows even if he goes he may come back in a year or so

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Any info on the OMiss OL commit that visited last weekend??
Going on a Hugh visit this week
I could see us maybe losing an out-of-state WR or something, who might be coming here strictly for the Air Raid. Like that Creed Whittemore guy. But yeah in general I think 90% are good to go.
He's recruiting for us. He's not going anywhere. I'll be a little surprised if we lose a skill position commit.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login