How many "divided house" do we have here?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't think I dated but one Mississippi fan. I dated a couple of Bama ladies and I can't tell you how much they impressed me. My first wife didn't like sports and you can figure that one out for yourself. Young guys? When you are really young and think you should get married even when your best friends are saying no take a long road, fishing, hunting, etc trip and reconsider it

Luckily I remarried to a gal who grew up in StarkVegas and who's parents worked there and lots our family went to MSU. I do have one pretty niece who went to Mississippi but we don't give her too much grief.

As far as my family goes, I was the first person in my or previous generations to get a college degree. A few of the following generations have since which makes me happy.

#GTHOM

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Great 17in' Question Maroon.....I'm drunk and late to the party tonight but would love to hear this from the divided households. Me and the wife -------- been split up for 6 yrs....I'm a Dawg and she's a Red Elephant.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................FINGERS CROSSED my boy is a DAWG - freshman 8/22 studying Mechanical......

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
It is a delicate balance.....my 14yo daughter has made it clear she will attend UM (and im fine with that).....my 11yo son has maroon in his blood because me...my wife has season tickets to UM football and baseball and takes both kids.....i take them all to MSU baseball games and they all enjoy....only UM game ive been to in Oxford was 55-20 and it was glorious!!!

we manage and its actually a good teaching tool for our kids for being respectful of others......

Better man than me Beretta......I couldn't do it. As long as you can keep your son "True Maroon" then you'll be ok. Have a feeling your daughter will see the light one day....might be after grad school but she'll see her way to the Maroon/White side. Fingers crossed for you and the family....

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Been married 26 years to an ole miss girl. She's been long since converted. Her family is full of **** heads but I don't have to interact with them.

Dawg_4_lifes

Sep 17, 2016
My gal is a Razorback. A little annoying at times, but overall not bad. We both hate Ole Miss and Bama.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Mrs. Requiem is all Dawg. We actually met in LFL after we both had graduated. I don’t see how y’all house divided people do it. However, thank you for your service.

ETA: I thought about this after I posted.

I know a ton of Ole Miss girls that married MSU guys. I know very few, if any MSU girls that married Ole Miss guys.

I’m not sure what that says, but it’s odd.

Last edited:

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
After reading all the responses I am truly disturbed so many of you are unable to watch a football game with family just because they root for the other team. None of us are throwing interceptions or catching touchdowns. It should be perfectly fine to hear someone else cheer while you are grinding your teeth and spiking the remote.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
After reading all the responses I am truly disturbed so many of you are unable to watch a football game with family just because they root for the other team. None of us are throwing interceptions or catching touchdowns. It should be perfectly fine to hear someone else cheer while you are grinding your teeth and spiking the remote.

Ill be honest. I was expecting more WTF type post. However, that is why I started the thread. Just curious what was normal and healthy. We had no problem in the past two years.

However, this year it is more of she is out numbered 6 to 1. So, she wants to watch with more like minded people. I am good with it because the Thanksgiving festivities will be done and we can be as obnoxious as we want without offending someone else.

BTw, which this is another topic for another day.....Ive meet former athletes from SEC schools to D3 schools. The majority say college sports isn't that important. I always find that thought provoking.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Mrs. Requiem is all Dawg. We actually met in LFL after we both had graduated. I don’t see how y’all house divided people do it. However, thank you for your service.

ETA: I thought about this after I posted.

I know a ton of Ole Miss girls that married MSU guys. I know very few, if any MSU girls that married Ole Miss guys.

I’m not sure what that says, but it’s odd.

Simple explanation. Women don't marry pussies.

campshelbydog842003

Sep 25, 2013
I pulled a Merry Flipmas on those ********. My wife was a sorority girl at Ole Miss and now pulls for MSU. She really doesn’t like sports very much but she does pull for us and she left Ole Miss for the very reasons we all can’t stand most of them.

Steeldog

Aug 26, 2012
My wife (and son) graduated from Bama. After we got married we discovered that we both were at the 6-3 Alabama-MSU game in 1980, about a year before we met. For most of our marriage we had season tickets to both Alabama and MSU and on some weekends we made both games. Only game we never go to is the Bama-State games each year. Neither one of us enjoy that one. She does have a brick in the Davis-Wade north entrance.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
We are only divided one game a year. She actually hates Auburn enough to pull for ole miss when they play. I just shake my head and hope she loses.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
PSA: hopefully everyone got their “relations” on earlier this morning cause one side probably not gonna feel like it later. Happy Thanksgiving!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login