How much more likely would you attend a spring game if it was against a live opponent?...

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I think it'd be a good time to loop in prominent alumni. Make the Spring game honorary coaches like Dak versus Chris Jones, or Smoot vs Wayne Madkin. Maybe even have them do a live draft leading up to the game.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Exhibitions are scrimmages...

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

(and if you'd said against an undead opponent that's still a no...)

Music Video Dancing GIF by Vevo

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I would have liked it a lot more if it was while Abram was still playing. I would much rather he knock out a tight-end from Delta State than on his own damn team.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
A practice is a practice. If its not gameday, sorry I'm not interested

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’d be in favor of SEC teams being paired together for a spring game exhibition each year. Same rules as scrimmage would apply….red jerseys and no contact for QB’s, no blitzing, early whistles for ends of plays, etc. And I’m sure schools would still hold out their key players and wouldn’t treat it as a Super Bowl or anything. But it would be far more interesting than a scrimmage, and probably draw TV ratings on par (or better) with SEC basketball.

Alternate teams and home / away every year with every team, and on away years teams can still do a normal scrimmage on their big spring gathering weekends (SBW, DoubleDecker, A-day, etc.).

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I couldn't care less now, and that wouldn't change if we played a practice/scrimmage/exhibition against some other team either. Real football doesn't start until late August so whatever happens in April, who cares.

Reactions: patdog

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I would be much more likely if it was even against a SWAC school.
I would if we were playing someone like UAB, Southern Miss or ULM. Playing a SWAC team is just a waste of time. We get a better workout in the Maroon and White game.

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
I would 100% be there if it were against another school. I haven’t been to a spring game in around 10 years

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I would be all for playing a mid major at the end of spring training for both teams. And.....let it count in the fall standings. A real game included in the home season ticket package. Say, someone like Ark.State, SELA, ULM, TennTech, MTSU, etc. Would give us 9 home games and in most years 8 home games.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
To answer your Q, zero if the game was v a swac school. I'd rather see us line up good on good and see all the talent.

the best thing the school can do to encourage attendance is exactly what they are doing this year, a nice outdoor concert

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login