How stupid are we?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
What I saw of our game was nauseating from the discipline perspective.

We were getting trounced by 3 scores when I finally saw the game (against my will), and I saw our players bouncing around, celebrating, wagging heads and pumping each other up like we were the team up 3 scores. We made a few fairly decent plays in the time that I watched the game, but you'd have thought we won the Super Bowl the way some of our players were carrying on. It was really just embarrassing and made us look like a bunch of amateurs (ok, yeah, I know they technically are amateurs). Holtz used to say he didn't want players celebrating after a TD because he wanted them to act like they'd been there before. What would he think of our players carrying on while getting boat raced by 3 scores?

Chief among the stupidity was Dylan Stewart's absolutely moronic penalty after sacking the Ole Miss QB. What a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid penalty. Just moronic. Why in the world would you intentionally and thoughtfully do something that: 1) completely negates the great play you just made and 2) hurts your team? It was emblematic of what I saw from the rest of the team though. There seemed to be no awareness that we were getting our butts handed to us.

Just very disappointing to see such sloppy, undisciplined play like that at this point in Beamer's tenure.

Last edited:

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Stupid enough that it's being reported on:

South Carolina Player Penalized For Miming Shotgun to Opponent's Face While Down 24–3​

With how stupid we looked on Saturday, this feels like a low point for USC football. Just total embarrassment that we are miming shooting opposing players at point blank range while getting our butts handed to us.

Last edited:

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
It would be one thing to do that in a game where you're competing...maybe you're overcome by the intensity and emotion. To do it in a game where you're getting your but handed to you just tells a total lack of awareness.
It is in their nature, regardless of the situation.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
This happened a lot under Muschamp. A DB would give up a 30 yard pass play then the DB celebrating the tackle.

You're right. To me, that's coaching. 100%.

Need to discipline the players to have a situational awareness. Did the Stewart penalty affect the game's outcome? No. But it just demonstrates a lack of seriousness. When that happens, you can tell that players are playing for themselves and not the team. How can you celebrate when you've just given up a big play or when your team is getting crushed?

It's almost like they don't get what the ultimate goal is.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
What I saw of our game was nauseating from the discipline perspective.

We were getting trounced by 3 scores when I finally saw the game (against my will), and I saw our players bouncing around, celebrating, wagging heads and pumping each other up like we were the team up 3 scores. We made a few fairly decent plays in the time that I watched the game, but you'd have thought we won the Super Bowl the way some of our players were carrying on. It was really just embarrassing and made us look like a bunch of amateurs (ok, yeah, I know they technically are amateurs). Holtz used to say he didn't want players celebrating after a TD because he wanted them to act like they'd been there before. What would he think of our players carrying on while getting boat raced by 3 scores?

Chief among the stupidity was Dylan Stewart's absolutely moronic penalty after sacking the Ole Miss QB. What a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid penalty. Just moronic. Why in the world would you intentionally and thoughtfully do something that: 1) completely negates the great play you just made and 2) hurts your team? It was emblematic of what I saw from the rest of the team though. There seemed to be no awareness that we were getting our butts handed to us.

Just very disappointing to see such sloppy, undisciplined play like that at this point in Beamer's tenure.
I said this before but again what bothered me more about the beyond stupid penalty was evidently no one coached him up afterwards because he did it again later in the game. I mean why are we even paying these guys? No excuse for that to happen twice. None.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login