How the season could play out

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Reality is this team may not win a game in the SEC this season. We will be at a talent against Bama, A&M and Auburn. Equal talent at best with South Carolina, ole miss, Arkansas and Kentucky. But regardless of talent, we are at a severe coaching deficit against every conference team we play. We are so poorly prepared. There is no way practices are going well. Wish we had actual non biased beat writers covering the team who could be honest, but I’d be willing to bet practice has been a disaster the whole time. The only games we stand a chance in are Arkansas and South Carolina. I mention those 2 because it’s the only ones I feel likely have equal talent and maybe not a huge coaching advantage.

Our only chance is to move to wright and try some gimmick offense to move chains and even out time of possession. Short of that being marginally successful, I think 4-8 is likely.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Reality is this team may not win a game in the SEC this season. We will be at a talent against Bama, A&M and Auburn. Equal talent at best with South Carolina, ole miss, Arkansas and Kentucky. But regardless of talent, we are at a severe coaching deficit against every conference team we play. We are so poorly prepared. There is no way practices are going well. Wish we had actual non biased beat writers covering the team who could be honest, but I’d be willing to bet practice has been a disaster the whole time. The only games we stand a chance in are Arkansas and South Carolina. I mention those 2 because it’s the only ones I feel likely have equal talent and maybe not a huge coaching advantage.

Our only chance is to move to wright and try some gimmick offense to move chains and even out time of possession. Short of that being marginally successful, I think 4-8 is likely.
Barbay needs to be on the phone tampering with Jalen Milroe. He would work here.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm now thinking 5 and 7. Probly beat Auburn. Western Michigan and USM. But I could also see 3 wins....lol. Auburn and USM might be losses if the team gives up

Reactions: Dawg84

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
LsU has thumped us before, and we still end up winning 7 or 8 games. This time does seem a little different, but I will hold off judgement until after next week. I will add this. This was the worse football game I have sat through since Croom and it was hot.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
LsU has thumped us before, and we still end up winning 7 or 8 games. This time does seem a little different, but I will hold off judgement until after next week. I will add this. This was the worse football game I have sat through since Croom and it was hot.
You’re right about LSU… I’m not too concerned about the result of the game so much. Like you said, I’ve seen LSU beat the **** out of some decent to good State teams. I’m more concerned about 3 weeks in a row, we don’t have any clue what we want to do or even what we can do.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011

Uh, South Carolina is much better than us.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
My seats are on the fifty, minus about 45 yards. I have a good view of the goal line. It bothered me that LSU had a first and goal on the two. They snapped the ball and our defense didn’t touch the running back til he was one yard deep in the end zone. That worries me that we won’t stop any SEC team. When has State faced a goal line stand and looked that bad. Lord, help us.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I honestly think Croom's worst team could beat these clowns.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I’ll say 6-6 right now. I think we could beat Kentucky at home and steal a road game or the Egg. But not getting to 6 wouldn’t be a huge shock at this rate. We looked like a 4-8 team today.

Reactions: Perd Hapley
Nov 29, 2017
Sorry guys. I can’t actually tell y’all what I told God for us to win the natty in baseball, but I’m pretty sure these are the repercussions.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Based on what we’ve seen so far, it really looks like 4-8. I don’t know one SEC team I would feel confident of beating.

Reactions: Poppy IV

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
We are not winning another game. We don't have any side of the ball that can carry the team.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login