How would you approach NIL and women's sports?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm wondering what the effects of the NIL, the portal, and the expanded playoffs will make for college football, which is the big money maker.

I still believe the NL will take a few more seasons to show the difference it makes to the game because it will make the rich richer.

I hope that the NIL will help the women's sports world by generating an infusion of money for the players. But in the long run, I think it will also make the rich richer.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Maybe in basketball. But not the others women's sports. What would you guess the total NIL allocation is to womens sports?
I am just the opposite. For the price of a decent role player in football, you could field a good women's golf team and that attracts people too.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I am just the opposite. For the price of a decent role player in football, you could field a good women's golf team and that attracts people too.
Exactly.

Spend smarter.

Sometimes following the trend is smart.

And sometimes it ain’t.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
The same can be said in investing in baseball over Men’s Basketball.
The only way I would say spend everything on a particular sport over any other is if they have a shot to win a title.

It's all relative, how much do we have? How much will it take to good in a sport. I mean really good. A couple ringers on a women's team could make a huge difference at basketball or golf but you need at least 50% of your roster in Football to be blue chippers and the Ga & Bama have 65-70 high 4's and 5's and they don't come cheap. The leap from what we are spending now in football to get 10-15 5 stars and 30 to 40 mid to high 4 stars is off the charts. It's not that big a jump to get competitive in other sports.

You bring me a title, OK, we can go all in, otherwise nope. I prefer being better at everything than being 6th in SEC rather than 8th or even 10th with two or three other sports competing as well.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
It's a women's sport. I'd tell women to donate to women's sports. I wonder how much they'd raise.

willi13

Sep 24, 2003
Let's use it in an example of a player like Victoria Vivans. She's hypothetically getting offered 250K to transfer to another SEC school. Or we could go spend 250K on a men's player - Cam Matthews type.

What would you do as the person responsible for distribution of NIL funds?
Four words: Car Wash Tip Jar

• Haha
Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login