Howland’s Clowns suck and it is not their fault

Fighting Irish.sixpack

Oct 26, 2012
There is way too much talent on this team to suck this bad. Howland is trying to run a 1996 offense in 2021 and it does not work. There is no hustle or grit with our guys. When you a have a coach who does not push them , these are the results you can expect. Pathetic. Cohen has killed women’s basketball, and he is about to Rick ray basketball too!

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
A men's basketball freakout in December. On a team thats 6-0.

January Irish threads are gonna be epic.

Fighting Irish.sixpack

Oct 26, 2012
Ban me for telling the truth

My god some of you People who cannot handle the truth need to go to genespage. Facts are facts, Howland is coasting to Retirement and earning a nice check at our expense.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There is way too much talent on this team to suck this bad. Howland is trying to run a 1996 offense in 2021 and it does not work. There is no hustle or grit with our guys. When you a have a coach who does not push them , these are the results you can expect. Pathetic. Cohen has killed women’s basketball, and he is about to Rick ray basketball too!

View attachment 23188

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Funny how people continue to give Howland a pass. We had a BUNCH of people saying this team was Sweet 16 or bust. Sorry but a team of that caliber doesn’t lose this game or get blown out by an average Louisville team.

And don’t give us that gel as a team crap. Your seed is determined by your November and December results especially if you are a .500 ish team in the league. Which we obviously are.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
Losses like this are devastating. We only had two chances in the pre season to solidify rpi and we blew both. Happens every year.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I have to agree. 6 years and this is the product against a 1st year coach for Minnesota. What an embarrassing loss.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
But getting manhandled at home by Minnesota is not acceptable.

Because you post wild stuff halfway through the game declaring the season over and the team as trash. Then you resort to 5th grade name calling. “Howland Clowns”. Have you said that out loud to another person? It’s absurd.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
17 off tough guy. Howland is a clown and this program is a joke

You get included with Fighting Irish because of your noodle arm nonsense. For all we know you two are the same person. If not you two were meant for each other.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
We run an offense? Serious question.

But it’s not all howland. It’s the mentality of players today. Running an offense isn’t sexy.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Correct, it’s not so much the content but the relentless effort of being a ****.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Childish name calling makes this site worse. You are probably the worst offender.

ETA: if you are actually a child, my apologies to you. Please direct my ire at your parents.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006

10000% accurate

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
why? He’s right. Howland needs to be sent packing. As far as basketball goes, he belongs in the retirement home with the rest of his ancient playbook

Maybe, but I don't think most good coaches will be lining up to replace a fired howland in our study hall home court. Howland has gotten us to what would be 4-straight postseasons with basically zero fan support, and then we fired him for it. Now if we say screw it, and go Rick pitino, shoot

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
Maybe, but I don't think most good coaches will be lining up to replace a fired howland in our study hall home court. Howland has gotten us to what would be 4-straight postseasons with basically zero fan support, and then we fired him for it. Now if we say screw it, and go Rick pitino, shoot

he's not getting fired but there's a very good chance this is his last year. he'll step down/retire, which he should

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020

That’s fine. But we need to figure out where to go next. If it’s stand pat and pay Howland a couple mill a year to make the NIT then that’s what we are. We know that fan support is not coming back under Howland.

But we have a segment of fans that like to tout stats that we are top 4 or 6 in the conference the last 4 years blah blah blah. The simple fact is we are probably at best the 8th to 10th best program in the conference. If that’s what we are happy with, then just keep Howland. But then don’t complain when our ceiling is the NCAA bubble. It won’t get better if we don’t modernize our program.

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
Continuity

I have to agree. 6 years and this is the product against a 1st year coach for Minnesota. What an embarrassing loss.
Continuity, I think the lack of players that grow and stay with our program is a problem, Molinar the exception and a few others. We always have really talented transfers. There’s too many trees not enough forest. That may be the trend in CBB( CFB as well).

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
he's not getting fired but there's a very good chance this is his last year. he'll step down/retire, which he should

Well Howland needs to grow a dang back bone and coach this team hard. We need energy, we need direction, we need grit, we need crowds, we need players that fight. This team came out flat, this team time and time again refuse to attack, this team refuses to produce. It is the same damn story every year. Weak RPI and losses to bad teams in November/December is used against us all season until we miss the cut and make the NIT. 17 the NIT. We should not even take the invite. The NIT is loserville. It is NCAA or who gives a ****.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I know my reputation on this board is being a dumbass but if I was as hated as much as you I would seriously never post again.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Again? Explain your track record of being right… *********?

To be fair, in the first quarter of every game this year, she’s predicted that State would lose the game and she was right 5 of those times.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Y’all want me to start an update thread to my accidental discharge? Been a while. Seems like y’all could use some comedy at my expense

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
IMO part of modernizing the program needs to include a new arena. The Hump is really showing its age compared to Auburn/Ole Miss. Fan experience is a big thing, and the Hump just has limited abilities.

I love the Hump, but it's a shadow of what it once was. This program needs a new 8000 max seat arena with actual premium amenities for the big donors currently in the lower bowl--the ones who have the best seats who never show up. Make a real effort to have students and as many locals as possible in the lower bowl. Have some suites and club levels, and give Faculty resellers upper bowl.

I can't believe it's been over 10 years since the student section split/reseating and there is STILL been nothing done to fix the atmosphere.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
This bitching has been going on for four years and it is getting old. It's not just basketball. All sports. Hell some of you A Holes was bitching about baseball middle ways through the season.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login