Hulu, ESPN, etc. Need help

Marica

Oct 2, 2022
I've lurked here for years but never comment or post. Until today. I managed the Dish-ESPN workarounds yesterday by simply finding the games on my laptop on youtube and HDMI-ing them to the TV. Husband's Sunday morning protocol is to bring me coffee at 5, then turn on game day final. I have created an ESPN account. I have created and will be paying for a HULU no ads account. But when I log onto ESPN and go to game day final, and choose HULU as my subscriber, it says my subscription doesn't include access. As I may have mentioned, it's not even 6 and I haven't even had one cup yet. What am I doing wrong? What can I do short of burning it to the ground?

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Thank you. B/c I don't want to 17 it up, Hulu only, or Hulu + Disney + Espn?
Should be Hulu only if you’re just wanting to watch standard espn network. The bundle gets you espn+ and everything that comes with that.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
It has to be Hulu+Live TV subscription which runs like 69.99. The regular Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ sub does not get you access to that ESPN channels thru their app.
Also ESPN+ only gets you access to plus content. You can not watch their regular channels by only subscribing to ESPN+

Marica

Oct 2, 2022
It has to be Hulu+Live TV subscription which runs like 69.99. The regular Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ sub does not get you access to that ESPN channels thru their app.
Also ESPN+ only gets you access to plus content. You can not watch their regular channels by only subscribing to ESPN+
Yep. Just discovered this. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If you're not aware yet how much better YouTube TV is than anything else out there I don't know what to tell you

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
I moved to Direct streaming and really like it. The key is my in-laws log in run off of as well. About 120 a month two households and I get everything including Ballys for the Grizzlies which no one else has….and it works great on phone or tablet

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I pay like $10 a month for ESPN+. I get all games on their app. Smart tv has the app and watch it on there. You don't have to get the bundle to pay for ESPN, but it's only like $10 more if you do.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I checked everything out before the season extensively and even gave them a test run and YouTube TV was the best. The only reason why I haven't changed it I would still have to use my Apple TV and the remote for the Apple TV is very clunky to me. As soon as I finally update my television to a smart TV this Christmas I will be changing over to YouTube TV and just using the Apple TV for movies. I have the Hulu Disney ESPN bundle. I really like the ESPN plus content and I keep the others so my daughter can watch Hulu and my granddaughters can watch Disney. Disney has completely ruined everything they're doing which is a shame because I can remember so many great movies that they made in the past. It really pisses me off that they think the only continent they can create now is live action remakes of old movies. After they quit bleeding money long enough I imagine they will finally change things but I'm not holding my breath.

kphall11

Apr 8, 2013
This needs to be pinned to the top of every Mississippi State message board, especially when baseball season rolls around.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login