Hump 3D Diagram…

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
So looks like they added a few super-vomitories in the corners and a new club space in the lower bowl? Hopefully the concourses are improved, but this looks a lot more like a maintenance project than a total renovation.

I'm starting to be in the "should have saved up and built a new arena" camp...it's difficult to see how spending money on this was helpful for anything other than a 5-10 year band aid.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
I’m not gonna dive into details because I feel like everyone should make their own opinion, but the seats3d link is very accurate.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
You guys haven't even walked into the place yet, but you are hammering it without mercy........great job, that's the MSU way!

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I thought the intention was to add a bunch of suites? I count like 3, if those are suites at all. Might just be open concourse.

I'm not really all that upset that we didn't demo or anything, as I didn't think it looked all that bad to begin with. But it looks the same to me.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
It’s amazing they didn’t touch the upper deck. They could have done some Loge sections and it would have been the least expensive thing they did and brought in nice money. And reduced capacity so there are fewer empty seats.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I thought the intention was to add a bunch of suites? I count like 3, if those are suites at all. Might just be open concourse.
Yeah. I'm struggling to discern what is a suite and what is an opening from the concourse. Not to mention, how many people can actually watch the game from that perspective? No raised seating or way to get multiple rows.

Nov 29, 2017
It’s also concerning they really haven’t posted a bunch of updates with pictures. They literally gave us weekly updates on the dude.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Yeah. I'm struggling to discern what is a suite and what is an opening from the concourse. Not to mention, how many people can actually watch the game from that perspective? No raised seating or way to get multiple rows.
Well, you know, we are the "people's university." The brand intimates a more "inclusive approach." Anyone is welcome to come to ... or through ... your suite and help themselves to your food and drink.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
The common man will not see the money spent. There are areas in premier seating where the Big Dawgs get a lounge, better entry to the venue, and the better seats. This is Cohen. Before he left they made a commitment to improving the large donor experience. I remember him on a podcast saying this is the common trend in collegiate athletics.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
You guys haven't even walked into the place yet, but you are hammering it without mercy........great job, that the MSU way!

It wasn't a good basketball arena before, and it still isn't going to be a nice basketball arena after.
The original renderings were bad. The design execution was bad. The contractor was put under impossible conditions to get it done.
I haven't walked it yet, but 50 million for this...? Should have paid 200 million for a completely new one and played all of our games on the road this year.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Where's the temporary crane holding up the entrance to the upper deck? I was hoping that was going to be a permanent fixture***

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Did they include a huge one level island for the kitchen and paint everything white?
Wait until you get a look at the LVT throughout and the matte gold hardware. Also, the staging is impeccable. Pastels with texture.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
The common man will not see the money spent. There are areas in premier seating where the Big Dawgs get a lounge, better entry to the venue, and the better seats. This is Cohen. Before he left they made a commitment to improving the large donor experience. I remember him on a podcast saying this is the common trend in collegiate athletics.
Improving, yes. But how improved is it? I think that's the question. Nothing here looks "lux".

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The more we deal with Cohen’s decisions, the less I understand as to why Auburn wanted him

Last edited:
Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login