Humphrey Coliseum is about to emerge as the premier arena in the state again..

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I think you're going to be surprised. I've spent the last couple of hours digging through the plans. It's going to be like a completely new facility. We've all known about the suites on the left in that top photo.. but take a look at the bottom left and right of that drawing.

We are cutting out sections of upper level seats and creating concession areas with drink rails. The things we're adding for the fans are pretty incredible.

Last edited:

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
How about a Cliff's Notes run down of exactly what they are doing?

It looks like we are painting some parts of the building pink - that is about all I can get out of that.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
If we are as close as it sounds, why have we not marketed/hyped this since the first generic video? Seems odd.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I definitely needs a renovation but until one or both of the teams put a product on the floor that people want to see it’s a waste of money. The University is alienating its core fans that are butts in the seats In favor of the almighty dollar. The baseball parking situation is not going over well at all. I know people who live in Starkville or the area who have had season tickets for 25 + years and actually attend the majority of games that are losing their parking passes. They can’t just quit because they’ve paid that ten year seat fee for their seats. I know I’m done with football and without my baseball parking pass I seriously doubt I’ll attend many game knowing I’ve got to walk from Zacharias Village every time.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Wednesday is NSD in football. Probably saving the first hype video for a Thursday pivot.

/serious... the project has been let out. It bids on 1/12.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
If you can't tell from the plans.. all you really need to know is that..

The sink faucets in the restrooms are going to finally stay on without holding them with one hand while you awkwardly try to wash the other.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
They are making baseball parking worse?
For those that had parking passes, yes. Eliminated all RV parking for baseball. Each outfield lounge will only get one parking pass. You have to be in the top 750 of the BDC to even qualify for a parking pass. Heard yesterday that the spaces that these new rules will open up will now be per game paid parking, no idea on the price but football paid parking is $30. I figure it will be at least $10 per game. I also heard rumors yesterday that a reseating of Davis Wade was coming as well. I’ve talked to several people who are pissed and are threatening to give up their baseball tickets, this in a year after a national championship. They’re stuck because of the money the have invested in the 10 year seat licensing fee. I’m somewhat local and retired, I attend a lot of midweek games but that will likely change. I HAD a parking pass, I could drive up, park, go in the game, visit friends, watch the game sometimes for only a couple of innings. Now I’ll either have to pay to park if there are any spots available or walk from god knows where. I’ll be staying at home and listening to the radio a lot more. Maybe that’s what they want.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I think you're going to be surprised. I've spent the last couple of hours digging through the plans. It's going to be like a completely new facility. We've all known about the suites on the left in that top photo.. but take a look at the bottom left and right of that drawing.

We are cutting out sections of upper level seats and creating concession areas with drink rails. The things we're adding for the fans are pretty incredible.

I really wish they would've just enclosed the whole thing. I'm sure it will look great inside when they're done, but the bundt cake is an eyesore.

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
Not a good take here. The hump renovation is an important step in getting basketball back on a winning level.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
There's very little about the outside of large arenas that doesn't age quickly. I like the focus of this effort. Maybe we can get sponsorship: Humphrey's Nothing Bundt Cakes Coliseum at Hank Flick Arena

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Polish that turd! Aside from Dorman, it's one of the greatest eyesores on campus and it screws up the view of our best facility. The place should be imploded and a new facility built somewhere else. But again, we go the cheap route.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Building a top notch shop to park a couple totaled cars in................

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I've confirmed I'll lose my parking pass too. They need to come up w/ a bunch of golf cart shuttles otherwise going to be a bunch of PO'd fans having to walk from Zacharias, Freeman, Bost, etc. carrying blankets, coolers, etc.
On a related matter one of my neighbors that works w/ architects told me that both basketball teams would be dressing in portable buildings in the parking lots during construction of this. Notice I'm not including sarcasterisk's

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
The link truly makes it look pretty good. But if you're trying to stay up with the Jones I can see how some would not approve.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Your post is confusing. Are you saying you've lost your RV parking pass or your solo parking pass and if you live local do you really need to bring your RV to every game? If y'all think it's tough here how do you think it is in Knoxville or Lexington trying to get to a game. We are a major university and anything you can think of is still gonna be cheaper in Starkville than anywhere else unless Tijuana University gets included into the SEC.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I lost my car parking pass, don't have an RV one. The walk for me won't be too bad except for post game and I've got multiple coolers, dirty dishes, cutting boards, etc from our lounge to take home to clean, stock, and bring back.

irondog

Jan 20, 2020
Can someone give us the summary of improvements for the common season ticket holder?
I don't care about the High Roller crap. I'll never see it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login