Hurricane Helene seems like it could mess up a bunch of CFB games this weekend.

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
It would seem a lot of SEC games will be cancelled

That can’t be. I thought it ‘just means more’ down there. ;)

Seriously, good luck to anyone in the path of the hurricane. Hope everyone evacuates where needed and stays safe.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
[Image of Rainfall Potential]

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
We were just talking about this. All of FL going to be affected, but unless there is a lot of flood and/or wind damage at the venues hosting games the games should go on as scheduled. The rain and winds should be gone from FL by sometime Friday.

However, GA, TN and other southern states that are going to be impacted are likely to have games canceled. The rains are supposed to continue through Saturday in those areas due to the merger of the hurricane with the other rain front coming through the south.

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
Nonsense. Unless it is lightning, play on. Those southern boys are way too soft when it comes to inclimate weather.

Remember the bowl game against LSU? They complained bitterly about having to play in the rain on a torn-up field. Lucky for us, Penn State didn't have the same conditions - oh, wait!!

Reactions: LB99

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021

Nasty looking storm. Good thing it's fast moving. Wouldn't want to be looking at that over here on the east coast right now.

Reactions: PSU87

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021

Nasty looking storm. Good thing it's fast moving. Wouldn't want to be looking at that over here on the east coast right now.
I'm sure it will change, but been very quiet on the Right Coast so far.....

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Had our moments w/ some bands in Juno this AM. Club is open, but no one playing in Tequesta. Lots of limbs down.
In your IR sat pic, I was waiting for that big cell rotating off Lake Okeechobee, but look how it just falls apart as it approaches the Space Coast

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Had our moments w/ some bands in Juno this AM. Club is open, but no one playing in Tequesta. Lots of limbs down.
Yes this morning was much worse than its been since. Heavy band and winds then pretty much mostly sun and some winds. Looks like its jogging more east, I think Cedar Key is going to take this on the chin. Tallahassee will be on the west side and not get as much damage now.

mmp121

Oct 8, 2021
Given the shape of that storm, western Kentucky/Tennessee may be screwed!
I was thinking the same thing. Not sure that far inland will be used to such a heavy amount of rain.

From the latest update, it looks like its going to spend ~24 hours sitting right over western KY (Bowling Green) and north central TN (Nashville).

1727369468325.png

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Hitting unexpected dry air/shear why its not wrapping up quicker. Also leaves it more susceptible to the lower united states steering with that approaching frontal boundary. Why you see it more east than projected and now Tampa with the storm surge better be ready.

Reactions: PSU87

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Yes this morning was much worse than its been since. Heavy band and winds then pretty much mostly sun and some winds. Looks like its jogging more east, I think Cedar Key is going to take this on the chin. Tallahassee will be on the west side and not get as much damage now.
Looks like the eye wall is closing. Intensity about to begin probably. There is some wobbling. We'll see.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Looks like the eye wall is closing. Intensity about to begin probably. There is some wobbling. We'll see.
Yup... unexpected dry air and shear kept this from wrapping up much sooner and many can be thankful for that. Just starting to get its act together.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
I was thinking the same thing. Not sure that far inland will be used to such a heavy amount of rain.

From the latest update, it looks like its going to spend ~24 hours sitting right over western KY (Bowling Green) and north central TN (Nashville).

View attachment 658253

Yes it's going to end up spinning around a upper cut off low pressure system and eventually combine with it. With the more eastern track that is why everyone is now seeing rain showers make it into PA this weekend when originally the whole storm was supposed to be all in TN/KY.

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Hitting unexpected dry air/shear why its not wrapping up quicker. Also leaves it more susceptible to the lower united states steering with that approaching frontal boundary. Why you see it more east than projected and now Tampa with the storm surge better be ready.
Actually some of the models predicted the dry air inclusion pretty well, and intensification was going to be this afternoon and evening.

You're right about Tampa Bay needing to be watching....the storm has consistently been running east of the forecast track.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Cat 3 she is... 120mph winds measure by hurricane hunter plane. Ramping up before landfall in about 6-7 hours.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login