Hypothetical question regarding policing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
When that citizen is breaking the law/speed limit and endangering lives, then yes. Ever heard of "broken windows" policing." You have to enforce speeds, otherwise before long people will be using roads as their personal drag strips. Stop being paranoid good Lord. There isn't some grand committee of policing that meets every year trying to figure out how to get more money out of citizens or violate their Constitutional rights.
Not coming to a dead A$$ stop at a 4-way where no other vehicles are even close to the intersection can not be considered a life endangering act nor going 42 in a 35 when the road is fully capable of safely handling cars going around 50. Are you intentionaly ignoring the money trail the "justice" depts pursue? Sure, in order to maintain a civil society we need cops. Drag Racers need to go to jail , face fines and license suspensions but pulling folks over just because of BS is not the way to go. George Soros DA's are our country's crime problems these days, not less traffic stops.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I agree that the reasoning is dumb, but that's the way it is.

If using low crime as a positive reason for a budget increase, you know there will always be at least one to claim, "Why are we always increasing their budget? Crime is low"
For the record, i don't think we should increase their budget when crime is low, but we definitely shouldn't reduce it.

Unless there is a legitimate reason to.

But I honestly think many government budgets should be reduced. We should figure out a way to reward them for spending less. Instead they are incentivized to spend more.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Yeah, it does. You'd be surprised. Ask a cop how often speed traps and random traffic stops end up in getting a high profile warrant, drunk, or druggie of the street, no matter what time. They still patrol bad neighborhoods for vandals and burglars, too, despite popular opinion. The problem is they simply can't stop a person that "looks" like a vandal or burglar walking in a neighborhood or if they see someone knocking on a door. They have to wait on the criminal to do his thing, a call, and by the time the cop responds he's long gone.
You have no idea what you are talking about in this instance.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
For the record, i don't think we should increase their budget when crime is low, but we definitely shouldn't reduce it.

Unless there is a legitimate reason to.

But I honestly think many government budgets should be reduced. We should figure out a way to reward them for spending less. Instead they are incentivized to spend more.
Me too. Tax payer funded services need yearly audits, for better or worse.
Unfortunately, people can't have a pragmatic convo about making cuts to a popo budget without being accused of "defunding the police" or not "backing the blue". There's always at least one that cannot allow any reasonable convo to happen due to their fanaticism. Unions have a lot to do with that.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Me too. Tax payer funded services need yearly audits, for better or worse.
Unfortunately, people can't have a pragmatic convo about making cuts to a popo budget without being accused of "defunding the police" or not "backing the blue". There's always at least one that cannot allow any reasonable convo to happen due to their fanaticism. Unions have a lot to do with that.
I’m talking about government wide.

Audits shouldn’t start with the police.
Let’s start with epa, irs, post office. Mississippi government would be mdeq, etc.

But open the audits up for public bidding and make the findings very public.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You have no idea what you are talking about in this instance.
Wut? He's pretty right, though I would quibble that some (most?) "random" pull overs were cops following a suspect and waiting on an excuse to conduct a pull over so as to justify a search.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Wut? He's pretty right, though I would quibble that some (most?) "random" pull overs were cops following a suspect and waiting on an excuse to conduct a pull over so as to justify a search.
Stfu dude. Just stfu up.

Your the dumbest MF er alive or a troll.

Please go away. Please. We are all begging you.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Stfu dude. Just stfu up.

Your the dumbest MF er alive or a troll.

Please go away. Please. We are all begging you.
Your the only one who's said something dumb here. He was right, pullovers are a key source of busts.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Season 4 Reaction GIF by Outlander

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Your the only one who's said something dumb here. He was right, pullovers are a key source of busts.
I know you can’t read but go back to the first message you replied to me on this thread.

Read it 4 times slowly. When you don’t get it; ask me politely and I’ll explain it to you.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I know you can’t read but go back to the first message you replied to me on this thread.

Read it 4 times slowly. When you don’t get it; ask me politely and I’ll explain it to you.
Lol. Oh, I get it. The thing is, your wrong. About the post I'm most immediately replying to here, about pullovers, specifically. But in general too of course. OBVIOUSLY wrong. Like, not in any way its debatable wrong. Cops make SO MANY busts from pullovers. It's just a plain fact. So, as per your MO, the MO of a very stupid person, that you respond only that I, the person pointing out a very obvious fact to you that you have missed, is in fact the stupid person, that is what makes you so hilariously pathetic. It's amusing that you picked up this schtick from somewhere, like a monkey that learns to play an organ, but that amusement does not make it any less pathetic.

But let me give you a tip. I'm going to respond when you say something stupid. Which is often, as we've covered. And you can try your little schtick. But it's only going to get you embarrassed further. So I suggest you either learn to man up and address mistakes, or wise up and learn when to keep your fool mouth shut.

Have a good day!

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
I’m talking about government wide.

Audits shouldn’t start with the police.
Let’s start with epa, irs, post office. Mississippi government would be mdeq, etc.

But open the audits up for public bidding and make the findings very public.

I wasn't suggesting public audits should be limited in any capacity. The police budget should be audited like any other tax-funded service. Top to bottom.

I was pointing out that some people get very emotional when only the police budget gets mentioned.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Lol. Oh, I get it. The thing is, your wrong. About the post I'm most immediately replying to here, about pullovers, specifically. But in general too of course. OBVIOUSLY wrong. Like, not in any way its debatable wrong. Cops make SO MANY busts from pullovers. It's just a plain fact. So, as per your MO, the MO of a very stupid person, that you respond only that I, the person pointing out a very obvious fact to you that you have missed, is in fact the stupid person, that is what makes you so hilariously pathetic. It's amusing that you picked up this schtick from somewhere, like a monkey that learns to play an organ, but that amusement does not make it any less pathetic.

But let me give you a tip. I'm going to respond when you say something stupid. Which is often, as we've covered. And you can try your little schtick. But it's only going to get you embarrassed further. So I suggest you either learn to man up and address mistakes, or wise up and learn when to keep your fool mouth shut.

Have a good day!
No, in the instance i'm talking about, you aren't close to being right.

But you keeping being a DA. We all get a good kick out of it.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I wasn't suggesting public audits should be limited in any capacity. The police budget should be audited like any other tax-funded service. Top to bottom.

I was pointing out that some people get very emotional when only the police budget gets mentioned.
Id suggest those people get upset b/c of the nature of the conversation where it gets mentioned.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
No, in the instance i'm talking about, you aren't close to being right.

But you keeping being a DA. We all get a good kick out of it.
Oh, I'm sure you're so reticent to explain how I'm wrong. You'd hate that. You're just keeping quiet to spare my feelings, not because you are full of it.**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login