Hypothetical question

tired

Sep 16, 2013
If we still had Cross, Polk, a legit top 10 D, and good depth, do we make a push?

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Not Bama, I was just thinking of the fact it could’ve been possible. I believe we’ll be a top 17 D, so not far off. Just top 15?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Hypothetical Answer: If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's *** every time it jumps, but since it doesn't......
And "make a push" for what, 9-3, West Div, SEC Champ, Natty?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If we still had Cross, Polk, a legit top 10 D, and good depth, do we make a push?

I don't think we even need Polk although obviously that would help. You give us Cross, and we are a top 15 team, possibly better (although probably wouldn't be ranked that high because of our schedule).

We are a very good team with a true achiles heel. Sucks because this is one of those years for us where the stars were aligning as far as having a bunch of solid upper classmen, but I just dont' know that Leach can overcome the lack of a true Left OT with his system.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
From NFL.com on Makai's time here:

"He got a ton of targets in that offense but it's like the same three routes over and over so he's still got a lot of learning to do." -- Area scout for AFC team

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
We always have this issue it seems we have a chance for an 'up' year, except for 2014:

1998-2000: Were missing a QB. When we got one, the lines fell apart in 2001-2003. Yeah, I know we went 9-2 in 1999 but the schedule that year was easy and we got lucky - A LOT.
2010: Missed on Cam. While Relf did fine, he's not Cam and thus would have needed the WRs to be elite, and they just weren't at that time. Had everything else.
2015: Needed another lineman or two, even though Dak overcome a lot of it.
2017-2018: Needed a big play WR (AJ Brown would have been money). Of course we lost Rankin after 2017 too, and Eiland ended up being a turnstile.

So much of the season riding on Dolla Bill. I'm not worried about the loss of Polk at all. Good news is that with Cole Smith winning RG, the whole OL are 4th year players with a ton of starts. That's got to mean something. Backups aren't chopped liver either.

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I mean... Richard Cross is an Ole Miss guy and probably well past his playing days. Not sure what impact he would have. Hadad and Matt Wyatt probably know for sure it he had any eligibility left.

I always assumed he was always a baseball guy, but I suppose Ron Polk might possibly type out some words of wisdom that might swing a game.

I don’t know about top 10 nationally, but my wife says I have a top 10 D. She’s also probably biased, stroking my ego, or both.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login