I’m feeling pretty confident it’s Lebby

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Lebby has had a top 10 scoring offense at every stop. The hire would not be lazy at all and it will help retain our WRs and RBs and Parson.
And how does that translate into a good HC? If we don’t end up with a guy that has a proven record as a HC, this hire will be a fail - period.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
If they have zero HC experience, that’s as uninspiring of a hire as we could have. I’d rather have any of the current HCs than another guy that has to learn on the job. Might as well turn into a minor league team.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Sumrall was my hope. I really liked Sumrall.

I’m hearing Lebby though.
Rumor among students is that some press conference location was setup this week so an announcement was imminent. Same person who told me that said Lebby. If so, he will have to really hit the ground running, say all the right things and be successful early or the fan base won’t give him much rope. It’s going to feel like we got short changed an actual national search even if that is not the case.

Captain Ron

Aug 22, 2012
I would prefer, not that ZS cares, someone who has proven they can do more with less as a HC. That is why I am not against a Group of 5 head coach that comes from a Troy or the like. It would also be desirable for the person to have a persona that could immediately inspire the fan base.

A coordinator can work as we have seen here and you could also use Kirby as an recent example.. I have my doubts though how a Kirby would have worked out here with the discrepancy in resources.

Just having someone who has proven they can win in D1 as a HC sure would instill more confidence.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Fan confidence is very low. If it’s Lebby, what he does, not who he is will get the fan support. If he can pull a great staff and can motivate players then we will be fine. I’d rather have a head coach, but we are a dumpster fire right now. Maybe we scared some coarches off with our shattiness this year.

Reactions: bigmixx72

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Fan confidence is very low. If it’s Lebby, what he does, not who he is will get the fan support. If he can pull a great staff and can motivate players then we will be fine. I’d rather have a head coach, but we are a dumpster fire right now. Maybe we scared some coarches off with our shattiness this year.
It seems this would scare coaches much less than in the past. With the portal and NIL rules, you can totally change a team in 1 year (see Arizona). I would think $$ (to hire the right staff and recruit/retain) is what would create or alleviate the fear.

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
You’re hearing Lebby? I already told y’all last week it was a done deal and got it from a reliable source.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
If so I guess an official announcement will be tomorrow. OU plays TCU at 11:00 today so no reason to drag it out any longer.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
It seems this would scare coaches much less than in the past. With the portal and NIL rules, you can totally change a team in 1 year (see Arizona). I would think $$ (to hire the right staff and recruit/retain) is what would create or alleviate the fear.
That’s very true and it’s about the only thing that gives me hope for next season

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Perhaps all of the other candidates, while doing their due diligence, took a look at this board and said “awe hall naw” I don’t want any part of that.

Tsunhater

Nov 2, 2012
If it is him make sure it’s in the contract that his father in law is not allowed on campus much less our sidelines.

Tsunhater

Nov 2, 2012
If it’s him, I hope his FIL has full access and he’s a paid consultant
Oh so you are the type that wants people around that enable and cover up for kids that rape women. Just in order to win games and protect your program. You either do not have daughters or you are a complete scumbag of a human just like Briles.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
If they have zero HC experience, that’s as uninspiring of a hire as we could have. I’d rather have any of the current HCs than another guy that has to learn on the job. Might as well turn into a minor league team.
Exactly disaster, downward trend, Leach, Arnett, some OC.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I hope not. We really need someone with head coaching experience to clean up this mess. Also, several OU fans are ready to run Lebby out of town.
If we go with Lebby, this does seem like a lazy hire by Selmon.
The OU fans who want him gone just want him out due to the Briles stuff. Don’t get me wrong, that’s as good a reason as any, but its not football-related.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I hope not. We really need someone with head coaching experience to clean up this mess. Also, several OU fans are ready to run Lebby out of town.
If we go with Lebby, this does seem like a lazy hire by Selmon.
A vocal minority of our fan base is celebrating that Rogers might end up in the portal. That doesn’t make him a bad QB.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Lebby’s resume is pretty solid as far as assistants go. He’s been a part of some good coaching staffs and programs and should know how things should be done. We could do worse.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
God I hope not. My wife’s side of the family are all huge Big 12 fans of Kansas State, OK State and Texas Tech and all looked disgusted when I mentioned that possible hire. Another guy with no head coaching experience who’s been under a HC that just became a head coach 2 years ago.

Reactions: eckie1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login