I’m feeling pretty confident it’s Lebby

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
He and his family (as terrible as his FIL is) turned that Baylor program around and into an Offensive juggernaut. People literally want to run the Briles Offense. He has been on 4 staffs that have all moved the ball like crazy and spent time in the sec. Everything is a risk but I can’t imagine hating this if he is hired.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Sooner friends & family saying Lebby is headed to State.

They have spent this entire season frustrated with his playcalling.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Sooner friends & family saying Lebby is headed to State.

They have spent this entire season frustrated with his playcalling.
They're 9-2, probably about to go 10-2. Wtf are they complaining about ? From what I see watching this game right now, he airs it out and has a really fun offense to watch

Buckaroo

Nov 22, 2023
Ungrateful fans will always complain. Only two coaches in the country are immune to this; Saban and Kirby Smart

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Saban isn’t immune.

The temperature is rising on Lebby. Back to being warm that he is the next HC at State.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Saban isn’t immune.

The temperature is rising on Lebby. Back to being warm that he is the next HC at State.
Perfect scenario is for us to get either Elko or Lebby/ Briles, and Saban retires after the playoff. Kiffin named Bama coach, too late for OM to get anyone good. And is stuck with left overs after all the musical chairs participants have taken their seats

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Ungrateful fans will always complain. Only two coaches in the country are immune to this; Saban and Kirby Smart
Not true. Bama fans were calling for Saban’s head after they lost to LSU last season. Somebody on SEC Rant posted a bunch of Bama melt posts after that game. My favorite one was the Bama fan who posted “17 Nick Saban”

• Haha
Reactions: Duggar Hall Desk

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They're 9-2, probably about to go 10-2. Wtf are they complaining about ? From what I see watching this game right now, he airs it out and has a really fun offense to watch
I tend agree with you because you can’t average 500 yards/game easily even in the Big 12, but I think it’s a few things:

1. The 2 losses were Kansas who they hadn’t lost to in over 25 years and the last Bedlam to OK State that lost to UCF the next week by about 40.

2. They do air it out, but I’ve watched them quite a bit this season and they sometimes fall in love with the run too much and go 3x up the middle then punt in key moments of games.

In all honesty, outside being another first time head coach and the Briles baggage, I think he could be a good get.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He and his family (as terrible as his FIL is) turned that Baylor program around and into an Offensive juggernaut. People literally want to run the Briles Offense. He has been on 4 staffs that have all moved the ball like crazy and spent time in the sec. Everything is a risk but I can’t imagine hating this if he is hired.
I mean there’s also this:

IMG_5394.jpeg

I get that he had a lot of conflicting obligations there, was in relationship and/or marriage with the daughter perhaps while all this was going on and had to tread lightly. But it’s still a really bad look. Even Briles’ own son doesn’t have any such allegations like the above, and he was on the staff too.

Just seems like unnecessary baggage to bring on with someone who already doesn’t have any HC experience. If we’re pigeon-holed into an OC to HC hire, I don’t see why Lebby is the top choice there. Maybe look at Garrett Riley or even Kendall Briles instead.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I tend agree with you because you can’t average 500 yards/game easily even in the Big 12, but I think it’s a few things:

1. The 2 losses were Kansas who they hadn’t lost to in over 25 years and the last Bedlam to OK State that lost to UCF the next week by about 40.

2. They do air it out, but I’ve watched them quite a bit this season and they sometimes fall in love with the run too much and go 3x up the middle then punt in key moments of games.

In all honesty, outside being another first time head coach and the Briles baggage, I think he could be a good get.
They averaged 7.7 yards per play against Ok St.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I mean there’s also this:

View attachment 457328

I get that he had a lot of conflicting obligations there, was in relationship and/or marriage with the daughter perhaps while all this was going on and had to tread lightly. But it’s still a really bad look. Even Briles’ own son doesn’t have any such allegations like the above, and he was on the staff too.

Just seems like unnecessary baggage to bring on with someone who already doesn’t have any HC experience. If we’re pigeon-holed into an OC to HC hire, I don’t see why Lebby is the top choice there. Maybe look at Garrett Riley or even Kendall Briles instead.
He has been hired by 3 major universities since so I don’t know why our hiring him is an issue. I don’t know why Kendall Briles would be any better in that context either.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They averaged 7.7 yards per play against Ok St.
That’s a great stat. It got them 24 points and the game ended with a 4th down playcall to a receiver 2 yards short of the first down.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
That’s a great stat. It got them 24 points and the game ended with a 4th down playcall to a receiver 2 yards short of the first down.
I think we have reached peak overanalysis. Lane Kiffin scored 17 points against one of the worst defenses in the conference last night.

ALL coaches do dumbs stuff. I would roll the dice at 7.7 YPP and let the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: AlCoDog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He has been hired by 3 major universities since so I don’t know why our hiring him is an issue.
Yes, but HC is a totally different animal where the microscope gets turned way up. And again, it’s not like its the only concern.

I don’t know why Kendall Briles would be any better in that context either.
Because Kendall Briles was never personally alleged to have any involvement in any of scandal, and never printed out t-shirts in support of people guilty of rape cover-ups. He can’t control the actions / inactions of others, or who his dad is.

I’m not trying to be on too high of a horse here. If Lebby’s the hire, I’ll support him. But this is stuff that’s out there. And it just seems less than ideal to take on baggage like that on a guy who’s never even been a HC.

Reactions: Dawgg

bigmixx72

Nov 15, 2023

OK believes they should be competing for nat’l championships so I can get the frustration with losing 2 games but let’s be honest, with we’ll take a 10 win season any year. They lost those 2 games by a combined 8 points. Maybe the defense should step up and get a stop when needed.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I think we have reached peak overanalysis. Lane Kiffin scored 17 points against one of the worst defenses in the conference last night.

ALL coaches do dumbs stuff. I would roll the dice at 7.7 YPP and let the chips fall where they may.
I’m with you actually. I’m just saying after watching this team all season, I get OU fans’ frustrations, but I think his offense would still be great here.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Need a scapegoat not named Venables. Too early to call him a bust and he took more control of the defense this year from Roof. If they don't win the conference, they look for someone to blame. Offense is the only place they are willing to look despite it being a Top 4 offense. Just a very demanding fan base and a little disconnected from reality.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login