I’m frankly

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
Having a hard time seeing how we will be competitive in this SC game. I sure hope I’m wrong.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Supposedly their offensive line is weak and they can't run the ball. If we can cover Liggett or however it's spelled that will cut the offense way back. He is far and away their number one. Of course I am sure we will put an inexperienced safety on him. But just tbh I heard some similar things about LSU which I guess we solved for them.

Chris4USC

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
I think you're right honestly. And I say that as a die hard cowbell ringer.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The only thing you could hope for is it they shot their wad against Georgia last week since it was a big rivalry game at home.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I think Wright plays and we look better. defense won’t be able to contain Rattler though.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think Wright plays and we look better. defense won’t be able to contain Rattler though.
Do you have insider info on that? I feel we have done the same thing 3 games. I think will starts and plays most of the game

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Admitting that playing one different player might be able to change our fortunes is really grasping at straws but we have such a great past of using the RTGDB football being such a success at MSU... no matter how the OL, entire Defense and special teams play.

Reactions: josebrown

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Age of this board is showing. All these Carolina hackers come over here looking for some good shlt talk and nobody cares.
Age, as in we've seen Croom, we've seen Moorhead, and now it appears we are seeing similar, so until this staff and team proves otherwise, I assume we are just riding along watching disfunction until we find the next guy. It's hard to want to get emotionally invested.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Age, as in we've seen Croom, we've seen Moorhead, and now it appears we are seeing similar, so until this staff and team proves otherwise, I assume we are just riding along watching disfunction until we find the next guy. It's hard to want to get emotionally invested.
That too. But even if we were good I have zero interest in smack these days.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I don't think Arnett is anything like Croom or Moorhead. He's made some major mistakes that he may not be able to fix this year, but he has shown he can coach. He just walked into a tough situation and made it way tougher than it should be and it's going to be a challenge for him to get things right before his seat gets too hot. If he doesn't get figure it out here I fully expect him to go learn some more from a new head coach and to eventually do much better when/if he gets a second shot.

Contrast that to Croom, who couldn't coach much of anything and had spent his entire career with people recognizing that and Moorhead, who had shown he could be a good OC for a good coach and also be a good head coach at a lower level with scholarship advantages, but had also been demoted from OC at 17ing UConn.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I don't think Arnett is anything like Croom or Moorhead. He's made some major mistakes that he may not be able to fix this year, but he has shown he can coach. He just walked into a tough situation and made it way tougher than it should be and it's going to be a challenge for him to get things right before his seat gets too hot. If he doesn't get figure it out here I fully expect him to go learn some more from a new head coach and to eventually do much better when/if he gets a second shot.

Contrast that to Croom, who couldn't coach much of anything and had spent his entire career with people recognizing that and Moorhead, who had shown he could be a good OC for a good coach and also be a good head coach at a lower level with scholarship advantages, but had also been demoted from OC at 17ing UConn.
Primarily I was referencing the feeling of ineptitude from our offense that mirrors the way it felt other prior inept offenses. It does not inspire hope.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Primarily I was referencing the feeling of ineptitude from our offense that mirrors the way it felt other prior inept offenses. It does not inspire hope.
I agree with that but I don't think Arnett will let our defense be weak all season. He has shown he can scheme up a good defense with the quality of players we have. Certainly we lack athleticism and would still struggle against mobile Qbs, but it won't be this bad all season if he gets back involved with the play calling.

Or at least it won't suck for the first few quarters. If our offense continues to suck this bad they will be gassed in most games, but I don't think they'll give up. If our OC could at least manage to have a functioning run game against USCe, UK, Ole Miss, Arkansas, etc. we could be competitive in most of our games.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Those of us who were students during the croom years just know ugly football. We went to every game and watched. After watching Dan pull us out of the gutter never want to see us go back there again so I have no problem if fire a cosch one year because they can't figure it out snd have improvements over a year. Or they take a team that was built to win more and accomplish mediocre or bad results with it

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I mean I don’t think they’re anywhere near as good as LSU, but obviously neither are we.

I honestly see it as a pretty evenly matched game. They’ve got issue too. I give them the edge because of the better QB and homefield. But absolutely no reason we shouldn’t be competitive with a chance to win outright.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login