I’m guessing we may have at some point …

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
been down 0-14 in a SEC game but this **** here is totally 17-ing embarrassing!!!
No excuses other than this staff and this team has said 17 IT and no MS State team that I can recall has EVER said that!!
Lemonis has next year - One year to get this turned around!!
I thought he may have 2 more years but I don’t like what I’ve seen out of this team the last several weeks. Very concerning.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Highly doubt Lemonis is getting fired next year… with that said, you’re right that what we are seeing tonight is an embarrassment

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
We won’t even recognize this team from a player standpoint next year.
Attrition it’s a coming.
Maybe some staff should go too!!

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I believe I made the statement this team has quit a week and a half ago. They have no confidence at all. Everybody said they will never quit. 20 to zip. 2 innings left. Probly be 26 to zip by the end.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I believe I made the statement this team has quit a week and a half ago. They have no confidence at all. Everybody said they will never quit. 20 to zip. 2 innings left. Probly be 26 to zip by the end.

Yep. They have quit. I don’t know if it’s possible but if I was Lemonis I’d start a completely different 8 position players tomorrow. I put every single person on the bench for the last 2 games. If you’re gonna get your *** beat you should at least do it with guys who want to play.

Raiderdawg.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
Worst loss: We lost 24-2 to Florida State in 1966.

Worst SEC loss: We lost 21-0 to LSU in 1946.

Most runs given up was 29; lost 29-10 to Alabama in 1943.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
One more year of this, and he will be.

Yeah, I agree. If we lose every game next year by 20 runs, I bet he will be fired. However, I highly doubt that will happen and therefore I highly doubt he will be fired.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Losing record next year and he’s gone, book it.

Cohen too

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
How can our bullpen be this pitiful. Not even close to competitive

Oct 13, 2012
********. we expect better as a program now. another year like this and he will be coaching high school like mullen

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Fire the damn pitching coach. I said it last year and then Bednar saved us from his terrible ****. He's not recruited anything.

Feb 23, 2008
Some of us saw the glaring issues on the coaching staff early on.

And were blasted for it all season long. There’s no excuse for this. Something’s been off all season even before Sims got hurt. But I shouldn’t be surprised. Mississippi State is famous for not knowing how to handle prosperity. From Final Four to terrible. From #1 for 6 weeks in football to losing 3 of the last 4. Now the biggest of them all. National champs to not making the conference tournament.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Here are the ERA’s of the pitchers who have pitched tonight. 5.88, 9.49, 10.41, 12.86, 9.24, and 12.00. What kind of pitching recruiting have we been doing? That is the worst SEC pitching staff I’ve ever seen.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Fire the damn pitching coach. I said it last year and then Bednar saved us from his terrible ****. He's not recruited anything.

We set an NCAA record for strikeouts last year. Pretty sure it wasn’t all Bednar, and our pitching coach had something to do with that.

MLB draft in 2019 and 2020 + general lack of roster balance in those classes between pitchers / position players + having to recruit marginally talented JUCO’s / transfers to fill gaps + 4 major injuries has us where we are.

It’s not that hard to follow the recruiting history. Nobody can clean up the **** Cannizaro left in the pitching department AND still have depth left over to cover for 4 major injuries, including one to the best pitcher in college baseball.

fang

Nov 29, 2010
And were blasted for it all season long. There’s no excuse for this. Something’s been off all season even before Sims got hurt. But I shouldn’t be surprised. Mississippi State is famous for not knowing how to handle prosperity. From Final Four to terrible. From #1 for 6 weeks in football to losing 3 of the last 4. Now the biggest of them all. National champs to not making the conference tournament.

The evidence is decidedly in favor of “some of us” tonight. I wasn’t in that camp but…

I don’t understand how we wound up with a bullpen full of guys that look like they belong at UNA.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
I was all about Lemonis and expect a down year from time to time, but this **** is inexcusable.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I never thought the performance of this years team would sour me on MSU baseball after winning a NC last year but it has. From pride to total embarrassment. 17um…..

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
We set an NCAA record for strikeouts last year. Pretty sure it wasn’t all Bednar, and our pitching coach had something to do with that.

MLB draft in 2019 and 2020 + general lack of roster balance in those classes between pitchers / position players + having to recruit marginally talented JUCO’s / transfers to fill gaps + 4 major injuries has us where we are.

It’s not that hard to follow the recruiting history. Nobody can clean up the **** Cannizaro left in the pitching department AND still have depth left over to cover for 4 major injuries, including one to the best pitcher in college baseball.

you forgot to put "they mis-evaluated a **** ton of recruits (JUCO and otherwise)" You and I argued about this earlier in the season, and I said to myself that I'd let it play out, and remind you later in the year how you defended their recruiting, and how wrong you were.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012

Schlossnagle cleaned up the **** pitching he was left with at A&M in two months over the summer. Blaming Cannizaro is bull ****.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This is like lsu football bad. Win it all one year and can't even make a bowl game the next.

It's hard to see a fall this bad in one year removed from winning it all.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
you forgot to put "they mis-evaluated a **** ton of recruits (JUCO and otherwise)" You and I argued about this earlier in the season, and I said to myself that I'd let it play out, and remind you later in the year how you defended their recruiting, and how wrong you were.

What? There’s pretty much no such thing as misevaluating JUCO recruits. You don’t find a 17ing Landon Sims or Will Bednar replacement in the JUCO ranks. You are picking from a pool of players who weren’t good enough to get drafted or get any major offers out of high school. It’s a giant crapshoot. Best you can do is shoot your shot at guys that have 60% of what you’re looking for in a decent high school player, and hope you can mold them into something serviceable as a bullpen guy or maybe position starter if you’re lucky. Unfortunately, it’s a crapshoot our staff was forced to throw way too many times due to what was inherited from previous classes and the draft.

Tell me which other players Lemonis has straight up whiffed on.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010

Ha! You can’t blame Cannizaro 4-5 years later!

Our pitching has not been developed. Look at TSUN. Their pitching has been coached up and is every year. Their freshman pitchers have grown up this year, as they do every year.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Schlossnagle cleaned up the **** pitching he was left with at A&M in two months over the summer. Blaming Cannizaro is bull ****.

Oh really?

2021 Texas A&M team ERA - 4.56
2022 Texas A&M team ERA - 4.51

Must be fun to just see a team get better and blindly assume **** to backup a bogus argument.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Ha! You can’t blame Cannizaro 4-5 years later!

Our pitching has not been developed. Look at TSUN. Their pitching has been coached up and is every year. Their freshman pitchers have grown up this year, as they do every year.

I’m really not blaming him exclusively. Part of it was bad luck with the draft. He brought in Ginn, Sims, McLeod, Cade Smith, and other guys we’ve counted on. But in these past 2 years we’ve been walking the tightrope with our roster balance….due mainly to his classes.

Those same classes were loaded with great talent in terms of position players with guys like Logan Tanner, Kamren James, Kellum Clark, and others. Just turned up on the short end of the stick on pitching. Last year pretty much no one got hurt, which was awesome and hid a lot of issues with the roster. This year, we got exposed.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2008
I’ll play. We have 8 pitchers whom he all signed that have an ERA of over 6.00. So I guess alot depends on your definition of whiffed.

Blitz83

Feb 6, 2019
If they have quit, which appears so, that seeps down from the top (staff). Very disappointing.

Blitz83

Feb 6, 2019
Yep. They have quit. I don’t know if it’s possible but if I was Lemonis I’d start a completely different 8 position players tomorrow. I put every single person on the bench for the last 2 games. If you’re gonna get your *** beat you should at least do it with guys who want to play.

Might want to see if we have someone else to coach them as well.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I’ll play. We have 8 pitchers whom he all signed that have an ERA of over 6.00. So I guess alot depends on your definition of whiffed.

Definitely not counting Stinnet, Tullar, and Walling as whiffs given they were JUCO / transfer straw grasps, as already mentioned.

Fristoe has zero talent question marks. Everybody wanted him, and he’s gonna get drafted high no matter what. Call him a miss if you want but he was somebody we had to make room for….just like Woodruff, Mitchell, Cerantola, etc.

KC Hunt hasn’t been healthy. Had a great fall and was supposed to be a weekend starter. Hard to say he was a whiff because he got hurt. Also wasn’t a Lemonis commit anyway….one of Canni’s guys.

Walker and Cheatham are true freshmen. Way too early to tell anything on them.

Tepper doesn’t look to be panning out. He might be a whiff.

So, 1 of 7 guys that Lemonis brought in are whiffs. Maybe 3 of 7 at most if Walker and Cheatham don’t pan out.

Again, way too early to tell. But look at the HS guys for the real picture on how we’re recruiting. Definite hits are Bednar, Kohn. Tepper is a miss. Fristoe is an elite talent miss who we still had to take a chance on. Walker / Cheatham have the jury still out. 2022 class - jury still out. The current knowns are in Lemonis’ favor….with one being a first round draft pick.

Last edited:

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015

What MADE them quit though? What's the damn deal? I figured we'd take a step back this year but I also figured we'd start getting better as the season progressed. I've said this 100 times, I thought we turned a corner after Auburn and then OM. Seemed like we were starting to gel somewhat. Then Mizzou happened and we have been playing in our own feces since. What the hell is going on?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login