I’m in the portal to being interested in something else.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Yeah, this blows. Or, football season will be a Aug - Dec thing for me. No point in paying much attention until fall camp starts.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
If this is what college athletics has turned into then I’ll just go watch more NFL and NBA. At least there I’ll know how long a player plays for a team before his contract is up.
Yep. Sooner or later these kids will learn that 99% of the fans support a team not an individual player. Participation trophy generation.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
If this is what college athletics has turned into then I’ll just go watch more NFL and NBA. At least there I’ll know how long a player plays for a team before his contract is up.
Not only that but the players, coaches, cheerleaders, refs, ushers, dancers and ball boys all have more talent than their college counterparts.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I will head the other way, I don't like the pro model, I'll turn even more to public high schools, the smaller the better. I'll agree, if I want to watch pro ball I'll watch the real thing, not this crap college ball HAS turned into.

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
ditto for me. I love MSU, and always have. I cared about our players. I just don’t anymore, these clowns are spoiled azz brats. I done with this bs

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I will head the other way, I don't like the pro model, I'll turn even more to public high schools, the smaller the better. I'll agree, if I want to watch pro ball I'll watch the real thing, not this crap college ball HAS turned into.

free transfers and travel ball mentality is what started all of thiS 25 years back in grade school

as the kids grew, so did their needs.

Now, we have a generation of parents who instill the “you are great” “deserve more” approach.

Personally, I remember working for playing time. When did this entitlement sweep our youngins?

Did Social media twist this “look at me” age?

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Yeah, this blows. Or, football season will be a Aug - Dec thing for me. No point in paying much attention until fall camp starts.
This right here. Bowls are even more pointless. Recruiting isn’t exciting because most of them will be gone in 2 years or less. Definitely don’t give a crap about what happens in the spring because I won’t know half the roster.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
When the 12 team playoff doesn’t work, they will have to go to 24…and by that time, the tournament will start Oct 1st…..the reg season will only be 6-7 games

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login