I’ve lost all confidence in this team

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Judge Judy GIF

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Even if we had swept TAMU, we were never gonna win the SECT. Second year in a row with no Hoover. We were just a bad team that found a little momentum toward the end. The end is here now.....I would start all the bench sitters for Saturdays game and let them play the entire game. They deserve it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm confused why this revelation is happening for you when we just had a 3 game SEC win streak stopped in the 9th.
It didn’t take a genius to realize that win streak was smoke and mirrors. That was more LSU and A&M playing poorly then us playing well.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
We need to be a lot better in a lot of areas. Pitching is horrendous, but everything else is pretty bad too. There’s really not one thing this team is good at.
I agree, but if we had stable pitching, the rest would settle down. JMO

But that is all we see here, opinions.

Grove Sh.tter

Sep 30, 2022
No. The rest would still be bad. With good pitching, we might sneak into a regional and go home early. But it would still be pretty bad.
With good pitching, we'd be bad? Trying to do the math on that, bro. I think we're an ace and closer away from a totally different season. 2 components away from taking the pressure off the lack of depth in the pen (which "good pitching " would imply better pen,too) and having a decent year.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We hired the wrong AD, who is going to keep the wrong baseball coach. It's disappointing. My NIL will go to football only (not that mine matters). If our new coach screws that up, it'll go somewhere else. Golf looks promising.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
With good pitching, we'd be bad? Trying to do the math on that, bro. I think we're an ace and closer away from a totally different season. 2 components away from taking the pressure off the lack of depth in the pen (which "good pitching " would imply better pen,too) and having a decent year.
We're bottom 3 in the league in hitting and dead last in fielding. Pitching aint the only issue bud.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We hired the wrong AD, who is going to keep the wrong baseball coach. It's disappointing. My NIL will go to football only (not that mine matters). If our new coach screws that up, it'll go somewhere else. Golf looks promising.

Selmon hasn’t been here long enough to have any clue what kind of AD he is. And there has never been a single AD whose tenure was defined by the baseball program.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Look. I got an idea. Fastball down the pipe to the guy that's jacked two out of the park.

Trust me. It'll work. They'll never suspect something that dumb.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
We're bottom 3 in the league in hitting and dead last in fielding. Pitching aint the only issue bud.
Forsythe (Spelling) was the biggest contributor to the fielding problems. That got solved. Also wasn't Alford move to third base from another and had to learn the position? Not auguring or taking up for the coaching. Just asking and pointing out.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We need to be a lot better in a lot of areas. Pitching is horrendous, but everything else is pretty bad too. There’s really not one thing this team is good at.
Yes. We would need another team for defense to go along with that better pitching.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We're 11th in runs scored and 12th in fielding percentage. And our pitching is so bad that even if we cut 3 runs off our ERA, which would be a massive improvement, we'd still only be 10th in the league. So yeah, even with better pitching, we'd still be pretty bad.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Lead the league in weWethe (Spelling) was the biggest contributor to the fielding problems. That got solved. Also wasn't Alford move to third base from another and had to learn the position? Not auguring or taking up for the coaching. Just asking and pointing out.

Forsythe (Spelling) was the biggest contributor to the fielding problems. That got solved. Also wasn't Alford move to third base from another and had to learn the position? Not auguring or taking up for the coaching. Just asking and pointing out.
We lead the league in errors (by 10) and since Forsythe hasn't played the 2nd half of the season, no he wasn't the only error problem.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
With good pitching somebody still has to field the ball and make a throw and multiple people have to get on base and have somebody hit the ball, we don't do either well

patdog

May 28, 2007
We lead the league in errors (by 10) and since Forsythe hasn't played the 2nd half of the season, no he wasn't the only error problem.
Forsyth “only” has 14 of our 63 errors. So we’d still be near the bottom with perfect play at SS. And this doesn’t even include our problems throwing out baserunners.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Disagree on the AD point it’s way to early blame him for keeping Lemonis. I’ve no idea what’s been discussed besides firing Foxhall but a guess would be a short leash on Lemonis next year. I do agree that Lemonis will be back.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It didn’t take a genius to realize that win streak was smoke and mirrors. That was more LSU and A&M playing poorly then us playing well.
I have to hand it to this board. The ability to forget all about a 15-39 two year record after one week of 3-2 ball is…. impressive

Reactions: 60sdog and patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
With good pitching somebody still has to field the ball and make a throw and multiple people have to get on base and have somebody hit the ball, we don't do either well

We were at or near the league worst in errors in 2021. We saw how that turned out.

We were the best fielding team in the SEC in 2022. We saw how that turned out, too.

Sure…we’d all like to have a great fielding team every year, but errors in the field happen in college baseball…..and aren’t anywhere near our biggest problem. Nor are errors (or lack therof) indicative of good or bad coaching or a good or bad team. Both of the examples above prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
I'm confused why this revelation is happening for you when we just had a 3 game SEC win streak stopped in the 9th.

he's preparing for the inevitable heartbreak that's coming. Everyone is getting excited about the possibility we might actually make the sec tourney but somehow in miss st fashion they are going to give us hope until the last second and then rip our hearts out again.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
We were at or near the league worst in errors in 2021. We saw how that turned out.

We were the best fielding team in the SEC in 2022. We saw how that turned out, too.

Sure…we’d all like to have a great fielding team every year, but errors in the field happen in college baseball…..and aren’t anywhere near our biggest problem. Nor are errors (or lack therof) indicative of good or bad coaching or a good or bad team. Both of the examples above prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt.
One opposing coach told someone we are really poorly coached on the infield. To the point he called his assistants over to make them watch us take infield and show them what not to do.

The staff is just lazy. It hilarious to me that the best pitcher we have is one of the few guys Lem didn’t commit.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
“One opposing coach told someone”

Sounds totally believable.

Opposing coach of what team? One that didn’t win the national championship in 2021, I presume? Who did they tell? And what were we doing while taking infield that was “what not to do”?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
“One opposing coach told someone”

Sounds totally believable.

Opposing coach of what team? One that didn’t win the national championship in 2021, I presume? Who did they tell? And what were we doing while taking infield that was “what not to do”?
Taking bad angles. The way we move. This coach to my friend just a few weeks ago. He literally sent me a pic of him and the coach bc I didn’t believe him either. Coach does love the Dude though.

I went through all this rationalizing last year. But the more I learn about this staff the worse it gets.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Taking bad angles. The way we move. This coach to my friend just a few weeks ago. He literally sent me a pic of him and the coach bc I didn’t believe him either. Coach does love the Dude though.

I went through all this rationalizing last year. But the more I learn about this staff the worse it gets.

There’s really not much rationalizing to do.

Our pitching staff is probably the worst ever assembled in SEC history. We have 17 guys who appeared in SEC games heading into the weekend….and only 3 had a conference game ERA of less than 8.80 heading into the weekend…..which is just putrid. And furthermore, its been obvious for over a year now after injuries last year, and the returns from that 2021 class, that we were going to be really bad there again this season. Skenes choosing LSU sealed it for good, but it would have still been pretty rough even with him.

It’s the pitching and it always has been the pitching….simple as that. Talking about anything else is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The man who bears the overwhelming majority of responsibility for that situation - the recruiting, coaching, and development of the pitchers - has already been fired. If Lemonis can fix the pitching he fixes the program. If he cannot he will be fired in 2024.

• Haha

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

Our pitching staff is probably the worst ever assembled in SEC history. We have 17 guys who appeared in SEC games heading into the weekend….and only 3 had a conference game ERA of less than 8.80 heading into the weekend…..which is just putrid. And furthermore, its been obvious for over a year now after injuries last year, and the returns from that 2021 class, that we were going to be really bad there again this season. Skenes choosing LSU sealed it for good, but it would have still been pretty rough even with him.

It’s the pitching and it always has been the pitching….simple as that. Talking about anything else is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The man who bears the overwhelming majority of responsibility for that situation - the recruiting, coaching, and development of the pitchers - has already been fired. If Lemonis can fix the pitching he fixes the program. If he cannot he will be fired in 2024.
Right. Agree. But other things get highlighted to show how little chance he has to fix the pitching or whatever anyone thinks is our issue. You can certainly get by without great fielding but let’s also not forget our offense is at the bottom half of the league in runs scored for the second straight year

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Right. Agree. But other things get highlighted to show how little chance he has to fix the pitching or whatever anyone thinks is our issue. You can certainly get by without great fielding but let’s also not forget our offense is at the bottom half of the league in runs scored for the second straight year

Arguing how little chance he has to fix it is baseless speculation. It’s not his job to fix it directly. It’s his job to hire an expert in his field to fix it. And our offense has been fine. All the underlying metrics of our offensive output are acceptable at worst, while being pretty good in some important areas.

We would have scored more runs if we had played more 9 inning games - and again its really not really the offense’s fault that we haven’t.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
It has become obvious to me that Lemonis won the CWS with someone else's recruits. Since then we have shat the bed.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Arguing how little chance he has to fix it is baseless speculation. It’s not his job to fix it directly. It’s his job to hire an expert in his field to fix it. And our offense has been fine. All the underlying metrics of our offensive output are acceptable at worst, while being pretty good in some important areas.

We would have scored more runs if we had played more 9 inning games - and again it’s really not really the offense’s fault that we haven’t.
We are bad at scoring. We would need to have scored 19 more runs in the innings we lost to be 7th. We are bad at scoring despite other good metrics for the second year in a row. Something tells me that’s not bad luck or a coincidence. Last year Ks were the culprit. This year it’s OBP for whatever reason. Id think RISP is awful both years.

patdog

May 28, 2007

You’re burying your head in the sand. As has been documented extensively in this thread, this team has a LOT of problems besides the biggest one which is the pitching. We probably don’t have 10 players who need to be on the 35-man roster next year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We are bad at scoring. We would need to have scored 19 more runs in the innings we lost to be 7th. We are bad at scoring despite other good metrics for the second year in a row. Something tells me that’s not bad luck or a coincidence. Last year Ks were the culprit. This year it’s OBP for whatever reason. Id think RISP is awful both years.

So we have to be in the top half of the best league in America to not be “bad”? That’s a pretty absurd statement.

We average 5.93 runs per SEC game. The league average for all teams / all games is about 0.5 runs per game more than that. Being 0.5 runs per game off the average league pace in a year where we have played eight 7 inning games and one 6 inning game in terms of offensive opportunities is not bad by any stretch. Its especially not bad when considering the extent to which we are relying on true freshmen and super seniors like Hancock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Msuirondawgs
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login