I’ve never seen a QB attacked by the media like Dak

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think it's obviously clear that it's the team around Dak (and management/coaching) holding the team back more than Dak. Is he elite? No. I've often been one of his critics. But if you make a list of things wrong with Dallas, he's not near the top.

Super Bowl Champions. That's what he would do. Pretty much anybody would do that assuming they can throw decently (by NFL standards). I could name numerous NFL QBs who would have a ring right now had they been on the Eagles roster last year.
I am not going to disagree in fact I agree with you but unfortunately most NFL fans don't want to hear that. I was just taking my Dak fan feelings out of it and looking at it as if I was a fan of Dallas much like I ride the Saints QB when it is not his fault.

What is crazy many of the same people defending Dak many times are the first ones to go after a current Miss State athlete.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
Had one of the greatest rookie seasons of any quarterback in the history of the league.
Took his team to 4 playoff appearances out of his 6 seasons.
Won his division 3 out of his 6 seasons.
Went to two Pro Bowls.
Retired Tom Brady.
Had one bad season where he suffered a serious injury but still returned to take his team to the playoffs and win a playoff game.
Was Walter Payton man of the year.

The only thing he hasn't done is progress past the divisional round.
Your last sentence is the big issue for him in Dallas. That's more important than any of the other things on your list.

Reactions: Dawgg

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
It's a Dallas QB thing. Being QB there is the brightest position in all of American sports. Look at Tony Romo. An undrafted Hispanic QB from a small FCS school that sat on Dallas's practice squad for a couple of years before getting a chance to play. By all accounts he's a great guy and a great teammate who always had a smile on his face. His story what movies are made about and yet he was constantly bashed by the media and "hated" by other NFL fans. It was perplexing.
Huh, never knew he is hispanic.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
When he wins as many as Troy they will praise him. Until then they will condemn him regardless of what the rest of the team looks like. Troy played for Jimmy. Dak does not unfortunately
Troy’s OL made a Hall of Famer out of Emmitt Smith during the Barry Sanders era, too.

I’d love to see some simulations of the Cowboys with any other OL in the league during those years. I’d bet that there’d be zero SB rings and fewer (if not zero) HOF’ers, too.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Don't agree with this. Was Dan Marino mid? Archie Manning? You can be a very good quarterback and get stuck on mid to bad teams.
Archie was the definition of mid. Comparing Dak to Dan Marino is certainly something. By the way, even Dan Marino made it to a Super Bowl.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Ha! This is why I have zero Sympathy for all Dallas fans. They really are as Bamaesque as they come. They don't understand why they can't win the SB every year w/ CD Lamb as their # 1 wr (and in the toughest division in the NFL). Hell, they completely backed in to DP. Long Live Jerry Jones.
His biggest problem is the skill positions and their support. He's had no running game from Zeke and nobody really at WR except Lamb. He might do a little better this year he has a better supporting cast.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Had one of the greatest rookie seasons of any quarterback in the history of the league.
Took his team to 4 playoff appearances out of his 6 seasons.
Won his division 3 out of his 6 seasons.
Went to two Pro Bowls.
Retired Tom Brady.
Had one bad season where he suffered a serious injury but still returned to take his team to the playoffs and win a playoff game.
Was Walter Payton man of the year.

The only thing he hasn't done is progress past the divisional round.
His injury season was one where he was on pace to break several NFL records, too. The local yokel radio stations says he’s never recovered from that…. I’ve not noticed that.

Still, he’s done exceptionally well at a place that treats winning titles like most of us treat buying a $3 mega millions ticket.

Reactions: Chesusdog and Dawgg

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Huh, never knew he is hispanic.
Tony's full name is Antonio Ramiro Romo.
His grandfather was born in Mexico and immigrated to the US as a child.

Here's an interesting interview where he talks about his family's background:

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login