I’ve never seen so many Stats fans talk up Ole Miss as much as some on here have done this year.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Making OM out to be this great team while saying we suck and have terrible losses. The only difference in our records is their lucky home win over Kentucky. In two of their losses, they were outscored 45-3 by LSU after the first quarter and 42-6 by Arkansas in the first half plus one minute. We have never capitulated like that. I hope we kick the crap out of them on Thursday if for no other reason than to stop our own fans from talking about how great they are.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Making OM out to be this great team while saying we suck and have terrible losses. The only difference in our records is their lucky home win over Kentucky. In two of their losses, they were outscored 45-3 by LSU after the first quarter and 42-6 by Arkansas in the first half plus one minute. We have never capitulated like that. I hope we kick the crap out of them on Thursday if for no other reason than to stop our own fans from talking about how great they are.
Yes, it really makes me glad it's a short week

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well, we did get outscored 31-3 by LSU and 21-7 (a Forbes pick-6) by Kentucky. We’ve had some stinkers too. If we play well Thursday, we’ve got a chance. If not, it could get ugly.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm pretty sure the most you people who are saying Ole Miss will beat the crap out of us, yesterday were confidently saying Arkansas was going to get rolled by the Rebels, and Tennessee was going to beat the holy crap out of South Carolina. What have you got to say today?

No one knows what we win or lose Thursday night, but if this is some sort of pregame mojo, you have to go through... Please take it somewhere else for a while at least. I feel like I have stumbled The Spirit by accident.

Reactions: NTDawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think even a 8 year old could look at the schedules this year and and see how some teams had easy schedules to start with.

Envy is the weakest of vices. Gotta grow out of that blindness.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Some folks here need to rub vagisil all over their body.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ole Mis went 8-0 and struggled to win six of them. Vandy and KY were the two toughest teams on that part of their schedule. Let that soak in. Now the four toughest teams on their schedule and they are 0-3 so far. They were overrated. They are overrated and will be overrated come Tuesday. I have been saying overrated all season.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Their best win is over a 9-2 Troy team. We don't have a signature win of that caliber**

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Watch the big fellas on the line just go through the motions in the 2nd half highlights. They aren't even trying after the 12 minute mark in the 3rd.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
The thing that is worrisome to many is that dating back to Freeze and Luke, Mississippi gets hyped for this game and it carries over onto the field.

They always seem to have receivers running wide open and hit the big play.

our offense has to play perfect. No drops, no overthrows. We can’t afford to get gashed repeatedly by their run game.

we also need bad Jaxon Dart to show up. Hold him to less than 200 passing yards and we have a very good chance. Bend but don’t break. They can get their yards between the 20s but we can’t allow long TD runs.

Reactions: patdog

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
While I agree with your sentiment that there's been too much OM knob slobbing, especially from State fans... I have to note that our offense is plenty capable of laying down themselves. In all 4 losses plus the Auburn win, the offense was unable to score a touchdown for at least a 32 minute stretch of game time. That's some serious napping and likely the root cause of the frustration from many of our fans.

Auburn: only score was Tulu kickoff return from 14:11 of Q2 until 3:49 of Q4. 40:22 minutes of zero offensive scoring.

Georgia: 2 Fg's and a punt return TD until RaRa scored a TD on a 22 yard drive with less than 6 minutes to go in the 3rd. 39:43 of game time with 2 Fg's and about 140 yards of total offense.

Alabama: Woof. Scored a TD with no time left against the walk-ons. 59:59 of no offensive scoring.

Kentucky: 1 fg in the first half. 36:32 of no TD to start the game and the last TD was a Forbes TD.

LSU: 1 fg and 105 total yards in the 2nd half. 32:14 of game time without a TD.

Hopefully that **** doesn't on Thanksgiving... No napping on Thanksgiving.

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
Ole Miss and State are 17 & 18 respectively in ESPN FPI/Overall efficiency , Dave Bartoo would probably say we’re evenly matched therefore home team wins by 3. Intangibles (like a coach on the fence) are equally important too, therefore Dawgs win BIG!

Reactions: msudawg1200

patdog

May 28, 2007
While I agree with your sentiment that there's been too much OM knob slobbing, especially from State fans... I have to note that our offense is plenty capable of laying down themselves. In all 4 losses plus the Auburn win, the offense was unable to score a touchdown for at least a 32 minute stretch of game time. That's some serious napping and likely the root cause of the frustration from many of our fans.

Auburn: only score was Tulu kickoff return from 14:11 of Q2 until 3:49 of Q4. 40:22 minutes of zero offensive scoring.

Georgia: 2 Fg's and a punt return TD until RaRa scored a TD on a 22 yard drive with less than 6 minutes to go in the 3rd. 39:43 of game time with 2 Fg's and about 140 yards of total offense.

Alabama: Woof. Scored a TD with no time left against the walk-ons. 59:59 of no offensive scoring.

Kentucky: 1 fg in the first half. 36:32 of no TD to start the game and the last TD was a Forbes TD.

LSU: 1 fg and 105 total yards in the 2nd half. 32:14 of game time without a TD.

Hopefully that **** doesn't on Thanksgiving... No napping on Thanksgiving.
THIS is why some of us are frustrated with Leach. Definitely not ready to fire him, win or lose Thursday. But damn! That’s got to get better.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
We have no chance at all.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We have no chance at all.
gordon ramsay princess GIF by Fox TV

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
I’m curious to see how many times the Rebs snap the ball while our entire defense is still looking at the sideline.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
We almost lost to Auburn at home. Ole Miss almost beat Alabama, at home. Teams like State, Arky, KY, and Ole Miss are better playing at home. We couldn't stop Ky's running back and Ole Miss has a better running game. Ole Miss shut down the Air Raid for 3 quarters last year. Rogers hasn't looked good in weeks against any team not named ETSU. We can win, but it's gonna take a great game.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
We almost lost to Auburn at home. Ole Miss almost beat Alabama, at home. Teams like State, Arky, KY, and Ole Miss are better playing at home. We couldn't stop Ky's running back and Ole Miss has a better running game. Ole Miss shut down the Air Raid for 3 quarters last year. Rogers hasn't looked good in weeks against any team not named ETSU. We can win, but it's gonna take a great game.
This is about exactly what I'm thinking. If Rogers shows up and is ready to lead his team in an all out brawl, we can win. If he disappears like he has in our losses we'll get clobbered.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This is about exactly what I'm thinking. If Rogers shows up and is ready to lead his team in an all out brawl, we can win. If he disappears like he has in our losses we'll get clobbered.
Yeah. I’m not optimistic. But then again, with Leach I rarely am. Realistically, it’s not hard to see a blowout in either direction, or a very close game.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I said before LSU they might not win another game. They stole one against A&M but I still think they are done. They are a lot closer to the 2012 we believe state team than they’d like to admit.

Jul 5, 2020
Dart is a historical bust. To say that he can't get through his reads assumes he understands what reads are. He is incredibly uncomfortable in the pocket from the snap, and if there is any pressure he immediately pulls it down to run. Even when he has time, you can tell from his feet whether he is going to try to throw or just run based on his temperament. In other words, there are plenty of times where there is no immediate pressure and he still makes no effort to set his feet or run through reads.

The only pass he reliably completes is a slow developing playaction wheel route where the D bites on the RB. If that WR isn't open, he runs it. He has not matured at all during the season.

He is like a slower, less accurate Tebow. He also has the cheery, rah-rah of a Russell Wilson. We should toss his salad. Kiffin will only let him throw 15-20 times anyway, and he'll check/run out of a few of those.

If we stop Judkins/Evans, it's Dawgs by 14+

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah no **** . Bunch’s of b!thches

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
We can definitely win if we commit to running the ball and controlling the game. But we like to throw it 20-plus times in a row with a lead, so buckle up.

OM got ran out of the stadium against Arkansas but they still racked up 700yds. They aren't the best team in the world, but to act like they aren't a problem is foolish.

Will we take what they give us on offense and can we stop them from converting drives to points?

I know we can with this one. I also know we could lose by 30.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login