I actually think Wright didn’t play that bad yesterday…

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Outside of that first pass - he was serviceable throwing the ball. I thought we didn’t do enough with him in the running game to utilize his skills and get him to the edge. The one play we did was the crack back block. If Marks is going to get hurt every other series(that’s not a knock on marks) - Wright is our best runner. Use Pittman to bruise. Wright for speed. Run simple routes. RPO roll outs.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Love ya DS, but I disagree. He threw what would have been 3 picks against most teams we play. The play calling was as bad as ever too. And Marks has been banged up every year while here.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Outside of that first pass - he was serviceable throwing the ball. I thought we didn’t do enough with him in the running game to utilize his skills and get him to the edge. The one play we did was the crack back block. If Marks is going to get hurt every other series(that’s not a knock on marks) - Wright is our best runner. Use Pittman to bruise. Wright for speed. Run simple routes. RPO roll outs.
We seemed to be way too predictable with the run on 1st and 2nd down or get a fumbled snap or get a penalty forcing longer throws on 3rd and their D took advantage on those plays.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
He was indeed serviceable and my God it was nice seeing a QB run for a few yards with speed. Been a while that's been on our side of the ball
I was glad to see more QB draws too. I loved it when on 3rd and 11 vs Bama that we called that (actually hated the call) Rogers ran for about 15 on. I liked the one for 12 yards on the 2nd and 11 in the same game. Rogers again.

Reactions: onewoof

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Folks will come back down to earth next Saturday

Yeah, people are trying to convince themselves that this is going to work. It's not. As you can see with Freeze. If the QB is not a threat in the passing game, it does not matter if your QB can run. He's proving that right now.

Our staff is proving that they can not even call a good game.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I think he did ok but Arkansas is just terrible and looks like they’ve totally given up.

Next week will be a different story.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I was glad to see more QB draws too. I loved it when on 3rd and 11 vs Bama that we called that (actually hated the call) Rogers ran for about 15 on. I liked the one for 12 yards on the 2nd and 11 in the same game. Rogers again.
Wright had 85 yards rushing. Leading all rushers other than KJ who had 97.

Will's total rushing for a season might be 85?

Will Rogers.sixpack

Sep 25, 2022
I agree with you, but I will add that’s it’s easy to play serviceable and not that bad when your defense plays lights out and hold your opponent to 3 points the entire game.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
This is pretty much what I was hoping for us to see. I like Marks but we've got a lot of other guys who can do things just as good or better in the backfield. Pittman, Lee and Davis all should see more touches.

Dawg007

Jun 13, 2013
Offense could have definitely kept them more honest by mixing in some easier throws. I’m also glad I’m not the only one that notices Marks goes down every game and then miraculously comes back to life. Very Kylin Hill esq..

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
White: 145 total yards (85 passing, 60 rushing), 1TD, 1 INT, we score seven points against Ark. “He played pretty well.”
Rogers: 487 total yards (487 passing, 0 rushing), 1TD, 1INT, we score 30 points against SC. “Eh, he gets a C grade”
Our fans really have a hard on for any quarterback who can run, no matter what his stats are.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Offense could have definitely kept them more honest by mixing in some easier throws. I’m also glad I’m not the only one that notices Marks goes down every game and then miraculously comes back to life. Very Kylin Hill esq..
Can we stop with the comparing Woody Marks to Kylin Hill bullcrap. There’s no comparison. Marks is a warrior playing through legitimate injury.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
White: 145 total yards (85 passing, 60 rushing), 1TD, 1 INT, we score seven points against Ark. “He played pretty well.”
Rogers: 487 total yards (487 passing, 0 rushing), 1TD, 1INT, we score 30 points against SC. “Eh, he gets a C grade”
Our fans really have a hard on for any quarterback who can run, no matter what his stats are.
Actually the most amazing thing about these stats is that someone could throw 487 yds with 1 TD.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
And Auburn is proving that you are not going to win with a QB that can not throw it.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
We seemed to be way too predictable with the run on 1st and 2nd down or get a fumbled snap or get a penalty forcing longer throws on 3rd and their D took advantage on those plays.
That’s what happens when you are one dimensional.

We should take some shots deep down the field on first down though occasionally. If it’s picked off it’s a decent punt.

AdamDawgDude

May 28, 2007
We went super conservative with him after that first pick. I would use him similarly to the Arizona offense. If Zavion and Tulu are true game changers, then run those guys deep 1:1 and have them make plays. Mike can float it long and the opportunities will be there with everyone stacking the run.

Reactions: patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Captured the mental current state of Mississippi State fans in one post. Thank you.

At least they are happy. For now.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That’s what happens when you are one dimensional.

We should take some shots deep down the field on first down though occasionally. If it’s picked off it’s a decent punt.
Better than our punter? All signs point yes!!
Season 3 Message GIF by The Simpsons

I swear this is what we must be using to call plays during the game.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
500 yards. 1 TD. Basically in the red zone no one has to scout the QB. There's your answer

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
No, he had 60 rushing yards and that's hardly the point.

Love ya DS, but I disagree. He threw what would have been 3 picks against most teams we play. The play calling was as bad as ever too. And Marks has been banged up every year while here.
So AR has DBs that can't catch but "most teams" don't. You make up more crap to try to make it fit your narrative than anybody on this board.

Reactions: RockyDog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Wright had 85 yards rushing. Leading all rushers other than KJ who had 97.

Will's total rushing for a season might be 85?
Wills total for the season is -38 on 23 carries according to ESPN. Can you say 1 dimensional or single threat? No "spy" ever needed to cover him

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Yeah I tend to agree. He wasn’t terrible. Especially for his first start. I’ll be curious how they use him against auburn

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Wills total for the season is -38 on 23 carries according to ESPN. Can you say 1 dimensional or single threat? No "spy" ever needed to cover him

Yep. It's great that you are throwing these out there so we can get down to the brass tax of it. When asked to run, example Bama game, Rogers did well. When asked to run slow developing passing plays, the OL is still confused on who to block.... thus sacks and pressures.

None of that negates the facts that we have a decent RB room. So no, having a passing QB in the game does not make you 1 dimensional.

All of that is on coaching. We are ranked 79th in sacks allowed.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I thought our RB room was the deepest. Where were they yesterday? If Marks is only 70%, he should not play. He will only get another injury like he did yesterday.

We can win every game on our schedule. I am not saying we will win them, or we are a great team, but the remaining teams are all average. I think A&m is the toughest game. Most talented team on the schedule and it is on the road but seems like State beats them a bunch even when we think we can't.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
You said other teams would have made interceptions (3 you said). You have no proof whatsoever of that, you make up and spout crap out to try and support your man crush on Will, week in and week out.
What ever. LOL.. Defend that mess all you want. This has nothing to do with Rogers. It has to do with the product on the field. Tom Friggin Brady could not run this offense due to the coaching.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Who gave Will a C for the SC game? Defense is why we lost.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login