I actually think Wright didn’t play that bad yesterday…

Dawg007

Jun 13, 2013
Can we stop with the comparing Woody Marks to Kylin Hill bullcrap. There’s no comparison. Marks is a warrior playing through legitimate injury.
No. Because it’s true. I’m Bulldog through and through but this warrior thing is crap. I’m not saying he’s a bad player, but he has been taken off the field for the majority of games in his career at State. I know RB is not an easy position to play but come on man. Sunshine pump on the other page.

Reactions: Will Rogers.sixpack

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
No. Because it’s true. I’m Bulldog through and through but this warrior thing is crap. I’m not saying he’s a bad player, but he has been taken off the field for the majority of games in his career at State. I know RB is not an easy position to play but come on man. Sunshine pump on the other page.
I disagree. When a dude is running the ball with 3 foot tongue depressor running up his calf to his thigh - he's got something. They shouldn't have played him against Western Michigan. Give him 3 full weeks to heal.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
What ever. LOL.. Defend that mess all you want. This has nothing to do with Rogers. It has to do with the product on the field. Tom Friggin Brady could not run this offense due to the coaching.
I’m not sure he was defending anything. Some of you guys are trying to make arguments out of nothing.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
100% correct. Add in first start on the road against a solid defense. Army’s issue is offense. A lot left to be desired but I think we can win 2 more games with Wright

Reactions: GloryDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
You're just wrong. Wrong to the point of it having to be intentionally wrong. Because nobody's dumb enough to honestly think Woody is tapping out softly like Hill did.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
He didn't but the offense is so conservative with him in there and makes us so one dimensional. Once Arkansas adjusted to stop the run we didn't do much. He just can't hit the intermediate passes. Yes I know the pass to Robinson may have saved the game but unless we can stretch the field some we're going to continue to struggle.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
What ever. LOL.. Defend that mess all you want. This has nothing to do with Rogers. It has to do with the product on the field. Tom Friggin Brady could not run this offense due to the coaching.
"Whatever" is what my kids say when they are wrong and have nothing else to offer up and then they walk out the door.

"It has to do with the product on the field".

EXACTLY, "on the field" facts not your speculative make believe fairy tales! You are making out like Wright is an interception throwing machine that can occasionally run without showing any support for the claim. If you took the time to look up stats instead of making them up, you would see in 2020 through yesterdays debacle Wright has only thrown 12 interceptions in 356 attempts, that's 1 about every 30 attempts (Will's thrown 4 in 105 attempts this year, about 1 every 25 attempts) but you estimated Mike should have thrown 3 yesterday against good DBs that AR doesn't apparently have according to you. As for rushing, Wright's had 207 attempts for 1,106 for a 4.46 per carry avg in that same span, and that was playing for VANDY and us this year for 17s sake and not "Tom Friggin Bradys" offense. Just for your comparison, Will has negative rushing yards every season.

Wrights not great, maybe good at best. This season he's 16-23 (69.6%) w/ 1 int 1 TD and is avg 4.43 rushing yds per carry this season. He may not win another game this season but he started on the road yesterday in the conference for the first time with us and won. First time this season that's been done including against a turrible SC team on the road with the same record as AR. Go "LOL" at that for awhile

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I'll guarantee you the guys who have to tackle him think he's a warrior. Granted he get's banged up but he dishes out some punishment himself to to anybody trying to tackle him especially if it's one on one.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Neither QB is very good. Parson must not be very good either. Supposedly Whittemore took a good many snaps at QB the last two weeks.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
"Whatever" is what my kids say when they are wrong and have nothing else to offer up and then they walk out the door.

EXACTLY, "on the field" facts not your speculative make believe fairy tales! You are making out like Wright is an interception throwing machine that can occasionally run without showing any support for the claim. If you took the time to look up stats instead of making them up, you would see in 2020 through yesterdays debacle Wright has only thrown 12 interceptions in 356 attempts, that's 1 about every 30 attempts (Will's thrown 4 in 105 attempts this year, about 1 every 25 attempts) but you estimated Mike should have thrown 3 yesterday against good DBs that AR doesn't apparently have according to you. As for rushing, Wright's had 207 attempts for 1,106 for a 4.46 per carry avg in that same span, and that was playing for VANDY and us this year for 17s sake and not "Tom Friggin Bradys" offense. Just for your comparison, Will has negative rushing yards every season.

Wrights not great, maybe good at best. This season he's 16-23 (69.6%) w/ 1 int 1 TD and is avg 4.43 rushing yds per carry this season. He may not win another game this season but he started on the road yesterday in the conference for the first time with us and won. First time this season that's been done including against a turrible SC team on the road with the same record as AR. Go "LOL" at that for awhile
Wright threw a pick in 12 attempts. That is not a good ratio, it has never been a good ratio. In fact, his career ratio sucks. He has thrown 23 TDs vs 12 ints! That SUCKS!

But you just flat out lied on the stats. I get that you need to, but damn. First it's an INT per 29.6 passes. Second, you flat out lied by trying to only use a portion of Rogers passing. In fact, you chose to use his COMPLETION number this year instead of the attempts. Third you want to go over Wright's career, but not Rogers. You're a joke! In 1810 attempts Rogers has thrown 28 INTs. THAT SIR is 1 INT per 64.6 attempts. Fourth, THIS year, in this HORRIBLE offense and terrible coaching he is still averaging 1 int every 42.75 passes.

At Vandy, a friggin FRESHMAN beat him out of the starting job.

Oh... and yeah... I'm laughing hard right now!

Reactions: Nugdawg

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010

And I think he's got nowhere to go but up as he gets more reps. It's great to have a senior backup QB with all the physical tools needed at the position. He's just got to get the live reps and the offense will become more efficient as he gets more comfortable with his line and WR's.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Because it's poor coaching
Speaking of coaching, it looks like there was talent enough on defense all along. maybe they were just poorly coached. these narratives keep changing. the final offensive ranking and ppg stats ought to be interesting. auburns defense is going to be tough for this offense to score against

Reactions: knock him out john

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
And I think he's got nowhere to go but up as he gets more reps. It's great to have a senior backup QB with all the physical tools needed at the position. He's just got to get the live reps and the offense will become more efficient as he gets more comfortable with his line and WR's.
With good coaching Wright has some decent upside potential. I just don't know if we can provide that.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Wright has more limitations than Will but he's serviceable and is capable of breaking one. He might get a little more comfortable with the offense with a few more starts. We must have some backup rb's coaches have no confidence in. Woody's gonna end up like Earl Campbell after this season if he doesn't get a chance to heal.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Wright threw a pick in 12 attempts. That is not a good ratio, it has never been a good ratio. In fact, his career ratio sucks. He has thrown 23 TDs vs 12 ints! That SUCKS!

But you just flat out lied on the stats. I get that you need to, but damn. First it's an INT per 29.6 passes. Second, you flat out lied by trying to only use a portion of Rogers passing. In fact, you chose to use his COMPLETION number this year instead of the attempts. Third you want to go over Wright's career, but not Rogers. You're a joke! In 1810 attempts Rogers has thrown 28 INTs. THAT SIR is 1 INT per 64.6 attempts. Fourth, THIS year, in this HORRIBLE offense and terrible coaching he is still averaging 1 int every 42.75 passes.

Wright's stats came straight from cfbstats.com

Ah, so you want to use1 game yesterday with 12 attempts to get the INT ratio for Wright and I used his career to show he hasn't been this putrid QB you want him to be for some reason.

I said "1 ABOUT every 30 attempts", are you really splitting hairs between 29.6 attempts and 30 attempts, really?

And I used Wills stats this year because you've blamed his issues this season on "the system" in every post for weeks. We're not going to agree and you're a waste of my time now. Again, Mike may not win again but he hasn't been worse in this system than Will who wasn't getting it done either.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

Ah, so you want to use1 game yesterday with 12 attempts to get the INT ratio for Wright and I used his career to show he hasn't been this putrid QB you want him to be for some reason.

I said "1 ABOUT every 30 attempts", are you really splitting hairs between 29.6 attempts and 30 attempts, really?

And I used Wills stats this year because you've blamed his issues this season on "the system" in every post for weeks. We're not going to agree and you're a waste of my time now. Again, Mike may not win again but he hasn't been worse in this system than Will who wasn't getting it done either.
Don't lie. I gave ALL of the stats properly because you refused to.

- You lied and tried to use Rogers completion vs attempts. That's a fact. You used Wrights attempts to Rogers completion and you are not man enough to admit it.

- YEP.. I blame the staff for taking a vet team and totally F'n it up. YEP!

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Better than our punter? All signs point yes!!
Season 3 Message GIF by The Simpsons

I swear this is what we must be using to call plays during the game.
I didn’t hate our play calling but I’d like to go back and watch it again before I argue hard for it.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023

You can’t argue with Wyatt and the Rogers cult members. They are a delirious, desperate bunch

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Wright has more limitations than Will but he's serviceable and is capable of breaking one. He might get a little more comfortable with the offense with a few more starts. We must have some backup rb's coaches have no confidence in. Woody's gonna end up like Earl Campbell after this season if he doesn't get a chance to heal.
Like Earl Campbell ? In his dreams.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I cannot put very much of the blame on Mr. Wright right as much as our coaching staff, who more or less had two weeks to get ready and run that offensive game plan.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
DS I agree. He is a weapon and gives us a chance because he can create opportunities for others with his ability to run. He makes it much more difficult to defend us. He just needs confidence and more aggressive play calling but I understand them wanting to be conservative at this point.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Wills total for the season is -38 on 23 carries according to ESPN. Can you say 1 dimensional or single threat? No "spy" ever needed to cover him
Obviously Will is no threat to run, but let's not ignore the fact that sack yardage is counted in rushing totals. Will has been sacked 14 times for -82 yards. So omitting sacks, he has 9 carries for 44 yards.

Yes Will is one dimensional, but sack yardage counting in team and individual rushing stats is a pet peeve of mine.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
DS I agree. He is a weapon and gives us a chance because he can create opportunities for others with his ability to run. He makes it much more difficult to defend us. He just needs confidence and more aggressive play calling but I understand them wanting to be conservative at this point.
No sir, time is what he has had for his whole friggin career. He was and is not a dual threat. It makes it easier for the defense when they can just man up and cage him in.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

You need to get off Will Rogers' jock. You've been a punchline on this message board for years, but this is a bad take even for you.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Obviously Will is no threat to run, but let's not ignore the fact that sack yardage is counted in rushing totals. Will has been sacked 14 times for -82 yards. So omitting sacks, he has 9 carries for 44 yards.

Yes Will is one dimensional, but sack yardage counting in team and individual rushing stats is a pet peeve of mine.
The same can be said for Wright too. I'm sure he was sacked numerous times at Vandy........

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I think this board needs a refresher on what a dual threat QB is. It’s a QB who can run AND throw. Will can throw but can’t run. Wright can run but can’t throw. If he has over 120 passing yards in any game this season I’ll be surprised.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
White: 145 total yards (85 passing, 60 rushing), 1TD, 1 INT, we score seven points against Ark. “He played pretty well.”
Rogers: 487 total yards (487 passing, 0 rushing), 1TD, 1INT, we score 30 points against SC. “Eh, he gets a C grade”
Our fans really have a hard on for any quarterback who can run, no matter what his stats are.
It's hard to shake 110 years of history.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login