I assume this is some popular thing I'm just in the dark about, but what is the hand motion thing

PaleoorthoCock

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Jan 22, 2022
our players kept doing to taunt Oklahoma? Holding the nose and waving goodbye? Yall stink, goodbye? Or some deeper meaning? Lol! I've missed that in the past.

Great game yesterday!

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Cam Ward (Miami)really started making this really popular, and now college and pro players have started using it as well.
I read somewhere its called the Zombie (or something close).
You stink, so get away from me

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
It sucks; they need to cut that crap out. There's an anti-discipline trend that is infecting football now. I guess the most blatant recent example would be the Alabama player defying the coach who was trying to take him out of the game and the two USF players who got in a fight with each other on the sideline last night. But all these gesticulations to opposing fans are trashy - bush-league - low rent.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
It sucks; they need to cut that crap out. There's an anti-discipline trend that is infecting football now. I guess the most blatant recent example would be the Alabama player defying the coach who was trying to take him out of the game and the two USF players who got in a fight with each other on the sideline last night. But all these gesticulations to opposing fans are trashy - bush-league - low rent.
You have a point. Would be nice if you had the same energy for fans giving players the finger, telling them to go back to the ghetto just because they are losing a game, and worse gestures/name calling that has been going on for decades..

Reactions: joefanatic

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I would like to see us conduct ourselves as though we are familiar with success.

Beyond that, a team with a 4-3 record shouldn’t be talking trash.

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022
@adcoop brought "ghetto" into this thread so I will crystalize my thoughts: ghetto antics are taking over our collegiate sports (and youthful society, for that matter). It's not a good look. And if these athletes don't make it to "the league" it will not serve them well in other legal endeavors.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
@adcoop brought "ghetto" into this thread so I will crystalize my thoughts: ghetto antics are taking over our collegiate sports (and youthful society, for that matter). It's not a good look. And if these athletes don't make it to "the league" it will not serve them well in other legal endeavors.
So you really applying footbal to the regular world? That's a mistake. Sort of the same as the Dolphins hiring Cam Cameron as their coach instead of Mike Tomlin because he was so-called too Hip-Hop. Tomlin is a champion and still coaching with the Steelers. The Dolphins fired Cam Cameron after one year and have been a revolving door in their head coaching position ever since.

There is nothing wrong with the you stink gesture and that's why the refs don't penalize it. Now, the Dylan Stewart celebration is not acceptable in any form or fashion. However, to expect these players to take the abuse they get especially from opposing teams' fans and have no response back is absurd.

Last edited:

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I would like to see us conduct ourselves as though we are familiar with success.

Beyond that, a team with a 4-3 record shouldn’t be talking trash.
Could you see Jim Brown doing this crap? Or even Barry Sanders? Or even Tom Brady? Or condoning it?

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Could you see Jim Brown doing this crap? Or even Barry Sanders? Or even Tom Brady? Or condoning it?
....and Jim Brown retired from the NFL in 1965. King you are usually a smart guy, but you have a tendency to want to impose the standards of 60 years ago on everyone. I guess we all shouldn't be using the internet. We got along just fine without in the 1960's.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
....and you are absolutely wrong about Tom Brady. He did a lot of talking. Didn't come up with elaborate celebrations, but he let the other team know that they sucked all the time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login