I believe this is the most important season for the future of college football

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
and all eyes should be on Boulder, Colorado.

I'll admit that I just casually watched what Deion did at Jackson State, but Colorado is doing things that will change college football.

On Colorado's official roster, you will find social media profiles and a direct link ($) to give to the player's NIL. Every other team in America lists height, weight and hometown. Colorado athletes are getting Insta-famous and people are easily giving them money - it might as well be a Venmo link.

Something else I noticed - no captains at Colorado. They have L's and D's. Ls are leaders, Ds are Dawgs. High school recruits are eating this up.

Colorado had over 80 transfers from the portal this year. They basically flipped their team. If they have success, it will change how college football is played.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

I'll admit that I just casually watched what Deion did at Jackson State, but Colorado is doing things that will change college football.

On Colorado's official roster, you will find social media profiles and a direct link ($) to give to the player's NIL. Every other team in America lists height, weight and hometown. Colorado athletes are getting Insta-famous and people are easily giving them money - it might as well be a Venmo link.

Something else I noticed - no captains at Colorado. They have L's and D's. Ls are leaders, Ds are Dawgs. High school recruits are eating this up.

Colorado had over 80 transfers from the portal this year. They basically flipped their team. If they have success, it will change how college football is played.
Is calling someone a dawg a good thing? I know it is here, but what about at Colorado?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It probably is, but Colorado and Coach Prime are a sideshow at best. The people that REALLY matter for the future of the sport are wearing suits and ties.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022

Deion knows 1) how to coach and 2) what talent in which positions it takes to win.
He would’ve have been wildly successful here and the dumbasses saying otherwise don’t know the game.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It was impressive. I have never been a Deion fan but I found myself cheering for him. Anything that brings excitement to CFB that does not involve one of the Blue Blood schools is great.
Oh make no mistake, if he keeps winning, it’ll eventually involve a blue blood school

He’s no different than any other hired gun in that regard

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He would’ve have been wildly successful here and the dumbasses saying otherwise don’t know the game.

There’s no way to ever know that one way or the other, he hasn’t even been wildly successful at Colorado yet.

And I’m also unsure of who is even having this argument, or why? Are there people that think we ever had an option or a reasonable path to hire him or something? He took the Colorado job 8 days before Leach had the heart attack, and he wasn’t even hired at JSU until 8 months after we hired Leach.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
He’ll replace Napier at Florida if he can win 7-8 games the next two seasons. He’s out to get Florida State and that would be the ultimate revenge.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Would a blue blood want to be associated with his antics? I see the struggling former powers being open to him (UF, Miami, maybe even aTM) than schools that wouldn’t want his circus and clowns.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022

I clicked on the $ link out of curiosity. Not every player has it in their profile. The link is an invitation to join the NIL exchange, which you have to register for. The exchange allows you to make marketing offers directly to the players, which is monitored by the school.

I'm sure it's open to abuse, but it's not simply sending cash to players

OTOH, is giving money to players even wrong anymore? I mean, I won't because they probably make more money than me. But is the ol' $100 handshake still an issue?

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Deion knows 1) how to coach and 2) what talent in which positions it takes to win.
I wouldn't say he coaches. Talks a lot. Motivates. But it's really only about getting the best players and paying them bags. That's all it is.

Deion is also always about Deion. Chasing his own bag with the cameras rolling. 24x7. He's literally filming his own story for money right now.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023

That has been on State's rosters for all sports for 6+ months.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
77BA0F2D-6941-4141-98A3-090AB7F0C7CF.jpeg

So for $87 he'll come visit me but his autograph costs $373? Seems backwards.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
State’s website has these links too. It’s the shopping cart on the roster screen.

I initially thought it was a screw-up on their CMS, but it’s a link to each player’s opendorse.

5C8FBE6C-2991-497D-BB33-D52E239287F5.jpeg

Reactions: ChE1997
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login