I did not realize how bad last season affected our team.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You have to fall to the bottom ever to start moving up. As far as I can remember, this is about as far down as we have been since Tech and 10.

It is not over, but our staff has to get serious now.

Reactions: Anon1665155225

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
It seems like the portal has made it where you can build quickly, but just as easily fall apart quickly.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It's going to take us a long time to get back to the level of football we expect. It is early, but God, we look terrible as a team.
It's not just last year. It's everything since Mullen left. Literally everything we have done since then has turned out to be wrong. Hopefully Cohen can do as good a job for Auburn football as he did for us. The worst mistake was hiring Mike Leach. It was an easy, lazy hire that was sure to be lauded. Some of us knew what it meant, and would mean....and here we are. Hopefully Lebby can salvage something from the wreckage. We are looking at the Shirra era, welcome to the 1960s boys/

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah I hope it is just a matter of one bad staff.

However I'm afraid it is the last staff, the transfer portal and nil. Not to mention all the other fundamental limitations Mississippi State has.

Reactions: TilloDwg

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
It's going to take us a long time to get back to the level of football we expect. It is early, but God, we look terrible as a team.
We have no players on defense. Most of our defenses best guys last year played with Jeffrey Simmons. This is a result of a regime that completely missed the mark in recruiting.

Reactions: Studentdawg06

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Arnette didn’t recruit jack crap for his defense through four years. He checked out as HC about two games in and left nothing for the next coach to work with. Unfortunately our new AD and HC hired their buddies and they are singularly focused on offense. This season will be worse than last year and I’m not sure if they know how to build a program, especially being a small fish with limited resources in a large pond.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Arnette didn’t recruit jack crap for his defense through four years. He checked out as HC about two games in and left nothing for the next coach to work with. Unfortunately our new AD and HC hired their buddies and they are singularly focused on offense. This season will be worse than last year and I’m not sure if they know how to build a program, especially being a small fish with limited resources in a large pond.
This is why I wanted a season head coach. Should have gone after cignetti. Everyone likes flashy offense though. It's still early. I wanted to see how lebby would adjust now's his chance. Not good in first half half time, 3rd quarter better fix the huge hole in the line. Unfortunately I see the same issues as last week running the ball. We weren't getting huge holes up middle last week against fcs school.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
This is why I wanted a season head coach. Should have gone after cignetti. Everyone likes flashy offense though. It's still early. I wanted to see how lebby would adjust now's his chance. Not good in first half half time, 3rd quarter better fix the huge whole in the line. Unfortunately I see the same issues as last week running the ball. We weren't getting huge wholes up middle last week against fcs school.
They’re working, they’re trying. Right now the team is just remarkably thin on talent along both lines of scrimmage. The LB corps isn’t much better but at least they aren’t really undersized. It’s going to take a couple of years and some luck to rebuild the roster.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Need a good DL coach that loves to recruit. Turner is old and tired. Also we should’ve retained McBath, he had a lot of momentum going recruiting DB’s

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
This is why I wanted a season head coach. Should have gone after cignetti. Everyone likes flashy offense though. It's still early. I wanted to see how lebby would adjust now's his chance. Not good in first half half time, 3rd quarter better fix the huge whole in the line. Unfortunately I see the same issues as last week running the ball. We weren't getting huge wholes up middle last week against fcs school.
A Good HC runs a whole program, Leach was good at that, that’s what you’d get with someone like a Fritz or an experienced HC. Big gamble when your HC and Dc are green.

CDawg08

Oct 5, 2022
The reality is he’s learning how to be a head coach. He’s been an offensive coach and player so now he’s going to learn the hard way what a defense really means in terms of recruiting and overall health of the program. I think he will eventually be an excellent coach but there’s always a curve and he’s not quite there just yet.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Well never get that bc our fans don't like NIL.
This is pretty spot on. I recently had a pretty eye opening conversation with someone about our recruiting , the Bulldog Club, and our NIL. If it's any consolation we're not last, Vandy as expected holds that distinction. We're not even next to last, surprisingly South Carolina dropped the ball worse than we did. The gap between us and the haves of the SEC is huge.

Reactions: BoDawg.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login