I don’t expect us to change our identity Thursday.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I hear a lot of people saying that this is a bad matchup for State's offense because the way to beat Ole Miss is to run the ball.

Ole Miss's SEC-only pass defense stats:
statSEC rank
68% completion percentage allowed13th
7.8 yards per pass attempt allowed10th
16 passing TDs allowed11th
2 INTs13th
157.05 passer rating allowed13th
29.4 pass attempts against per game3rd (fewest)
229.1 passing yards allowed per game8th

By comparison, opponents are averaging 40.14 rush attempts for 195.43 rushing yards per game against Ole Miss, both 10th in the SEC. And they've allowed 13 rushing TDs (7th in the SEC).

Don't know how much of a factor the weather will be, but I don't expect Leach to change his game plan because of the opponent.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You can throw all that out the window. Whoever has the most hate in their heart will win the EB. I haven’t seen enough piss and vinegar out of a Leach team to get me remotely excited about this game. I hope they prove me wrong.
You just haven’t watched. Or, don’t know what to look for.

I do agree that whichever team brings the pain will win. That will likely be us.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
We ain't running the ball 40 times so Ole Miss can concentrate on stopping the short passes we throw all the time. Plus Rogers doesn't handle pressure well. I remember being disappointed last year because I was confident we'd win. Not this time. I'd love to see Rogers with a second half against Auburn in 2021 type of game. We had a key player needed to win this game, Dillon Johnson, but he's hurt, I guess. Woody is great but he just doesn't run with power the way Dillon does.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
You just haven’t watched. Or, don’t know what to look for.

I do agree that whichever team brings the pain will win. That will likely be us.
D00D, get some street cred first before making judgement poasts

you are the laughing stock of SPS

was21

May 29, 2007
The game plan ain't the problem. We've got to execute the plan, kick their arses in individual matchups and "leave no doubt" who the he bull in the pasture is.
Line of scrimmage is key like it always is...especially in this matchup.

Reactions: bolddogge

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
I think we come out like we did against Memphis, punch them right in the mouth

they will see quite a bit of Dillon Johnson, he is well rested.

they won’t have fresh legs

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The absolute worst place to watch a game is from the stands, but didn't we do more rushes around the edge and a jet sweep or two against ETSU?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Wow. Didn't realize they were that bad against the pass too. That's a good sign. I think the key to the game will be can we contain Dart and their 2 RBs in the run game. If we can force Dart to try to beat us with his arm, I like our chances.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login