I got the covid, or something covid like

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
This thread was originally meant to be about Target. (I looked in a covid stupor for a Target thread, but didn't see it.) Anyway, I tested negative for covid, but everything feels like it, probably the worst that I have had it (third time I have had it).

Last edited:

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
I tested - last week, but very sick.
Ms skipper is + and can’t hardly get out of bed (no pics)

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
I had COVID for the third time back in August along with strep. No doubt this was the worse I have felt in my entire life. At the rate I'm going I should plan on catching COVID again in 2026.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I got it back in July. Felt like the Rona. Tested negative. Also tested negative for regular flu. no fever. Just tired as hell and congested. Took me about 10 days to get over it. They game me
Tamiflu. Couldn’t tell if it did much.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I didn't get tested, but pretty sure i got it from a meeting back in early August (everyone tested +). A dexadron (spelling?) shot and behind the counter (real) Sudafed probably is the best treatment. Mine wasn't bad, just congestion, etc. I think mucinex (spelling?) also helped. I have no idea if you can mix these medications, I'm tougher than a two dollar steak, so mixing these meds with alcohol didn't bother me.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I got it a few weeks ago. My daughter brought it home from school. I’ve only had it once before, but this time was way worse and seemed like it lasted a lot longer.

maroontide06

Dec 14, 2023
I got it a few weeks ago. My daughter brought it home from school. I’ve only had it once before, but this time was way worse and seemed like it lasted a lot longer.
I got it about a month ago as well, but it was my first time ever getting it and me and my boy both tested positive on the same day. They put him on a z-pak and liquid steroid (not the Barry Bonds type). They gave me the z-pak, prednisone pills, and also the anti-viral medicine Paxlovid. The anti-viral medicine worked wonders.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Vitamin D, C and Zinc noticeably help me. Whenever I do get sick, I tend to bounce back pretty quick compared to others.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I had it 3 weeks ago (did test positive). 102.4 fever, splitting headache, bad sore throat, greasy weird feeling/coating in my mouth and lost taste for most foods but not all. Wife got it too a few days later. Taste has come back now but still have the weird slick greasy metallic feeling in my mouth and I still have no energy at all.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I had it a while back for the first time although I never tested positive. Dr said it was just the latest version of Covid he didn't care what the test said. I just had a bad cold for a few days that turned into a two month cough. I think I took more steroids than Barry Bonds. Quit drinking and practically quit eating and still gained 15 pounds My throat closed up like a woman's legs after you say I Do!

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
I picked something up when I was in AZ for 10 days. ‘Bout to shake it now but been feeling bad since last Sunday morning, coughing, wheezin’ & the like. Finally spitting some good ole yeller flem up today, so thinkin’ it’s about to pass. All I took was cough med & cough drops. Definitely something different than I’ve ever had before and I usually only get sinus colds but did have the flu for the first time in my life back in January.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Dr said it was just the latest version of Covid he didn't care what the test said.
I asked what the latest news was on vaccines? He said the vaccine that is available today was for the variant that was active 2 years ago so in other words useless. He thinks it's going to be like the flu, a different variant every year and says he just hopes it doesn't revert to something like we had in '20 which wasn't totally out of the question

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
My Dr recommended vaccines early on for oldies like me but last year or 2 he’s not recommending them. Seems like there is still a divide on weather they they are more harmful than good. Don’t mean to start a debate.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
the flu a was going around Austin when moved daughter in for school. wife and daughter got it 4 weeks later wife still coughing and she tested positive for flu neg for Covid. It was bad

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
I’ve been sick for 12 damn days now. Worst I’ve felt in my life that I can remember. Started getting better after day 6, but it’s been rough. I refuse to get tested for COVID, but symptoms seem to add up.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I've only had Covid once, but had the first two shots and 3 boosters. Is there another booster I should take? Any new ones available? I have a lot of comorbidities and really don't need to battle Covid any more. Trying to avoid it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I had it last week and didn't realize. Thought it was maybe allergies for a day and a half, then figured it was a mild cold. I was just as active as usual thru it, kept working, etc.
Gave it to my wife, and probably gave it to a ton of others.

Decided to test when my parents both said they have it and my wife tested.
A day and a half later I was negative, so I definitely superspread the crap out of it before finding out.

Sucks, but it's endemic now and it was so mild that I didnt even think to test.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I didn't get tested, but pretty sure i got it from a meeting back in early August (everyone tested +). A dexadron (spelling?) shot and behind the counter (real) Sudafed probably is the best treatment. Mine wasn't bad, just congestion, etc. I think mucinex (spelling?) also helped. I have no idea if you can mix these medications, I'm tougher than a two dollar steak, so mixing these meds with alcohol didn't bother me.
None of the over the counter medications do anything to help cure. They only provide relief by masking the symptoms for a short period. There is also a chance that later on you could be asked to call a lawyers office if you or some one you know took these over the counter medications.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Respiratory viruses are moving targets and morph quickly. Flu, COVID etc. Your immune system has to learn what it's fighting. Thankfully it KINDA knows what COVID is now. It also KINDA knows what the flu is. Here's the tough reality. Once your over about 40 years old, your immune system ain't that strong anymore. It needs help, it's weaker every year. Not telling you what to do, just realize that is a fact.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Once you’re over about 40 years old, your immune system ain't that strong anymore. It needs help, it's weaker every year. Not telling you what to do, just realize that is a fact.
Something’s definitely changed with me. I’m nearing 44 soon. I’ve had sinus mess off & on all summer long. Best I can tell, every time I mow my yard it causes me to feel like crap 2 days later. I’ve tried taking Zyrtec but makes no difference (guess I should try something else)

Never had problems in the past

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
I was in the crowd of "ive probably had it and never knew it"......well in mid August, didnt feel well on the road, and middle of the night in my hotel, i woke up soaking wet with sweat....was at urgent med at 730am next morning.....tested positive for covid, and I now know that I have never had covid until now.....here it is, 1 month later, and I still cannot taste my food....paxlovid, and about 3 other meds knocked out major symptoms quickly....but was still only about 80% up until about 10 days ago....it sucked.....but no where near top 5 illnesses of my life....

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I asked what the latest news was on vaccines? He said the vaccine that is available today was for the variant that was active 2 years ago so in other words useless. He thinks it's going to be like the flu, a different variant every year and says he just hopes it doesn't revert to something like we had in '20 which wasn't totally out of the question
Same thing mine said. He’s an older family Dr who had it in 20, ended up on a ventilator and almost died. He’s pretty well versed on Covid.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Something’s definitely changed with me. I’m nearing 44 soon. I’ve had sinus mess off & on all summer long. Best I can tell, every time I mow my yard it causes me to feel like crap 2 days later. I’ve tried taking Zyrtec but makes no difference (guess I should try something else)

Never had problems in the past
I’ve been an allergy sufferer most of my life. Spring and fall tear me up, especially mowing and bush hogging. One Zyrtec or one Claritin won’t do it. Start taking one per day and take them throughout your allergy season. That will help a lot. Rotate periodically between the various drugs as you will build up a resistance to each one after you’ve taken them for awhile. I’ve been taking one of the over counter non drowsy allergy medications for 20 years.

Reactions: kired

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The COVID hit Columbus a couple of months ago. My mother was in The Vineyard recovering from a broken hip. I didn't wear a mask or do anything special to prevent getting it. I take a daily dose of D3 and a multivitamin with Zinc and Magnesium in it. I got a little sick for a couple of days then I was fine.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Yep, new normal… thanks to the Wuhan lab and the people who funded it and got rich from it.
#ItDidntComeFrom A Bat
Crazy, but the richest companies are the trillion dollar tech companies, the phone you're holding to fight about it online, the apps you're using to argue and endlessly speculate about it. They are the ones making the real money.

It's crazy to think all of the below were invented for money or world population control:

Bubonic plague
Smallpox
Spanish flu
HIV AIDS
COVID 19
Polio
(about 25 others)

Man these money makers and population control companies have been busy and successful throughout centuries. Impressed.

Here's something to think about. Why did the Spanish flu kill so many more people than Covid when the world is much more densely populated now vs 1917.

1000007561.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

fang

Nov 29, 2010
My Dr recommended vaccines early on for oldies like me but last year or 2 he’s not recommending them. Seems like there is still a divide on weather they they are more harmful than good. Don’t mean to start a debate.
Honest question - anyone know if Bill Shankley is still above ground??

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I had it last week and didn't realize. Thought it was maybe allergies for a day and a half, then figured it was a mild cold. I was just as active as usual thru it, kept working, etc.
Gave it to my wife, and probably gave it to a ton of others.

Decided to test when my parents both said they have it and my wife tested.
A day and a half later I was negative, so I definitely superspread the crap out of it before finding out.

Sucks, but it's endemic now and it was so mild that I didnt even think to test.
It’s possible I had a mild case somewhere along the way. I’ve tested myself when I had a sinus flare up but always negative. Hard to believe I’ve never had it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Did all you guys that keep getting sick ever take the covid vaccines? Any boosters?
I took a J&J vaccine when it first came out and a Pfizer maybe a year later, no boosters. 3 weeks ago was the first time I've had it. Edited to say I had just spent a week at a conference in Charlotte around a couple hundred people then 12 hrs in Atlanta airport around thousands from all over the world so.....

Reactions: bulldoghair

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I got really sick with a respiratory ailment and so did 2 of my co-workers in November of 2019. They both ended up with pneumonia (the younger of the two in ICU) I ended up with bronchitis that hung on for weeks. Doctors didn't have a clue what our original ailment was. I recovered but have had several bouts with sinus infections/chest congestion and am way more sensitive to dust than I've ever been. Had Covid in August of 2022. I'll always wonder about 2019 though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login