I have a confession to make...

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
For the first time ever, after 50 years of attending and cheering for Bulldog football, we left at halftime. There was no emotion, no anger, no feelings at all except maybe profound saddest for all the fans who contributed to a genuinely great game day experience. The product on the field was one of the poorest I have witnessed at State and I have seen many bad ones. Maybe Sunday morning, the endless hope for the program will find rebirth but I really don't see that happening without some major tough decisions being made by leadership. 'Nuff said.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
For the first time ever, after 50 years of attending and cheering for Bulldog football, we left at halftime. There was no emotion, no anger, no feelings at all except maybe profound saddest for all the fans who contributed to a genuinely great game day experience. The product on the field was one of the poorest I have witnessed at State and I have seen many bad ones. Maybe Sunday morning, the endless hope for the program will find rebirth but I really don't see that happening without some major tough decisions being made by leadership. 'Nuff said.
Watched the second half of Bama/LSU. Only checked our score one time.

I watched every gawd awful snap - it’s kind of like rubbernecking when passing an accident and you can’t stop looking at it

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Watching Parson gives folks reason for hope. That's why we've gotta shitcan this coach and start fresh this morning.
The only way Selmon can muster support from the fanbase is for him to fire Arnett this week. Otherwise, he will be known as a milquetoast AD.

Reactions: dawgenstein

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
I wanted to watch tonight just to see these uniforms and helmets again. Looked incredible. Missed the first quarter since I was hunting and watched the second. Didn’t watch any of the second half really. Watched LSU Bama but had the play by play on my phone and would switch back just to watch Parson lead the offense. He actually brought some energy and fire to the offense and moved the ball fairly well when he wasn’t running for his life getting intentional grounding penalties. Parson, Seth Davis and Whitmore give me hope as really talented freshmen if we can hold onto them

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
The only way Selmon can muster support from the fanbase is for him to fire Arnett this week. Otherwise, he will be known as a milquetoast AD.
Maybe that's the only way he gets support from you, but who becomes our interim coach if that happens? Maybe Arnett agrees to finish out the season as a lame duck?

Selmon better be looking for a new coach, but the actual firing can wait.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I know as a Bulldog fan it is time to get excited about the next QB. BUT, he totally threw behind Tulu on a wide open touchdown. AND he wasn't exactly Harry Houdini.

With that said, he does need to start the rest of the season.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
I was right behind you exiting the stadium. Left 5 minuets deep into the third quarter. Ghost Selmon needs to say something anything. Because he’s losing the fan base. For me personally I spend a lot money every home game for me wife kids and grandkids. I’ve been at every home game this year. Seriously doubt I’ll be doing it again next year. That makes me really sad because nobody loves this university more.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Ghost Selmon needs to say something anything. Because he’s losing the fan base.

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I was right behind you exiting the stadium. Left 5 minuets deep into the third quarter. Ghost Selmon needs to say something anything. Because he’s losing the fan base. For me personally I spend a lot money every home game for me wife kids and grandkids. I’ve been at every home game this year. Seriously doubt I’ll be doing it again next year. That makes me really sad because nobody loves this university more.
Ok so what does he need to be saying? This is silly.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Ok so what does he need to be saying? This is silly.
I’ve never seen an AD so vilified before he had any real decisions to make. I’ve heard Lemonis, but given the timing of his arrival and our proximity to a natty, I think that would’ve been knee jerk and the opposite of good leadership.

The hatred for Selmon to date is inexplicable. I do see one major difference in him and prior ADs at state…

Mts68

Aug 22, 2012
A couple of numb nuts that ***** about everything say something about the AD and that’s where your mind goes. Geez

Reactions: Maroon13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’ve never seen an AD so vilified before he had any real decisions to make. I’ve heard Lemonis, but given the timing of his arrival and our proximity to a natty, I think that would’ve been knee jerk and the opposite of good leadership.

The hatred for Selmon to date is inexplicable. I do see one major difference in him and prior ADs at state…
Oh dear God. And you and your pal @DesotoCountyDawg say I'm the dickhead? Wow

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Selmon needs to be given some slack for not firing Lemonis. A brand new, first time AD isn’t going to come in and have his first big decision be firing the only coach who has won a national title in the school’s history just two years after he won it. He also isn’t going to fire Arnett in the middle of the season. That would be madness. Now, if we don’t significantly improve in baseball this season and he still doesn’t fire Lemonis, then we can complain. I will also be disappointed if we don’t fire Arnett. To me, he is an interim coach in all but title. Get rid of him and get a full time coach in here as soon as this season ends.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Uh ok. Don’t know I would have thrown the race card out there but you do you.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013

Jesus, this isn't hard....when things are going to absolute ****, the guy who is in charge can't be -- or even appear to be -- totally MIA. For someone who loves to make reference to their leadership experience/expertise, I feel like you should grasp this very simple concept.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020

When i take care of patients i have to talk to the families. It doesnt matter how hard I work on their family member, if they dont see me they assume I am not doing anything and I don’t care. That is alL this is with Selmon. There was pretty universal excitement when he was hired.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Uh ok. Don’t know I would have thrown the race card out there but you do you.
I’m genuinely puzzled and suspect that we all have blind spots, not overtly racist, but perhaps since consciously it plays a role? I cant reconcile the vitriolic response at this point in his career here and I can’t recall that kind of venom toward a previous AD. I could also be 100% wrong, AND I’m not calling out any poster at all. Just a good chance to hold up a mirror and ask why we disapprove of Selmon less than a year in with no big decisions under his belt?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m genuinely puzzled and suspect that we all have blind spots, not overtly racist, but perhaps since consciously it plays a role? I cant reconcile the vitriolic response at this point in his career here and I can’t recall that kind of venom toward a previous AD. I could also be 100% wrong, AND I’m not calling out any poster at all. Just a good chance to hold up a mirror and ask why we disapprove of Selmon less than a year in with no big decisions under his belt?
I would chalk it up to the culture of instant gratification. “I want it to happen and I wanted it to happen yesterday.”

Reactions: AFDawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Jesus, this isn't hard....when things are going to absolute ****, the guy who is in charge can't be -- or even appear to be -- totally MIA. For someone who loves to make reference to their leadership experience/expertise, I feel like you should grasp this very simple concept.
If I’m in his shoes I’m need to know on everything. I assume he is evaluating and planning and per good leadership not vetting that with the general population. Leaders don’t conduct popularity polls, try lead from their strengths. Hopefully he’s doing that. I simply assume he is doing his job until is see reason to assume otherwise.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Throwing race into it was ridiculous. There are idiots everywhere but this isn't fvcking ole miss. Every AD not named Byrne has been shlt on by this fan base over the last 30 years and none of those other guys were black. To say Selmon has gotten more vitriol than the others is not just wrong...it's dishonest.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
When i take care of patients i have to talk to the families. It doesnt matter how hard I work on their family member, if they dont see me they assume I am not doing anything and I don’t care. That is alL this is with Selmon. There was pretty universal excitement when he was hired.

My opinion: When he starts talking about our coaching situations I hope it is long past when he has viable candidates identified, and maybe even begun interviewing. Logically that would be late November, post egg bowl. Anything else is just a distraction and not beneficial.

Reactions: vandaldawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I would chalk it up to the culture of instant gratification. “I want it to happen and I wanted it to happen yesterday.”
Possible for sure. Likely most of it is frustration with sucking pointed at the man in charge, understandable, but not really logical at this point. Expecting logic and reason is often my downfall…

Reactions: vandaldawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Throwing race into it was ridiculous. There are idiots everywhere but this isn't fvcking ole miss. Every AD not named Byrne has been shlt on by this fan base over the last 30 years and none of those other guys were black. To say Selmon has gotten more vitriol than the others is not just wrong...it's dishonest.
At this point. The other got a chance to screw up first

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I am still not yet convinced that Selmon exists
I would laugh at this, but it’s true. What should he say? He should say something, even if it’s not about football to let us know that he is around and paying attention. I have never seen someone so easily excused for someone who has not been visible Even before we started this **** show.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
At this point. The other got a chance to screw up first
No they didn't.

I don't even see vitriol. I just see a couple of folks commenting on where he is. We haven't even given him a childish nickname or named a pissing wall after him yet. All this 'vitriol' exists in your head.

Why weren't you virtue signaling and calling everyone antisemitic when we were giving cohen hell? We were a helluva lot worse on him.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I would laugh at this, but it’s true. What should he say? He should say something, even if it’s not about football to let us know that he is around and paying attention. I have never seen someone so easily excused for someone who has not been visible Even before we started this **** show.
He's very visible. He talks about it publicly. I shared my story after the WMU game. He knows the score.

He's not going to call a press conference to tell us he's working on it. For all we know, he wants to make a move and keenum is holding him back. But this narrative of him not being visible just isn't true. He's more visible (exponentially) than his previous two predecessors combined.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
I’m genuinely puzzled and suspect that we all have blind spots, not overtly racist, but perhaps since consciously it plays a role? I cant reconcile the vitriolic response at this point in his career here and I can’t recall that kind of venom toward a previous AD. I
We nicknamed the pissers on the west side of Davis Wade the “Templeton troughs” and I remember a ton of vitriol thrown at him. So yes. There has been an AD catch a ton of hell before.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
This! I was more critical of Larry Templeton and still am to this day. It had or has nothing to do with his race or his religion. I refuse to sit on my hands while someone says, "Give him/her a break because ...." If you take the job then you inherit everything that goes with it regardless of race, color or creed.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I told my son walking out last night I spend all this money for season tickets, and I get **** for it, but I also told him some families can't afford season tickets, then plan and spend a lot of their deposable income just to make one game and they get this. I really feel for them. I have had some really fun seasons. Too be honest it hasn't been as fun as it was when Mullen was there. We had some good years with Mullen but even in down years we had bitching and moaning but it was still fun.

Moorehead years were just miserable. A lot of talent and again poor coaching. Should have made some noise.

Leach years did not get fun until his last season and then middle ways we were wondering how it was going to turn out. The first few years wasn't fun at all.

Arnett started out feeling like it was going to be a fun year, but it is horrible. My son said he did not want to go back up there this season. So, I will see if I will make another.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login