I have been sick with a cough since September 8th

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
The day after we played ASU. I don't know if it is covid or what. I would add that apparently we have some black mold in our home that will be removed tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: bulldoghair

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I got COVID around the first of August at a meeting (never got tested, but everyone else tested positive). My biggest issue was massive congestion with a little cough, sneezing etc. Three weeks later I still had the congestion with ears stopped up, finally went and got a decadron (spelling ?) shot and that knocked it out.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
I’ve had a cough for about two weeks, my wife had it for about two or three weeks before me. My Mom had it for a couple of months (in her eighties), my Dad had a cough before he died, the docs were waiting for it to subside so they could get his heart back in rhythm. None of them had Covid or Flu, so I haven’t been tested. Never felt ill/bad, just coughing. Just wish this would subside, it’s diminishing w/OTC medicine. The rest of Ninjacof my wife had left didn’t do much, I will never again take any of the stuff she got when that didn’t work for her. I took 3/4 of a dose of Promethazine and felt very f*cky last Friday. Maybe I should have been drinking before work **

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
One of our daughters had a really bad cough in late July. After multiple trips to the doctor and missing 7 days of school she’s finally better. She got an ear infection and a sinus infection from it. Tested negative for Covid. Whatever it was she couldn’t shake it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I had Covid first week of August (test confirmed it), still have congestion, ringing ears, and drainage. Taking OTC cold stuff so I can sleep but it's getting old......Wife had it a week later and still hacking, coughing, sneezing

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I had it in the spring. Tested negative for Covid. I didn’t have congestion in my chest , it was inflammation in my throat in the larynx area. Took months to get over it. Nothing would touch the cough until Dr gave me something he called liquid Lortabs. It would literally put me to sleep for 10-12 hours but it stopped the cough long enough for the inflammation to subside. Funny story, Old Dr told me not to take this unless I was getting in the bed. Pharmacist preached, don’t let anyone know you have this, junkies will break in your house. Don’t take this unless you are in the bed. I had moved to the guest room because the coughing was keeping Mrs up. First couple of nights I took it as I lay down and slept like I hadn’t in months. Third or fourth night I took it before taking my shower, took my shower and went to bed. The next morning I got up and looked in the mirror, hair was sticking up everywhere, there was white goop all in my hair, I was sticky and had a film all over my body. I thought, my god I’ve thrown up in the bed and didn’t even realize it due to the drugs. I jump in the shower and as soon as the water hits me I start to foam up and it hits me, I had taken the medicine pre shower the night before and then taken a shower. I had soaped up and forgot to rinse off because the cough medicine had kicked in. I went to bed covered in shampoo and soap suds and didn’t even know it. Sheets looked like the shroud of Turin. From them on I started weening myself off that stuff and didn’t take it until I was getting in the bed. Morphine is the only thing I’ve ever had that hit quicker or harder than that stuff.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
my just had the Rona for the 4th time. I think I had it . cough-sneeze-felt like warmed over ****.. feel ok taday. hope it is gone.

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
I had it in the spring. Tested negative for Covid. I didn’t have congestion in my chest , it was inflammation in my throat in the larynx area. Took months to get over it. Nothing would touch the cough until Dr gave me something he called liquid Lortabs. It would literally put me to sleep for 10-12 hours but it stopped the cough long enough for the inflammation to subside. Funny story, Old Dr told me not to take this unless I was getting in the bed. Pharmacist preached, don’t let anyone know you have this, junkies will break in your house. Don’t take this unless you are in the bed. I had moved to the guest room because the coughing was keeping Mrs up. First couple of nights I took it as I lay down and slept like I hadn’t in months. Third or fourth night I took it before taking my shower, took my shower and went to bed. The next morning I got up and looked in the mirror, hair was sticking up everywhere, there was white goop all in my hair, I was sticky and had a film all over my body. I thought, my god I’ve thrown up in the bed and didn’t even realize it due to the drugs. I jump in the shower and as soon as the water hits me I start to foam up and it hits me, I had taken the medicine pre shower the night before and then taken a shower. I had soaped up and forgot to rinse off because the cough medicine had kicked in. I went to bed covered in shampoo and soap suds and didn’t even know it. Sheets looked like the shroud of Turin. From them on I started weening myself off that stuff and didn’t take it until I was getting in the bed. Morphine is the only thing I’ve ever had that hit quicker or harder than that stuff.
You sure you wasn’t so knocked out and ms Dawg got you all “lathered up” in the night.

wasabaka

Sep 17, 2012
Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login