I have been thinking about it for a while now and I think I may have an answer to our football problem.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Money.
1. We spend enough money to get a really good Athletic Director.
2. We give him enough money to spend to obtain the best coach that we can possibly get.
3. We gave him enough money to get the best assistant coaches available in college football.
4. We put a lot more money into NIL so that we can buy more more quality players.

Now... Does anybody have an idea how we can get all this money?
Easiest way, just set up "salary" goals for each position on the field. We need around 6.5 million dollars to field a team worth a crap, per year.
6.5 million = approx 30,000 @ 20 per person per month is a good start. We need 30k fans to fork over $20 per month for 5 years to make a dent.

If we got 45k fans at 20/month, we would have a surplus of around 4 million.

Now, who is complaining and who needs to pony up. Hell I will pay 200 per month, but I want at least access to club level tickets. I will buy them, they just have to let me buy them.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I didn't deny what you said or any other other suggestions in this thread. I just said it would take money to make it happen. I don't know how simpler I can explain it than that.
We need money, and then more extra money than our competition. That is the only way it will work.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Money.
1. We spend enough money to get a really good Athletic Director.
2. We give him enough money to spend to obtain the best coach that we can possibly get.
3. We gave him enough money to get the best assistant coaches available in college football.
4. We put a lot more money into NIL so that we can buy more more quality players.

Now... Does anybody have an idea how we can get all this money?
Tell the boosters which way to bet to win tons of money on each game going forward. Give them $20M to do so. Put the money back in the account after they win so it doesn't look suspicious.
Personally, I think this is already happening in college football. Great way to fund your program. Just make sure you don't use the Alabama baseball model.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Is it really worth it? I mean, really.
Ole Miss seems to have done 2-3-4. And they legit got a good Coach for their investment and now they'll be getting more NIL money to pay for more quality players - cause everybody loves a winner.
They may even win the West this year or in the next few years as long as Kiffin stays there - and why would he want to go anywhere else at this point.
But...
I'm glad our fans and the Cigar boys see little value in trying to keep up with the Jones' in Oxford. Because in the grand scheme of things.
IT JUST DOESN"T MATTER or mean all that much in Starkville.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login