I hope I'm just being paranoid, but....

patdog

May 28, 2007
is there any chance that Doc leaving could be used by LT in a power play to keep his job after all? I sure hope not, but the main person who wanted LT gone is now gone himself. And it's not like LT hasn't undone things in the past (like the performance review of the athletic dept. the college board authorized). If this happens, we'll be doubly screwed because there's no way Byrne would stay on.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
The new AD has already been hired. How is LT going to come back and take his job back? He isnt

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah. The new AD has been hired, but the old one isn't out the door yet. Like I said, I hope I'm just being paranoid, but LT has some very powerful friends. Powerful enough to get rid of a university president.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Trust e when I say we are not going to hire a new AD and then turn around and fire hom for our old one again

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah, the power brokers at MSU would never do something dumb like that, would they?

Seriously, I'm sure you're right. I've just been paranoid about LT leaving ever since they announced he was "leaving in 18 months." I'd finally accepted that some positive change would be made in our athletic dept. when we hired Byrne, and then the main driving force behind LT's "retirement" resigns before LT is completely out the door. I've relapsed right back into paranoia. But just remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't necessarily mean there aren't people out there trying to get you (or in this case, get LT's job back).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login