Zavion Hardy

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I think Hutzler will get it together. This guy actually said he was stoked about Coach Turner. So maybe he isn't washed up and too old. He needs some studs across that line juco AND high schoolers. I think we will be wandering thru the dessert for a couple years regardless

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Top Juco’s are back within reach for us again. The attention that JUCO athletes used to receive from the big boys has shifted to transfer portal players. The number of JUCO athletes who commit to power five programs has decreased by nearly 50% since the pre-portal era. This could be honey hole for us to take advantage of again, like back when Jackie used it heavily before the big boys decided to follow suit.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Top Juco’s are back within reach for us again. The attention that JUCO athletes used to receive from the big boys has shifted to transfer portal players. The number of JUCO athletes who commit to power five programs has decreased by nearly 50% since the pre-portal era. This could be honey hole for us to take advantage of again, like back when Jackie used it heavily before the big boys decided to follow suit.
Good insight. His recruiting writeup sounds like the Incredible Hulk. He's 6'4" 265 with a 6'9" wingspan.
fist pump yes GIF by Mr Sunshine Netflix
This is my GIF of a random Asian guy pumping sunshine

Reactions: bulldoghair

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Good insight. His recruiting writeup sounds like the Incredible Hulk. He's 6'4" 265 with a 6'9" wingspan.
fist pump yes GIF by Mr Sunshine Netflix
This is my GIF of a random Asian guy pumping sunshine
Also to my original point, notice not only just Hardy, but right now we’ve got commitments from the top 4 rated players in the JUCO system right now. All defensive players. Hopefully this system can be just as strong as it was us under the early Jackie days.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
The talent pool in Juco has dropped significantly on the whole. We have done very well getting the ones this cycle that are good enough to play in the SEC, but you can't make a living in Juco any more. The portal has killed most of the Juco talent because bounce back players largely no longer go to Juco. They don't have to any more.

Reactions: patdog

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
The talent pool in Juco has dropped significantly on the whole. We have done very well getting the ones this cycle that are good enough to play in the SEC, but you can't make a living in Juco any more. The portal has killed most of the Juco talent because bounce back players largely no longer go to Juco. They don't have to any more.
I know this. But my point is that if we focus there again and clean up the top ones, while the big boys are looking elsewhere, I’m saying this could be a honey hole for us again if vetted properly. There is plenty of JUCO SEC talent to get, that will have that chip on their shoulder to prove something.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
I know this. But my point is that if we focus there again and clean up the top ones, while the big boys are looking elsewhere, I’m saying this could be a honey hole for us again if vetted properly. There is plenty of JUCO SEC talent to get, that will have that chip on their shoulder to prove something.
There are not plenty. There are 2-3 a year that we can get at most. We did a great job of basically sweeping them this year. It won't be that way every year. I can promise you we didn't get the couple we got this year because big time programs were focused elsewhere. Everyone in the country wants this guy and the safety we just got.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
there is still talent in the JUCO ranks. Should be able to pick up 4-5 good ones a year. Johnnie Daniels is a good example. also Lanier

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
There are not plenty. There are 2-3 a year that we can get at most. We did a great job of basically sweeping them this year. It won't be that way every year. I can promise you we didn't get the couple we got this year because big time programs were focused elsewhere. Everyone in the country wants this guy and the safety we just got.
There is plenty. Why would you want to sign more than 3-5 a year anyway? And for whatever reason, we got them this year. Are you saying we’re paying them more than everyone in the country? Ha.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
There is plenty. Why would you want to sign more than 3-5 a year anyway? And for whatever reason, we got them this year. Are you saying we’re paying them more than everyone in the country? Ha.
There's definitely not plenty of SEC talent in the JUCO ranks any more. It has been slashed significantly. I'm not saying we are paying them more than anyone in the country. I'm saying we did a great job of recruiting them this year, because we have great relationships at Scooba mainly and Turner has a previous relationship with this kid. You can definitely tell who is only on the free site of this board.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login