I like what ESPN did there.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
As Matt Barrie said, something just feels right about VT on a Fall Thursday Night. For those that didn’t see, they basically showed 2 minutes of VT’s Enter Sandman entrance completely uninterrupted, the announcers just stayed silent and let you soak up the atmosphere.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Speaking of helmet logos, why the hell did VA Tech get away from the iconic maroon helmet with VT logo & maroon jerseys? Their uniforms look as bad as ours do.

Reactions: mcdawg22

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Because it's what all schools do now for social media and to sell merchandise

Notice that aTm has hats and shirts with a script Aggies this year. However they kept their tradition aTm helmet logo.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Speaking of helmet logos, why the hell did VA Tech get away from the iconic maroon helmet with VT logo & maroon jerseys? Their uniforms look as bad as ours do.
Virginia Tech hasn't abandoned their maroon helmets and jerseys. Tonight was something VT calls "the orange effect" . . . so all of their fans are supposed to wear orange shirts, hats, etc. I guess that's why the VT players were wearing orange pants, orange jerseys, and white helmets.

I went to the VT game tonight (my daughter is a first-year there). The Enter Sandman intro was impressive.

Reactions: mcdawg22
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login