I love coaching searches.....

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
If after the first three SEC series we are 2-7 (or worse), which based on the schedule would not be at all surprising, and we make a move to fire lemon juice, I'm assuming the interim would be someone currently on staff? Who are the prospects to fill that role?

Last edited:
Reactions: NIGHTDOG

patdog

May 28, 2007
If it goes that badly, don't be surprised, especialy if we don't right the ship over the next three weeks.
It won’t go that badly. Pitching is much improved. Hitting will come around some, but we’re still going to be a lot worse offensively than most posters think. First 3 conference weekends will be bad. Probably 2-7. But can’t read too much into that. Schedule gets better after then. What difference would it make even if we did fire him after 3 weeks?

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Usually I would ask the question what do you desire? That being said, I love all the qualifications of when it would be right to fire Lemonis. I love all the under what scenario or in what case should we be rid of him and when? The very fact these conversations are taking place mean we need to fire him now.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
We're not firing the coach 3 weeks into the conference season. Maybe with 3 weeks to go, at the earliest.
Do it after the Ole Miss series. Butch comes to town for Super Bulldog Weekend in a U-Haul and never leaves

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I know Butch personally, love the guy and he may be the answer but on paper Lemonis resume is better than Butch's. I think we should aim bigger.

Reactions: BigBully

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I hate them. That means we are having to replace a coach that either died, retired, left for a bigger job, or got fired. None of those are good situations if you think about it.

Reactions: patdog

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This thread did age well.

We will make a move before the season is over, let's do it now. Waiting doesn't benefit us at all.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I guess the choices are 1) Parker, 2) GoTro, or 3) Cheeseburger. If we continue to lose low scoring, one run games then I guess you go Parker.
I love my yellow lab, Cheeseburger. But I don't think he would make a good baseball coach. Plus he would leave poop all over the outfield.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login