I mean.. you gotta go 3 iron played with the ball in the back of your stance… right?

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I would take out the driving iron and let it rip then keep on walking. ********

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
A large window of a house was built just 25 yards behind the middle of a green? Assuming the green is even average, thats about 10 yards of green behind the middle point. Then you have some fringe, rough, a cart path, then OB and the yard of the house.
That window is like 8 yards away from OB.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Maybe. But after I chip in for birdie and you 3 jiggle after that PW you were bragging about carrying 153, I’m laughing all the way to the next tee box.
Lol. You're not wrong. I lost 8 balls Wednesday evening... I had 2 - 8's. My scores in 3 rounds this year... 83, 84, 98

Prolly break 100 and 80 in the next 2.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Feel like you need another yardage value on that sign for the peak of the roof of the house….just in case you want to be a good samaritan and help them out with a hail damage claim or two.

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
I'd love to see any of yall try and hit a window from 175 with a 3 iron. I'll stand in front of the window and take bets.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
They chose to live in that location, accidental hits happen on every single hole on every course in the world. being 25 yards off from the center of the green is a likely scenario in every direction. Sounds like someone needs to be educated.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I'd love to see any of yall try and hit a window from 175 with a 3 iron. I'll stand in front of the window and take bets.
Hey boss, show some respect. I’ve been reprimanded on multiple ranges for hitting the ball return cart, and that’s a moving target.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Is there another sign about 30 yards ahead that reads, "Hit the next shot with your purse, Alice."

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
There is a par 3 that I play regularly, 75 yards. It’s over water so 10 yards short is wet. Green is kidney shaped about 10 yds deep and 30 yards wide. There is a house with a screened in pool and patio about 15 yards beyond the green. No telling how many times I’ve hit that screened patio and have lost a few balls to the house gutters. It’s a challenge for me.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

I think the main point is that its extremely easy to hit it with a bad shot. A thin 3-iron or even 4/5/6 iron is going to hit it low and hard, and if first contact to the ground is actually on the green, then its going to come screaming off the turf, and that house is getting plunked pretty hard somewhere from the bounce. Even moreso if its hot and middle of the day right after its cut, and playing hard / fast. Would be pure luck of the draw if it gets the window or not. So that sign is basically saying, pull your 8/9, and lay-up with the PW if you can’t get there with one of those.

If you’re actually aiming for the window, sure, hard to do. But I damn sure wouldn’t want that house. And even if I was forced to own it at gunpoint, I wouldn’t want that sign on the course there to tempt whatever drunk jackasses decide to come through and club up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Hooded three iron from the middle of your stance. Then leave a note that says "you shouldn't have bought a house on a golf course."
I mean i'm not gonna purposefully try and hit someone's house or car or whatever, but it grinds my gears when people buy houses on or next to a golf course and get upset about golf course things.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I mean i'm not gonna purposefully try and hit someone's house or car or whatever, but it grinds my gears when people buy houses on or next to a golf course and get upset about golf course things.

True. Regardless of whether its dumb to buy a home on a course, its ridiculous to ask golfers to change how they would normally play any given shot because of your home on the course. The only thing the golfer should consider is the difficulty / distance of their next shot based on a good, OK, or bad shot with whatever club / swing / approach, then choose each accordingly. They didn’t pay $80 to try and take care of a stranger’s property.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
There is a tale of two owners at a course in Milton called Tanglewood. One house which funny enough is next to Heath Slocum’s parents old house has a bunch of balls nailed to a tree with a sign saying retrieve your ball at your own peril or something like that. The tree is probably 2 ft outside the white stakes with no fence. Yes, it’s trespassing to get your ball and I would hope people didn’t walk up to his house to get it or hit out of his yard.
He also has St Augustine, so I would love to see the day he runs over one of those balls that didn’t get picked up cutting grass and shoots it through a window.

The other is a chain link fenced yard to the left @ 210 off the tee box. It has a sign on their gate saying. Feel free to come in and pick up your golf ball. We hope your next shot is straighter!

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Curiosity question. Has anyone damaged property or experienced damage property from an errant shot? When I first started playing all I played was State and Clear Creek so I didn’t have to worry about it. The first time I played a neighborhood course I asked the guy I was playing with what happens if I break a window and he told me the course has insurance to cover those damages. Now that I know people on golf courses I know that isn’t true. When you hit a shot that may have damaged something do you hang around for a second to make sure it’s okay or do you haul ***? I’ve never heard glass break from my own shot but I was on a green one time when someone behind me did it and they checked on the home. Don’t know what came of it though.

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
Curiosity question. Has anyone damaged property or experienced damage property from an errant shot? When I first started playing all I played was State and Clear Creek so I didn’t have to worry about it. The first time I played a neighborhood course I asked the guy I was playing with what happens if I break a window and he told me the course has insurance to cover those damages. Now that I know people on golf courses I know that isn’t true. When you hit a shot that may have damaged something do you hang around for a second to make sure it’s okay or do you haul ***? I’ve never heard glass break from my own shot but I was on a green one time when someone behind me did it and they checked on the home. Don’t know what came of it though.
Scram!

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
About to play a very narrow mountain neighborhood course this afternoon. Not getting good vibes from this thread

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login