I need to get a new car…..

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
There is some playing around with an EV that has a gas engine that only recharges it instead of having duel ev and ICE motors. Not sure when those will hit but I rarely buy the first generation of anything. I might one of those, depending on how well they work and the timing of my need vs if/when they hit the market.

I like that idea, even a 5 or 10 gallon tank would be a game changer if it could recharge on the fly and keep you moving. 300 miles becomes.....

Things are changing so rapidly it's hard to keep up but Hybrid is still a good choice, I wanted a Hybrid when I went to buy in late 2022 but got an EV instead. Hybrid would have been a better choice for me about 5% of the time, the rest? EV is cheaper to operate so I went with EV. Especially on a trip where I can charge where a hotel offers complimentary charging.

Toyota was focusing on hybrids back then but I have no idea what direction they are going now. I had a Camry that I had planned on driving several more years but a kid slammed my back bumper into my back seat with his 1970s pickup while I was stopped waiting on someone to turn. His bumper had scratches but they were old and my Camry was toast. He was looking at something in the floor, you think it was a cellphone?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Interesting. My Ford Sync is the only thing I dislike about my truck, but it's mostly because it is not consistent in connecting like it should. By comparison my wife's Acura never misses a beat, and it will display driving directions from Apple Maps on the HUD.
I had an acura tl. I thought the infotainment sucked. I'm apple too. random disconnects, awful lag, touch screen not recognizing phone calls, not recognizing your phone, etc. The newest 2 generations of ford sync are great. Supposedly the new Chrysler software is good too, but its hard to trust anything Stellantis. Obviously Tesla has a great one as well.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
Before you buy an Accord, make sure you have plenty of leg room, especially for long trips. I’m only 6 ft tall and I feel very cramped in wife’s accord. I would never buy one for myself for that reason. Good car otherwise. Please verify your leg room!

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The Toyota Tundra was so great because that 2nd generation was left virtually the same from 08'-21' when the current 3rd generation came out. Meanwhile, the Silverado created its 2nd generation in 07', 3rd in 14', and 4th in 19'. It was more advanced technology wise, but they never get good at actually fixing the current generation's flaws before they move on to something new to pump sales back up. If Toyota sticks to the old model of letting the current generation run for 10 or more years they'll be great I'm sure, but if they jump in the rat race with new generations every 5-6 years like the domestic makers, I think it will hurt reliability big time.
I'm skeert of the new Tundras, in a couple of years, I'll probably a 2021 model with a 100k to replace my 2012 with 250k on it. For towing campers, etc., the Tundra is capable, but I feel a lot better with 3/4 ton or larger.

Last edited: