I noticed last week Gregg Ellis won the Sportswriter

TilloDawg

May 26, 2006
of the Year award in Mississippi(an award I think that was deserved, by the way).

Anyway, underneath that, I noticed Stan Sandroni won the Sportscaster of the Year award....for like the 3rd year in a row & like the 6th time total.

My question is....how ? He's UM's John Correro.

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
is on the air with Kellum, so he definetly sounds good on their brodcast. That and the fact that he may not believe in a good bottle of Jack Daniels on the sideline.

Jack: "Lets go down to John Correro for on the field insight."
John: "(mumble) its a howlding, JACK! (mumble)"

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
That guy breaks down a play like nothing flat. I listen to him and feel like I understand exactly what happened on the field.

kwfergy

Feb 25, 2008
You shouldn't have any thoughts that Stan and Mr. Daniels don't meet regularly on the sidelines.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
It's a Rebel conspiracy.

Also, to whoever said he sounded good because he was on the air with Kellum- that was pretty funny.

SoxFan343

Feb 25, 2008
He does the color commentary. Sandroni is the sideline reporter.

This is a typical Kellum/Sandroni exchange:

Kellum: "Wow what a hit by Hardy, lets go down to Stan and hear what it felt like up close"

Stan: "Yeah David, he hit him pretty good"

Kellum: " Thanks Stan, and now its a big play....."

Rufus Was A Fan

Dec 28, 2007
Stan was the voice of Delta State way back when. He also had a sports radio talk show in Cleveland back in the 70's on Sunday night.

Married to a Dog

Feb 25, 2008
Sandroni may be alright, but he never offers anything in my opinion.

Cordelli on the other hand actually makes football oriented comments and offers unique insight. Methinks (or maybe mehopes) he is thinking Cordelli.

May 24, 2006
Stan is just a sideline reporter. And, he very rarely adds any relevant insight to the broadcast.

Kellum: "And the ball is lose. A Rebel defender jumps on it and it pops back out toward the sidelines. Now, there's a dog pile. Ok. We're waiting on a call from the officials. Both head coaches seem to be pleading their case to the officials. Let's go down to Stan and see what happened."

Stan: "David, I was over by the Rebelettes and there was a commotion on the sidelines. Everybody was jumping up and down. I'll see if I can find out what happened. Back to you, David."

TilloDawg

May 26, 2006
Couple of budies of mine were in school at UM, and would sit by Stan aty baseball games....they always said every other couple of words were GD this & GD that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login