I remember someone on here said Leach “didn’t act like a normal college football coach” when describing why some of our fans didn’t like him

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
But that demeanor is exactly why everyone in the college football world has reacted the way they have to his death. I don’t think Nick Saban would get the same love and condolences as Leach has gotten. Mike Leach was a unique, one of a kind individual who happened to coach college football, and coach it very well. While he definitely made his mark on college football world, his personality and nature are what really separates him from all others.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
But that demeanor is exactly why everyone in the college football world has reacted the way they have to his death. I don’t think Nick Saban would get the same love and condolences as Leach has gotten. Mike Leach was a unique, one of a kind individual who happened to coach college football, and coach it very well. While he definitely made his mark on college football world, his personality and nature are what really separates him from all others.

No, Saban would receive tremendous respect, but not a feeling of grief and loss among casuals who don't know him personally.

It's the difference between being a well rounded human who truly cares about his fellow man and being a single minded perfectionist who cares about what his fellow man can do to further his perfection.

I know which guy I'd want to spend time with.

Saban and I would mutually agree that we didn't need to spend time together.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Yeah, if I had a choice between having 2 hours with Mike Leach or 2 hours with Saban, it would be an easy choice. Saban would talk about football because that’s all he knows and all he cares about. Mike would talk to you about anything and everything-the conversation wouldn’t be centered on Mike Leach. He would probably be more interested in learning about me than telling me about himself. Everybody who shared personal stories about him today all said the same thing about him-he cared more about others than he did about himself. He was a selfless man with a natural curiosity about pretty much everything. What a unique guy and truly a treasure to have in your camp. It’s a shame that so many of us didn’t appreciate what we had until he passed.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
No, Saban would receive tremendous respect, but not a feeling of grief and loss among casuals who don't know him personally.

It's the difference between being a well rounded human who truly cares about his fellow man and being a single minded perfectionist who cares about what his fellow man can do to further his perfection.

This right here^

When people that I don’t know die, celebrities or otherwise, I generally couldn’t care less. However, even though I never met the guy, I’m truly saddened by Coach Leach’s death.
I absolutely hate it for his wife and family. All the stories you hear about him, just make you wish you knew him. I appreciate real, non-arrogant people.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login