I simply cannot 17ing believe

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
This is truly one of the single most 17d up situations I’ve ever seen.

No matter who the coach was, this year was ALWAYS a complete rebuild. Last year was the year to make a statement for once, but our coach died and the “replacement” was a total piece of shít and blew it.

So, in a year that was already guaranteed to be a down year, we fired our coach after one season and we got what we got. We added a massive coaching rebuild on top of an already massive recruiting rebuild.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This is what happens when you build your team to a gimmick instead of just hiring a good ball coach. Goes all the way back to when Mullen left. Lot of good coaches out there then instead we got the savant. Next air raid. Next a guy who never should have got the job wasn't experienced or ready. Next we got another greenhorn

Oct 20, 2022
This is what happens when you build your team to a gimmick instead of just hiring a good ball coach. Goes all the way back to when Mullen left. Lot of good coaches out there then instead we got the savant. Next air raid. Next a guy who never should have got the job wasn't experienced or ready. Next we got another greenhorn
That's what happens when you hire a friend!!!

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Except we went 9-4 won the egg bowl won the bowl game finished top 20 ranking with Leach. Only done four times in school history. Bashing leach is what got us here

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Except we went 9-4 won the egg bowl won the bowl game finished top 20 ranking with Leach. Only done four times in school history. Bashing leach is what got us here
Leach was a good football snd as long as he was still alive we would be okay but he built a program his way that nobody else would could do or repeat. Nobody else did it his way so when he retired we would be right where we are now rebuilding to something different. The guys who are junior seniors are guys he recruited here. Looking around they are all either gone or garbage

Reactions: vandaldawg

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Leach was a good football snd as long as he was still alive we would be okay but he built a program his way that nobody else would could do or repeat. Nobody else did it his way so when he retired we would be right where we are now rebuilding to something different. The guys who are junior seniors are guys he recruited here. Looking around they are all either gone or garbage
Leach would have processed most of these guys if they hadn't progressed and brought in different ones. Most of the starters are portal guys, not ones that came up through Leachs system.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
The worst thing is that we, as Mississippi State football fans, have to realize, at this point, that it will take a lot for us to progress this program. What really hurts right now is that we are nowhere near heading the right way.

#SabanWuzRight
I think the only people shocked are those that thought we could keep up with the Joneses once NIL hit and then plug and play with portal players. This takes a lot of money and elite coaching. Before I hear Toledo or Memphis this or some other cherry picked example it's not just one game, one year etc. Program building has changed forever and it's not changed for the better relative to programs like ours. If you can't come to terms with that then you have some rough weekends coming. The NFL has a salary cap for a reason.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Leach was a legend but like Saban even he had some hot takes on NIL. Freaking cancer to the game.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I honestly feel bad for Shapen. He’s a good QB, but made a terrible career decision. We have no talent anywhere other than qb and wr.
Yeah everyone wanted more receivers. This is what we get. Instead of oline and rb. Online is the sorriest oline msu has put on the field. Worst group of running backs we have ever had. And the worst part, that's not even the worst part of the team. Even croom and Jackie had dudes on the defense.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Leach would have processed most of these guys if they hadn't progressed and brought in different ones. Most of the starters are portal guys, not ones that came up through Leachs system.
Yes in his his system but nobody was gonna run the program the same way even if he would have retired still would have had to redo the entire offense. And we really didn't recruit the front 7 well at all his tenure. Just the dbs.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
I think it’s tbd if Lebbybis a decent coach. The offense looks better most of the time than it did last year, however he failed at a few things out of the gate:

1) the DC hire somehow now looks even worse than when we made it and nobody liked it then. He needed a salty old school guy that could run that entire side and at least make us tough.

2) we spent all our time and money chasing skill position offensive guys. I think Shapen is decent enough and our wr corps is probably one of our best. But we whiffed on rb and the ol is not great.

3) our defensive portal was abysmal. I don’t know if we didn’t give that side any money or if our evals were done by interns but we didn’t bring in much that was helpful and we needed huge help there. I’d have felt a little better on our DC if he at least brought half of Bama second string with him. He brought 0 and then the guys we did bring in weren’t starters or weren’t good on mediocre teams

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Damn man, give it a 17'n rest.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Well then quit talking **** and saying he’s a gimmick…..he wasn’t. He was a damn good football coach, doosh bag clown.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Well then quit talking **** and saying he’s a gimmick…..he wasn’t. He was a damn good football coach, doosh bag clown.
But he was a gimmick. He was a clown a good. He was a good coach, but he was also a gimmick. A dated one. Modern football was catching up with him. Nobody ran an offense like him anymore. Nobody. He was a good head coach in the way he ran a program overall. He knew his system and built to it, BUT he focused only build certain parts. Our defensive front 7 suffered from it. We had a decent secondary. A couple decent guys at linebacker he didn't recruit. He had good/decent o line but they could only pass block. We learned that last year. The qbs he recruited to msu have all pretty much been a bust outside of will when he played under his system. So yeah I believe leach was a good coach as head coach who also ran a gimmick old school offense.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I think the only people shocked are those that thought we could keep up with the Joneses once NIL hit and then plug and play with portal players. This takes a lot of money and elite coaching. Before I hear Toledo or Memphis this or some other cherry picked example it's not just one game, one year etc. Program building has changed forever and it's not changed for the better relative to programs like ours. If you can't come to terms with that then you have some rough weekends coming. The NFL has a salary cap for a reason.
Accurate statement.

Arnett and Lebby were both guaranteed to fail, due to the fact that they were the only coaches either too stupid to take our job thinking they could succeed in the current environment, or too selfish to care whether they succeeded or not because they knew they’d get super rich either way.

Regardless, MSU now has a Lewis Grizzard problem on its hands. We no longer should ever want any coach at all who, for one reason or another, actually wants to be here.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRMSU

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
But he was a gimmick. He was a clown a good. He was a good coach, but he was also a gimmick. A dated one. Modern football was catching up with him. Nobody ran an offense like him anymore. Nobody. He was a good head coach in the way he ran a program overall. He knew his system and built to it, BUT he focused only build certain parts. Our defensive front 7 suffered from it. We had a decent secondary. A couple decent guys at linebacker he didn't recruit. He had good/decent o line but they could only pass block. We learned that last year. The qbs he recruited to msu have all pretty much been a bust outside of will when he played under his system. So yeah I believe leach was a good coach as head coach who also ran a gimmick old school offense.
A gimmick system that wins 9 games a year would look pretty good right now. I’d take it.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Both of you guys can go 17 yourselves worst posters on this board by far. Pretty sure you are just the same guy getting yourself off by replying under multiple names.

Just so I'm clear on this. You think Goat and I are the same guy?

That opinion would make sense, based on your other feats of logic.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login