I simply cannot 17ing believe

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Accurate statement.

Arnett and Lebby were both guaranteed to fail, due to the fact that they were the only coaches either too stupid to take our job thinking they could succeed in the current environment, or too selfish to care whether they succeeded or not because they knew they’d get super rich either way.

Regardless, MSU now has a Lewis Grizzard problem on its hands. We no longer should ever want any coach at all who, for one reason or another, actually wants to be here.
Yep, only way out I see is to money whip a coach into coming. Just don't think we have the resources or will as a fan base to do that and sign top players....not elite but top players. If we try to go the development route which has been basically our mo they will just get stolen. We have become the Oakland As.....maybe they can make a Money Ball movie about us.

Reactions: vandaldawg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Leach was a good hire and would have likely won 7-8 regularly. Wazu and Texas Tech did fine, about what they normally did, after Leach left so he didn't destroy those programs because of a gimmick. I'll take Leach and the air raid over anything since Mullin. This year is done but Lebby is putting his stamp on the program and it might not show much until year three. Or he might have been a bad hire. Tulane has a new coach and has played K State and Oklahoma close. Both losses but nothing like what Toledo did. Tulane's recruiting rankings is typically in the 70s. A decent coach can get us to 7 wins. Ole Miss has a great coach, an energetic recruiter and one ready for the NIL era. Our best hope is that he leaves but Ole Miss will likely do whatever they can to make him stay. They didn't spend too much to have the biggest house in the neighborhood like we did with baseball. Anyway, I don't have season tix. Tailgating will be fun but it's gonna totally suck to be at games this season.

MSUVetRep

Oct 1, 2018
Yep, only way out I see is to money whip a coach into coming. Just don't think we have the resources or will as a fan base to do that and sign top players....not elite but top players. If we try to go the development route which has been basically our mo they will just get stolen. We have become the Oakland As.....maybe they can make a Money Ball movie about us.
We didn’t have the money to buy out a baseball coaches contract.. we are broke compared to others despite what the mods on the board try to convince us. That’s why we have to cater and listen to 3-4 boosters. They are all we really have.. compared to others who have thousands of high paying boosters. Florida boosters have came up with 50 million to buy out Napier in just 24 hours. That would take us 10 years it seems.

Last edited:

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
It's hard to understand all you guys trying to say it's just bad crooting by Leach. Lebby signed 10 of the 11 guys starting on offense. Plus all the 2 deep back ups. Remember when you were all wetting your shorts over Pounders ?? Just a week ago it was how awesome Shapen is. Cody Kennedy is a pitiful OL coach trying to make a bunch of second string guys into a competent unit. This staff couldn't sign any decent defenders. This team has about 4 or 5 good players on it yet how many did we sign out of the portal? Swing and a miss. All of the good players will be gone soon. Guys are already jumping ship. We will be lucky to have any 3 star croots left by next spring

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
We didn’t have have to money to buy out a baseball coaches contract.. we are broke compared to others despite what the mods on the board try to convince us. That’s why we have to cater and listen to 3-4 boosters. They are all we really have.. compared to others who have thousands of high paying boosters. Florida boosters have came up with 50 million to buy out Napier in just 24 hours. That would take us 10 years it seems.
Just want to make sure this gets the attention it deserves.

soccerdad

Apr 16, 2019
Remember Leach booted players when he came so players leaving is not a big deal. With Leach passing and a defensive coach we lost 2 years of recruiting. Maybe under Leach it’s pass quick out of the pocket and we didn’t need to have the lineman but we can’t block for over 2 seconds so we have to dink and dunk quickly Now. In the SEC or anywhere you have to have lineman. Everyone draft to the Bulldog Collective something. I hope Dak and Some of the other guys see this and help out. Why do you think Ole Miss took out a $3 million dollar loan to buy lineman and and defensive players. They know it was now or never based on their schedule And if they won more people would join the collective.

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
I'm all for rebuilding, but it feels like we don't have any parts.
It's hard to rebuild with just a ratchet wrench and a hammer if there's no parts to put 'em on.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Does Lebby even know how to dig out of this? The program is in a rebuild but does Lebby know where to start or how to do it? Can someone please ask the relevant pointed questions in the next presser?

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The worst thing is that we, as Mississippi State football fans, have to realize, at this point, that it will take a lot for us to progress this program. What really hurts right now is that we are nowhere near heading the right way.

#SabanWuzRight
Exactly right. As State fans, we've all been conditioned to deal with losing. The hard part is that there is absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel to this cluster

Reactions: vandaldawg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Remember Leach booted players when he came so players leaving is not a big deal. With Leach passing and a defensive coach we lost 2 years of recruiting. Maybe under Leach it’s pass quick out of the pocket and we didn’t need to have the lineman but we can’t block for over 2 seconds so we have to dink and dunk quickly Now. In the SEC or anywhere you have to have lineman. Everyone draft to the Bulldog Collective something. I hope Dak and Some of the other guys see this and help out. Why do you think Ole Miss took out a $3 million dollar loan to buy lineman and and defensive players. They know it was now or never based on their schedule And if they won more people would join the collective.
Leach stated the most important position group on any team is the offensive line. Mason Miller is a great O line coach and Leach always developed good pass blocking O lines. Look no further than Will Friend what he did to that veteran unit in 2023. kennedy is bad.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I honestly feel bad for Shapen. He’s a good QB, but made a terrible career decision. We have no talent anywhere other than qb and wr.
Not sure what the love affair is with Shapen. The man is a fifth year senior, a 62% career passer but I don't see a special player, his foot work and mechanics are suspect. At many SEC schools he is probably a back up. Of course, with a few exceptions, he is surrounded by players that would be hard pressed to start for most directional schools. Been a long time since I've seen this poor of play from both sides of the line.

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Not sure what the love affair is with Shapen. The man is a fifth year senior, a 62% career passer but I don't see a special player, his foot work and mechanics are suspect. At many SEC schools he is probably a back up. Of course, with a few exceptions, he is surrounded by players that would be hard pressed to start for most directional schools. Been a long time since I've seen this poor of play from both sides of the line.

It'll be hard to get an honest assessment on Shapen from quite a few on this board who are focused on being right about the suckage of our last QB.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Yes in his his system but nobody was gonna run the program the same way even if he would have retired still would have had to redo the entire offense. And we really didn't recruit the front 7 well at all his tenure. Just the dbs.
well he didn't retire he passed away. I'm guessing he'd still be coaching if that hadn't been the case. We are where we are due to Arnett. Everyone that could transfer out did and I don't blame them. They didn't know what to expect. That's why we have so many new players.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login