I think it's safe to say

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
One thing I could gather from today was that the energy level was super high. It’s like the team gives a damn again. Last year we didn’t see that at all. Totally different attitude this year it seems.

Good players know when a coaching staff is clueless. That had to be a depressing locker room last year.

Reactions: patdog

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Craver, Coleman, Mosley, and Whittmore are legit talents at wideout. Only saw Stonka get one touch on a ****** play so hard to get a read on him. Our new TE alligator armed the one pass I remember going his way, but he otherwise was a nonfactor.

It seemed like we could have gone over the top for big yards at will so I'm pretty happy with the passing game all in all.

Lee didn't have a great game, but Booth averaged almost 5 yards a carry so I'll take that.

On a personal note, I drank a LOT of bourbon today, but never reached the level of obnoxious ******* that those around me have cone to expect, and fear. Maybe not having to watch Kevin Barbay's retarded offense **** all over my dreams of State's greatness kept me more sober than I expected to be. I'll adjust and do better next time.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Only thing I gathered tonight is Lebby was the right hire (been saying this since day 1) and our fanbase blows. All you 17ers that sit at home and expect the athletic department to give you a blowjob just to attend can go 17 yourselves. We deserve 3-9 every year.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Did we have any preset penalties tonight? I don't remember any.

I have gotten tired of that happening continuously over the last few years.

Reactions: Pookieray

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I was talking about protecting a QB. Would the offense have been less handcuffed with Will hurt and a backup playing??

The answer is No. It would have been awful.
Keeping your qb in the pocket and having lead feet for a qb handcuffs your offense. I'd taken Shapen taking the risk over the statue qb offense everyday.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Keeping your qb in the pocket and having lead feet for a qb handcuffs your offense. I'd taken Shapen taking the risk over the statue qb offense everyday.

I'll take as many seasons like Leach's last one as we can find. We've had very few teams that good.

I hope we don't find out what we look like on O without Shapen.

Reactions: 85Bears

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
how do we appear to have a more competent quarterback than Florida or Texas A&M? I know they were playing excellent defenses but that was really bad.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Technically, Dr Who had a Tardis, disguised as a Police Call Box, but whatever **
the big bang theory sheldon GIF

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
Some of you guys are slightly delusional. We looked good against a team barely above a junior college. I was satisfied but we should have been able to run at will. A win next week is not a given. They looked good also. And did anyone here see Arkansas ? They looked dominant. Also against a garbage team. If we win next week I will be more excited.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Some of you guys are slightly delusional. We looked good against a team barely above a junior college. I was satisfied but we should have been able to run at will. A win next week is not a given. They looked good also. And did anyone here see Arkansas ? They looked dominant. Also against a garbage team. If we win next week I will be more excited.
Perspective. We would have scored 20 max with the same staff last year. Nobody expected perfection

Reactions: PhredPhantom

LandArchDawg

Sep 14, 2003
The second string defense looked hungry and salty. The fresh legs on tired ones no doubt helped. But it looked like they had more spark than the first team D.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The second string defense looked hungry and salty. The fresh legs on tired ones no doubt helped. But it looked like they had more spark than the first team D.
Hard to judge. By then EKU was worn out, banged up & just wanted to go home. I thought the 1st team defense looked a bit better than I expected, although that’s not saying much.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
Perspective. We would have scored 20 max with the same staff last year. Nobody expected perfection
No doubt it was much better than that pitiful staff. State really screwed the pooch hiring that dysfunctional group of coaches. Which I believe half of us here beat that dead horse for a few months. Better but not enough for me to think we are gonna win eight. But definitely satisfactory and with a little fine tuning who knows.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
that after 3.25hrs we don't really know yet what we have, (Got an idea though). We are going to have to figure out a way to run the ball to keep defenses somewhat honest. Not sure without a running game we can continue throwing the ball the way we did against teams with more talent than EKU. We will know next week.
Lebby can coach. I'm excited for the future if he sticks around.

Run game was kinda disappointing despite 200yds. Maybe oline needs time to gel.
Passing game looked pretty good. Shapen has a real quick release and can put the ball in tight zones
More depth than we could've ever dreamed of at wr. Gotta find a way to get those guys the ball. Maybe we can run a lot of wr screens to make up for the run game.

Defense might have played vanilla but...
For the most part they made the stops on 3rd and 4th down
Secondary seemed to struggle when the qb had any time

Reactions: Pookieray

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
that after 3.25hrs we don't really know yet what we have, (Got an idea though). We are going to have to figure out a way to run the ball to keep defenses somewhat honest. Not sure without a running game we can continue throwing the ball the way we did against teams with more talent than EKU. We will know next week.
EKU filled the box to stop the run all night and we didn't remotely open up the play book and still lit it up. Booth or Daniels need to take the RB carries.

Oct 7, 2022
ETA- I forgot that teams usually improve the most between their second and first games

This is the most over used cliche in college football and it’s bull s h i t.

It defies rational thinking.

No. The most improvement ANY team will make is between their first game and their last.

This s h i t really isn’t that hard. Common sense.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
We know we cannot stop the run. We know we can play sloppy on offense - that drive where we had 3? Off penalties in a row. We know we don't run block. We know we can pass on a d2 school.

Did something improve to offset that minor part about playing zero run D?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login