I think Lebby is building a foundation for something great

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
We’ll see. The offense can score on anyone but if you can’t make stops you gotta play perfect. If the defense doesn’t improve drastically next year it will still be a losing season.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
no reason we can't be competent on defense. We've had some up and down years, but we've reliably been solid on that side and never as clueless as we've looked the last two.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I can't believe there's a modern day defensive coach who is worse than Carl Torbush, Ron Cooper and Peter Sirmon. It just doesn't make sense.
He's a special teams coach. Always has been for 15 years, never promoted. He's never been a DC. He was hired to do something he has absolutely no idea how to do. 5 different teams in 5 years.

This is on Lebby. There was absolutely nothing about his resume that he should've been hired as DC. Lebby 17d up.

There are some really good G5 DCs that would love the opportunity.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm not mad about the fake punt anymore. We definitely have trended better than we started. I would never call this a moral victory, but it's another step in the right direction. I hope that we can make the right steps forward. Our skill players, especially our freshman quarterback, deserve a lot of credit. He was thrown directly in the fire and has come out better than even I thought he might.

CDawg08

Oct 5, 2022
I’m so sick of seeing other teams receivers running completely wide open with nobody on our defense with 5yds of them. The only thing worse is watching multiple running backs tote five of our players on their backs into the damn end zone. I mean WTF we basically have zero chance of winning because of them smh. I don’t blame Lebby for a fake punt this defense dropped two potential pick sixes and let them drive it down the field for 8minutes and score. They’re so bad I mean you have to take insane chances you have no other choice it’s pathetic

Reactions: patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The defense has improved, but considering how far we have fallen, that's not saying a lot. This is still the worst tackling team I've ever seen playing ball.

Ever.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
He's a special teams coach. Always has been for 15 years, never promoted. He's never been a DC. He was hired to do something he has absolutely no idea how to do. 5 different teams in 5 years.

This is on Lebby. There was absolutely nothing about his resume that he should've been hired as DC. Lebby 17d up.

There’s probably quite a few D1 DC’s that would come to Starkville too.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don’t blame Lebby for a fake punt this defense dropped two potential pick sixes and let them drive it down the field for 8minutes and score. They’re so bad I mean you have to take insane chances you have no other choice it’s pathetic
Honestly, it almost doesn’t matter where the opposing offense gets possession with our defense. So I’m ok with a lot of 4th quarter gambles. Biggest surprise to me today was how bad the A&M QB is.

that hire was a huge red flag. We’re getting what we deserve.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
But if Hutzler is back next year we might as well move on to the next head coach.

But if Hutzler is back next year we might as well move on to the next head coach.
I'm willing to give him a full 4 years provided each year shows a little bit more improvement in our play and in the standings. If we start trending downward pretty badly, then cut him loose during or after the 3rd year.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018

This is đź’Ż true, he has no business being hired into this position!

• Angry
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
The offense with the President is showing a lot of promise. The defense sucks. It's gotten some better, but the starting point was so low ..... Lebby got a pass this year anyway, and I think I see some signs he can possibly be a good one. He HAS to get a handle on the defense though.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
The A&M QB during a typical pass play. A little too much time on his hands.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login