I thought we would avoid Dayton

#ShowOff

Jun 21, 2013
After winning yesterday against UF, I thought we'd avoid having to go to Dayton.

I was just hoping to keep it respectable and physical and hang around for a bit versus Bama today.
I think with this current (first half) performance we will be playing Tues/Wed in Dayton, OH.
Here's to hoping Rutgers and PSU lose today ha.

#HailState

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
After winning yesterday against UF, I thought we'd avoid having to go to Dayton.

I was just hoping to keep it respectable and physical and hang around for a bit versus Bama today.
I think with this current (first half) performance we will be playing Tues/Wed in Dayton, OH.

#HailState
I still think we avoid Dayton.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022

#HailState
Why do you say that.
We’re in as a 10 or 11 easily and maybe a 9

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

#HailState
Losing to a potential #1 overall seed in the SEC Tournament won’t change much to the downside.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t think our loss changes much, but Dayton or no Dayton probably depends on what other teams do.

We’ve gotten some positive results already today with FAU winning and Rutgers losing. Need to keep hoping for good news elsewhere.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I don't see how we are going to win a post season game -- in Dayton, outta Dayton, or in the N.I.T.
We have got to be the absolute poorest shooting team being considered for post season play. Looked like we had no legs out there on the offensive side of the floor.
And the way our guys look putting up a jump shot is hard to watch.

Happy we got Jans and I really like what the team accomplished this year, but do not expect another win, no matter where we end up.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't see how we are going to win a post season game -- in Dayton, outta Dayton, or in the N.I.T.
We have got to be the absolute poorest shooting team being considered for post season play. Looked like we had no legs out there on the offensive side of the floor.

Happy we got Jans and I really like what the team accomplished this year, but do not expect another win, no matter where we end up.
Same way we won 20 regular season games and an SEC tournament game. I don't think we can get past the 1st weekend of the NCAA tournament, but there's no doubt this team could win a game.

Reactions: mstateglfr

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

I mean we could easily go one and done but let’s not act like we haven’t beaten good teams like the ones we might see in the tournament.

Reactions: patdog

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
We are about to come out from underneath poor sec officiating and flourish. Jans has been known to make Cinderella run

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Jans did well this year, IMO. Many fans didn't think we'd make the Dance. That was my only goal.....to get INTO the Dance. Even if we lose the first game, we still did well and had a nice year. We're using house money now.
If you had asked this board at the end of January if would we make the NCAA tournament, they would have tar and feathered you. I don't care how we end up now I was very happy that we developed a competitive drive this season. We had a tough game today. We couldn't make a basket against the one of the best teams in the country so I don't believe that it will erase what we have already accomplished this year. I'm looking forward to what Jans does next.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
Today's Bracketology has us back in Dayton against the school that my kid chose to attend starting this fall.

homer facepalm.jpg

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Don't be like that. I feel like everyone knows I was referring to the Lunardi Bracketology on ESPN. You know, the one known as "Bracketology."
I wasn't trying to be a butt. I was actually wondering, because I've been checking Bracket Matrix constantly the last two weeks. Lunardi is great on getting the teams correct, but he misses seeding a lot. Anyway, I really wasn't trying to come off as a butt.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
I wasn't trying to be a butt. I was actually wondering, because I've been checking Bracket Matrix constantly the last two weeks. Lunardi is great on getting the teams correct, but he misses seeding a lot. Anyway, I really wasn't trying to come off as a butt.
Gotcha - no worries. I misunderstood your intent. My bad.

MSUSaint15

Oct 18, 2020
I used to work in college athletics and for smaller teams and teams that haven't been in a while the First Four is a fantastic atmosphere. I went with a team years ago and the city of Dayton was fantastic to the teams and fans. It also gives you a chance to pick up a victory in the NCAA Tournament, which given our history since '96 picking up a victory in the NCAA Tourney would be huge - no matter who it's against and when it's played it's a great feeling.

Reactions: FQDawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I used to work in college athletics and for smaller teams and teams that haven't been in a while the First Four is a fantastic atmosphere. I went with a team years ago and the city of Dayton was fantastic to the teams and fans. It also gives you a chance to pick up a victory in the NCAA Tournament, which given our history since '96 picking up a victory in the NCAA Tourney would be huge - no matter who it's against and when it's played it's a great feeling.
I have noticed from watching on tv that Dayton folks usually fill up the arena. It’s always a great crowd. They really have embraced the First Four thing and made it an event. I think our team will be impressed by the crowd and atmosphere in the arena tomorrow night.

Reactions: Duggar Hall Desk
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login